Youtube Purge, Rumble Surge

DatDamBatman

A lot of YouTubers and now x-YouTubers are planning on moving their entire catalogs to rumble and I think that this should be encouraged but also a share campaign should run beside this and in conjunction. Both to support these independent content creators and for Rumble to gain some free ground. An entire world of viewership is now displaced.

P.S. Everyone is looking for a quality live streaming alternative to youtube. streaming and chat would have a massive impact right now. Just my two cents.

BrianEatsNH

As a current YouTuber who would love to see the tech oligarchs brought to their knees, it's vital for me to have live streaming and chat for my show. With that said, I do upload smaller videos as well, so I've begun uploading those videos over to Rumble.

If I can even get a third of the support I currently have on YouTube (I'm at about 170 subs and 300+ watch hours) and Rumble gets set up for live stream with chat, I'll dump YouTube permanently. My person to person interaction for my channel Brian Eats New Hampshire is extremely important to me and simple uploaded videos don't achieve that.

While I patiently wait and attempt to make this transition, I'd love to have your support for my channel here at Rumble, Brian Eats New Hampshire.

DatDamBatman

Anyone reading this at Rumble is probably laughing at me for suggesting they pivot their current model, but Rumble has an API, correct? a partnering streaming service that supplies a Rumple Oauth connection to upload after stream could be workable. Right now everyone is scattering and looking for the solution and it's going to be first come first serve. I'm pulling for Rumble and I'm hoping a live streaming solution will develop. If there was ever a time, now is it.

DatDamBatman

Rumble provides account based api keys:

and a video upload endpoint:

a third party streaming service could take the account api key and provide the option to upload directly to rumble on stream end. Rumble doesn't need a streaming service, it needs a streaming service partner.

If they are able to provide Oauth they could go so far as to allow many partners to integrate for multiple reasons/purposes and it takes the overhead of Rumble. Just my thoughts.

TheRightSide

A lot of YouTubers and now x-YouTubers are planning on moving their entire catalogs to rumble and I think that this should be encouraged but also a share campaign should run beside this and in conjunction. Both to support these independent content creators and for Rumble to gain some free ground. An entire world of viewership is now displaced.

P.S. Everyone is looking for a quality live streaming alternative to youtube. streaming and chat would have a massive impact right now. Just my two cents.
I'm not a content creator, but I hope Rumble gets their act together real soon. Creators are having lots of issues with converting videos quickly, into high res mode, and also issues with videos stuttering and freezing.

Last edited:

DatDamBatman

I have been really invested in this all day today.

Excluding the big tech streaming services, it looks like the only notable options are DLive and Clouthub. DLive has an API but I don't think it provides a video feed out and, as you said, managing the video is expensive. Ideally, you'd want a service already that is designed to take that load and have them add in support for your platform. They store the video while it's streaming so a function dependent on an API key field that uploads the video shouldn't be a huge ask. I don't know how accessible DLive is though.

It doesn't look like streaming is open to just anyone on Clouthub but apparently, the guy that runs it is a good guy and easy to get ahold of. He fixed a chat issue for Brenden Dilley, which is pretty cool. I'm not a fan of CloutHub's UX either, but things evolve.

Last edited: