YouTube Description Tip

chrisrumble

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

We are working on getting our Rumble Viral Youtube channel back to the viewership we used to see. With CPM's and views down, we are doing everything we can. One of things I noticed that is potentially making the content less searchable is the lack of a good description. Here is a great article on how to do it:

This will help a lot in getting your videos to surface and rank better. Hopefully it helps.

brenmichelle

With the increased volume, I think the videos don’t have a chance to get momentum. They get buried way too fast. I just posted a video that Kathy Lee and Hoda tweeted out and it was on Good Morning America. It has 5,000 views on Rumble viral right now. I think the vids just need to be featured a bit more by having more time as the most recent video.

MimiRabbit

With the increased volume, I think the videos don’t have a chance to get momentum. They get buried way too fast. I just posted a video that Kathy Lee and Hoda tweeted out and it was on Good Morning America. It has 5,000 views on Rumble viral right now. I think the vids just need to be featured a bit more by having more time as the most recent video.
Exactly. Even if the movie goes to Viral, it will be a maximum of 1 day on the Viral main page, you will get 2,000 views. Then the video hides every day and your 2000 views will not increase anymore.

chrisrumble

Administrator
Staff member
After further investigation, I will add some new discoveries:

1) Title needs to have a keyword people search for a lot. You can check this by looking on Google when the search term automatically populates a sentence. Use that keyword in your title.
2) Use that keyword in your first sentence of your description. We are finding a few sentences is sufficient. We don't need 300 words.
3) If you can get at least 2+ minutes of average watchtime from the user, the video will do good. We've been testing 3 minute videos and they are working great.

Here is an example of a YouTube video/channel that YouTube seems to love since they have long form conten (stringing 3+ mins of your dog doing multiple things could work, as long as you keep the viewer interested in watching).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBYvHHT8fdE

Hope this helps. We are constantly trying to figure things out to try and boost your videos the best we can.

The rumble battles app is running contrary to the type of content that YouTube seems to want. So I'll need to do more thinking around all this.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
Exactly. Even if the movie goes to Viral, it will be a maximum of 1 day on the Viral main page, you will get 2,000 views. Then the video hides every day and your 2000 views will not increase anymore.
This is simply NOT true.
There are many videos that get higher views. Some of mine have exceeded 5M. One of them went viral a year later and got 1M views per day for a short run. It has had at least 200,000 views per month for almost two years. Many of my videos go for long runs of 5-10,000 views per day. Most of my strong earners have gained traction months after upload.
Your experience on Rumble is very limited. There are several things that you aren't developing that the more successful content creators are.That's not meant as any form of criticism. I just don't want people to think that your experience with Rumble is what they can expect.

Last edited:

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
I'm in agreement that sometimes our videos do get buried, but let's remember that we ALL want a spot in the limelight for as long as possible. We complained that some videos didn't get uploaded to Rumble Viral YouTube. We were given an explanation that there simply wasn't an unlimited amount of uploads allowed, and that more uploads means the views are diluted. Now we are concerned about short exposure as the most recent upload.
I just don't see how we can have it all. Definitely good points raised, but how can we have it both ways?

cdngreenwaterdiver

After further investigation, I will add some new discoveries:

1) Title needs to have a keyword people search for a lot. You can check this by looking on Google when the search term automatically populates a sentence. Use that keyword in your title.
2) Use that keyword in your first sentence of your description. We are finding a few sentences is sufficient. We don't need 300 words.
3) If you can get at least 2+ minutes of average watchtime from the user, the video will do good. We've been testing 3 minute videos and they are working great.

Here is an example of a YouTube video/channel that YouTube seems to love since they have long form conten (stringing 3+ mins of your dog doing multiple things could work, as long as you keep the viewer interested in watching).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBYvHHT8fdE

Hope this helps. We are constantly trying to figure things out to try and boost your videos the best we can.

The rumble battles app is running contrary to the type of content that YouTube seems to want. So I'll need to do more thinking around all this.
Thanks for the tips. Myself I would never watch a 10 minute, or even a 3 plus minute video of a pet. That may just be me. Creating that 10 minute video would take some doing. Anyhow, let see what happens.
I am not quite sure what you mean in" a keyword self populates".

sloggervlogger

Unless you're doing a compilation of lots of funny clips, it would be very difficult to keep the viewer interested for that long and unlike that video, our video would have to be all our own creation. What might work if it isn't an animal video and a tutorial, a how-to instead? I can't count how many I watched over the years and definitely longer than 3 minutes. As those videos help you to achieve something, learn something, repair something...... .

brenmichelle

I'm in agreement that sometimes our videos do get buried, but let's remember that we ALL want a spot in the limelight for as long as possible. We complained that some videos didn't get uploaded to Rumble Viral YouTube. We were given an explanation that there simply wasn't an unlimited amount of uploads allowed, and that more uploads means the views are diluted. Now we are concerned about short exposure as the most recent upload.
I just don't see how we can have it all. Definitely good points raised, but how can we have it both ways?
I don’t think people were complaining, we were just discussing what works and what doesn’t. I have had vids do well after a while on the YouTube channel too, but for that to occur at a later date almost always happens because a third party is driving views to the site. Many times we don’t even know what the site is, but the YouTube numbers jump. Rumble’s channel did better before and they are trying to get it back to performing well. I think it’s doing a bit better already. The videos seem to need a bit more time in the top spots to gain good traction.

BenW

Trustworthy Member
If a video on Youtube Rumble Viral gets more time to be on top it will do better. Maybe too many videos are uploaded in a short time. My last video was uploaded yesterday to YouTube Rumble Viral,(21 hours ago, 438 views) but there are already 45 new videos uploaded after that one, so it didn't get the time to be in the spotlight at the start. Fortunately it does very well on my own Youtube channel.