Would you be interested in tipping creators directly?

Would you be interested in tipping creators directly?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

hysales

Short Answer:
-Add a "send tip amount" box next to the video and keep it simple.
-Better financial encouragement for quality and creativity vs. quantity and mass appeal.
-Good alternative to using mainstream billing companies.

Long Answer (@chrisrumble):
Rumble should have a prepaid tipping option that is independent of mainstream billing companies. Users simply set up a Rumble Wallet with bank EFT. They can tip other creators, and receive tips. For simplicity/esthetics, tips are donated in one dollar increments. To keep it safer from fraudsters, there would be settling times similar to a brokerage account. To reduce costs, withdrawals have minimums and are available monthly. Users could also forgo setting up EFT, and choose to use the tips they receive to tip others.

BrianEatsNH

I would welcome any and all ways for this to happen. Super chats, etc. in particular for my live streams (if/when they arrive at Rumble). As both someone who is a content creator and viewer/supporter of others, it's the simplest and best way in my opinion to show your appreciation. YouTube's insistence on slamming down smaller creators has driven me to start looking elsewhere. They put up requirements for you to be monetized (1k subscribers, 4,000 watch hours/year), which puts off many would be creators from even starting a channel.

For SMALL Creators, i see options like this as vitally important.

BrianEatsNH

Make it optional. No reason to stop other creators from accepting what others voluntarily give to them in appreciation. This screams of "if it's not good enough for me, it's not good enough for anyone." Tipping is one of many tools available to help someone decide if they're making good content or not. As a small content creator, it's easy to see why many don't even start. This kind of thinking is prevalent over in MeTube land. "I just need to get better" isn't always the scenario.

Take for instance a very niche channel, it opens up a revenue stream not previously available to them. This channel may be about a subject in which only 50 people may normally watch has 20 regular and passionate supporters. There won't be much in the way for ad revenue for that creator - why prevent them from earning it this way if those supporters want to keep that channel going and find extreme value in it?

More options is always better.

TIMZEMM

Make it optional. No reason to stop other creators from accepting what others voluntarily give to them in appreciation. This screams of "if it's not good enough for me, it's not good enough for anyone." Tipping is one of many tools available to help someone decide if they're making good content or not. As a small content creator, it's easy to see why many don't even start. This kind of thinking is prevalent over in MeTube land. "I just need to get better" isn't always the scenario.

Take for instance a very niche channel, it opens up a revenue stream not previously available to them. This channel may be about a subject in which only 50 people may normally watch has 20 regular and passionate supporters. There won't be much in the way for ad revenue for that creator - why prevent them from earning it this way if those supporters want to keep that channel going and find extreme value in it?

More options is always better.
I see your point, BrianEatsNH. You are right. I have a YT channel with no chance of going anywhere. That is exactly why I came to Rumble. Not that I'll do any better here. I only have a smart phone to work with and little experience with video editing. So my videos are poor in quality. I hope to get better over time, maybe some day buy a camera.

I'm not standing in anyone's way of getting tips. Nor would I want to. Since my opinion was offensive to you, I am removing it now. So much for free speech.

BrianEatsNH

Hey, if you're using a smart phone AND editing on that, you're already steps ahead of me. This actually goes towards my point, if you wanted to live stream, your only choice is via mobile - which YouTube won't allow until you've hit their 1k subs/4k watch hours per year threshold.

Your opinion wasn't offensive to me, and I certainly wasn't trying to stamp out your free speech. It was just a simple disagreement in philosophy, and I was giving you a counterpoint with an example.

donnabutler

That's a great idea...in ADDITION to monetization or donations creators already get. Do we need to enter paypal information in our accounts to donate or tip?