Would you be interested in tipping creators directly?

Would you be interested in tipping creators directly?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mario

Head of the Support Team
Staff member
Rumble is considering an option to allow users to tip creators directly,

We believe this could result in creators being less dependent on ad revenue and therefore can relax a bit more on the restrictions placed by the ad networks.

It's a feature we've been asked for a few times, but before we devote any development time to this, we want to make sure the community is on board.

We will also provide the creator with a list of all users that tipped unless they choose to stay anonymous.

1602262317373.png

travelleerx

Rumble is considering an option to allow users to tip creators directly,

We believe this could result in creators being less dependent on ad revenue and therefore can relax a bit more on the restrictions placed by the ad networks.

It's a feature we've been asked for a few times, but before we devote any development time to this, we want to make sure the community is on board.

We will also provide the creator with a list of all users that tipped unless they choose to stay anonymous.

View attachment 1246
it would be great but we will need full info on how this works

I think it would be an interesting feature. I’m not sure if it would increase revenue for most users or not, but as long as it was completely optional I don’t see a problem with it.

sloggervlogger

I'm with @BenW on this. I don't think it would work, but if people really do want this feature, allowing an easy PayPal Me link under the video or bio for tips would be the easiest. No need to set anything up especially. Like buy me a coffee , but with a PayPal me link. That's what I do on YouTube, it's easily done.

vavkirill

I'm with @BenW on this. I don't think it would work, but if people really do want this feature, allowing an easy PayPal Me link under the video or bio for tips would be the easiest. No need to set anything up especially. Like buy me a coffee , but with a PayPal me link. That's what I do on YouTube, it's easily done.
Or make a separate section of payments in your account

Brette

- - excuse the reference again, but I think a lot of users appreciate the "join" option on another 'platform'. I think it would be nice to provide different options for creators so they can continue to create for a living in whatever manner they feel would suit their viewers the best. I watch many "creative" people that have been there since the beginning - we're talking 'mp3' videos - they have so many subscribers and they are of no use to that place now. It's so wrong.

KerinGedge

I think it would be great if you make it available to everyone. I think YT have a donate button but it's only available to creators with more than 100K subs.. i also hate having to use things like patreon, so I say bring it on!

My Channel - Tune Basics

Rumblers United - Rumblers United | Facebook

Last edited:

sloggervlogger

I think it would be great if you make it available to everyone. I think YT have a donate button but it's only available to creators with more than 100K subs.. i also hate having to use things like patreon, so I say bring it on!
Regarding YouTube: The donate button is only for charities, you can make your own PayPal me link on your about page and call it "buy me a coffee". You can do that with no subs.

KerinGedge

Regarding YouTube: The donate button is only for charities, you can make your own PayPal me link on your about page and call it "buy me a coffee". You can do that with no subs.
Really? Has it always been that way? When I was trying to find out about donate buttons a while back it didn't say anything about charities. In any case I only had 40K subs then so I gave up. Now I'm on 70+ K and I don't believe anyone in my community over there would ever donate me anything. Most of them are teen agers with no money or perhaps millennials who want everything for free? Recently I set up a GoFundMe for my YT channel, made a video saying that I was hoping to raise money for a new computer. I naively thought that with my subscriber base it would be easy... the most I made was $50 and that was from my niece! :p

My Channel - Tune Basics

Last edited:

Lori1508

If I see a video I love enough to donate to ...that would be a video good enough for your company to go sell...You guys are the marketers get out there and market.

KerinGedge

If I see a video I love enough to donate to ...that would be a video good enough for your company to go sell...You guys are the marketers get out there and market.
I disagree.. there are only a finite number of marketeers coping with thousands of uploads a day most likely. As a creator I would welcome any chance to increase my revenue rather than wait for someone in an office to do it for me.

My Channel - Tune Basics

Last edited:

KenMcDougal

I think it's a Great idea as an optional way for creators to earn extra revenue if someone likes your video enough to donate to it. On YouTube, I believe they have a similar option called "Super Chat" where people can donate when I content creator goes into Livestream. Not sure if the logistics would be the same here but it's still something I would welcome.

KerinGedge

I think it's a Great idea as an optional way for creators to earn extra revenue if someone likes your video enough to donate to it. On YouTube, I believe they have a similar option called "Super Chat" where people can donate when I content creator goes into Livestream. Not sure if the logistics would be the same here but it's still something I would welcome.
Again I agree. I don't like Super Chat because not all creators want to live stream. Plus in my experience being in New Zealand, when I want to do a live stream most of my audience in the northern hemisphere are asleep! It would be nice if there were more options to donate to channels who aren't live streamers! You might like to try signing up to buymeacoffee.com, you can put a link to it in your description, gives people a way to donate to you. But having an in-house rumble donate button would be better!

My Channel - Tune Basics