Wondering why my latest upload never had a chance to "Rumble"

einsteinparrot

In today's battle half of the videos (25) are of one member. Great achievement. Never seen this before. :D
I noticed that too. Doesn't make sense. So they are taking videos that they haven't made (but they licensed because of the viral potential) and upload on Rumble? Seems they are competing against smaller creators.
Yes, that's what it appears they are doing. It doesn't make sense to me either.

chrisrumble

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

We've allowed AFV and Viralhog in the battle, but we are not allowing them to win the battle because its not the Video Management license. We needed to add more "diversified and viral" content, and they are both companies that have great content for new users downloading the app. We've had many users uninstall our app because we only seem to have dog/cat videos, so we wanted to change that and create more stickiness.

The winners column the next day has lots of filters, and one of them is the license chosen, which will prevent Viralhog and AFV from taking that prize amount.

Please note, since we have paid over $15,000 in prizes in April, we are seeing an enormous amount of fraud around copyrights and swiping. This is something we are focusing hard on preventing. Also note, we will have a zero tolerance policy around any fraud that we find. This is why your seeing "Rumbles" change, etc. Please remember, this App is still in a Beta phase, we may shut it down, we may not, but one thing is certain, its not perfect yet.

BenW

Trustworthy Member
Hi everyone,

We've allowed AFV and Viralhog in the battle, but we are not allowing them to win the battle because its not the Video Management license. We needed to add more "diversified and viral" content, and they are both companies that have great content for new users downloading the app. We've had many users uninstall our app because we only seem to have dog/cat videos, so we wanted to change that and create more stickiness.

The winners column the next day has lots of filters, and one of them is the license chosen, which will prevent Viralhog and AFV from taking that prize amount.

Please note, since we have paid over $15,000 in prizes in April, we are seeing an enormous amount of fraud around copyrights and swiping. This is something we are focusing hard on preventing. Also note, we will have a zero tolerance policy around any fraud that we find. This is why your seeing "Rumbles" change, etc. Please remember, this App is still in a Beta phase, we may shut it down, we may not, but one thing is certain, its not perfect yet.
Thanks Chris, good to know. It is a pity that there is an enourmous amount of fraud, because the idea behind this battle is great.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
I've been reading all the comments on these threads and I understand the frustrations and the questions raised. I recognize that the opinions here are all valid and the points are fair enough. I'll also add that I have enjoyed my fair share of success so if anyone wants to call me biased, I'll be happy to accept that, or to discuss it further.
Having said that, let's look at this Rumble Battles clearly for a moment.
The contest emerged out of the blue as a way to develop Rumble, the platform, and to attract a bigger audience. This is something that benefits us all and we know it's good for content creators to have more views. In fact, we talk all the time about getting more views.
But from the Battles, we also got a chance to win $5 to play. Easy money.
And soon after, we also got an award for winning the battle. More easy money. Bonus for us.
Then the battles prizes grew in size to $50 and they added even more prizes for top videos. I got really excited at that stage. Even $25 makes me very happy. And I've done harder work for $5 or $10.
Then they added more ticket winners and I simply can't believe they can throw hundreds of BONUS dollars at us like that each day.
I'm noticing Rumbles increasing, views increasing, earnings increasing and I can't help but think it's working well. I just hope it can continue.
AND I got a bunch of money that was on top of what I signed up for with each upload.
I watch the winners. And the non-winners. I try to learn what I can, because this is a very useful indication of audience preference and internet appetite. Rumble is gaining insight on all of this and we should be too. Don't miss the opportunity to adapt your approach to what the viewers want.
I'm not really sure I understand how we can have any expectations at all regarding our chances to win. This is not just about us as creators. And we were never promised anything.
Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. But isn't this free bonus money? A LOT of free bonus money...?

ray1876

I've been reading all the comments on these threads and I understand the frustrations and the questions raised. I recognize that the opinions here are all valid and the points are fair enough. I'll also add that I have enjoyed my fair share of success so if anyone wants to call me biased, I'll be happy to accept that, or to discuss it further.
Having said that, let's look at this Rumble Battles clearly for a moment.
The contest emerged out of the blue as a way to develop Rumble, the platform, and to attract a bigger audience. This is something that benefits us all and we know it's good for content creators to have more views. In fact, we talk all the time about getting more views.
But from the Battles, we also got a chance to win $5 to play. Easy money.
And soon after, we also got an award for winning the battle. More easy money. Bonus for us.
Then the battles prizes grew in size to $50 and they added even more prizes for top videos. I got really excited at that stage. Even $25 makes me very happy. And I've done harder work for $5 or $10.
Then they added more ticket winners and I simply can't believe they can throw hundreds of BONUS dollars at us like that each day.
I'm noticing Rumbles increasing, views increasing, earnings increasing and I can't help but think it's working well. I just hope it can continue.
AND I got a bunch of money that was on top of what I signed up for with each upload.
I watch the winners. And the non-winners. I try to learn what I can, because this is a very useful indication of audience preference and internet appetite. Rumble is gaining insight on all of this and we should be too. Don't miss the opportunity to adapt your approach to what the viewers want.
I'm not really sure I understand how we can have any expectations at all regarding our chances to win. This is not just about us as creators. And we were never promised anything.
Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this. But isn't this free bonus money? A LOT of free bonus money...?
It is a lot of free money. Got me and 5 of my family doing this and we all are winning some. Still the best deal around!

BLLRMD

I uploaded a video Friday evening. It was in pending status all weekend until this morning, Monday at 2:15 AM when I got an email advising it had entered into the "Rumbling" stage and will be participating in the Rumbling stage tomorrow. Later, at 7:41 AM Monday morning I got another email advising me that is had been approved for profit sharing. I'm wondering why did it not ever get a chance to Rumble? Is this some kind of a bug @Mario ? Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Glad I stumbled across this thread.. I too have had several uploaded videos not make it into the rumble battles. They were approved for limited distribution. Read all the threads by everyone so this was very helpful. Thank you.

cdngreenwaterdiver

Glad I stumbled across this thread.. I too have had several uploaded videos not make it into the rumble battles. They were approved for limited distribution. Read all the threads by everyone so this was very helpful. Thank you.
Apparently the editors choose which videos hit the battles each day.