Wondering why my latest upload never had a chance to "Rumble"

einsteinparrot

I uploaded a video Friday evening. It was in pending status all weekend until this morning, Monday at 2:15 AM when I got an email advising it had entered into the "Rumbling" stage and will be participating in the Rumbling stage tomorrow. Later, at 7:41 AM Monday morning I got another email advising me that is had been approved for profit sharing. I'm wondering why did it not ever get a chance to Rumble? Is this some kind of a bug @Mario ? Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
I uploaded a video Friday evening. It was in pending status all weekend until this morning, Monday at 2:15 AM when I got an email advising it had entered into the "Rumbling" stage and will be participating in the Rumbling stage tomorrow. Later, at 7:41 AM Monday morning I got another email advising me that is had been approved for profit sharing. I'm wondering why did it not ever get a chance to Rumble? Is this some kind of a bug @Mario ? Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Are you asking why didn't it go into the Battles app?

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Yes, it only rumbled for 5 1/2 hours today. I'm confused.
The rumbling stage is simple the time between upload and approval, that normally takes less than 3 days while we choose a distribution level. It just means that it's pending approval and it's not yet live with a distribution agreement in place.

The video appearing in the battles app is a different thing, the editors are the ones who pick which videos go in the battle app, those videos can go into battle while they're pending approval (rumbling) but there's no guarantee for any creator that their video will be selected to go into battle as it's not a promise made in the full distribution agreement, since the agreement hasn't taken place yet.

make sense?

einsteinparrot

OK, I understand. I thought "Rumbling" meant being in the battle. I still feel a little disconnected from the whole "Rumble battle" thing because I'm on IOS and unable to fully participate and see how it all works. Also, the email said it would be in the battle. Thanks for your quick reply.

einsteinparrot

Maybe the sentence in the email you send out should be re-worded: "This means your video has passed a layer of quality checks, and you'll also be participating in the Rumble Battle tomorrow." as I was expecting it to be in the battle tomorrow.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
I also find that some videos I upload are in the battle and some are not. There are days when I have a few Rumbling but I don't get a chance to battle. But I'm pretty sure there must be a lot more uploads than spots. Although I'm thrilled to get a chance, and even more thrilled to get a few dollars, this is a all a big bonus to me and I'm pretty sure they have to spread those positions around among a lot of people.
I also suspect that the Rumble battles are more complicated than we would understand so some of it is a mystery to us all. I'm just happy it's going on as long as it has. It's a lot of cash to be giving out.

einsteinparrot

I also find that some videos I upload are in the battle and some are not. There are days when I have a few Rumbling but I don't get a chance to battle. But I'm pretty sure there must be a lot more uploads than spots. Although I'm thrilled to get a chance, and even more thrilled to get a few dollars, this is a all a big bonus to me and I'm pretty sure they have to spread those positions around among a lot of people.
I also suspect that the Rumble battles are more complicated than we would understand so some of it is a mystery to us all. I'm just happy it's going on as long as it has. It's a lot of cash to be giving out.
Yes, @DavidMcNab just a little confusing (and disappointing) when I was told I'd be in the battle and then learned that I was not. There needs to be clearer communication. It is a nice bonus as you say!

chrisrumble

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone, iOS app is full development. In the android app it tells you when your video goes into the battle and when your video is in the battle.

Can someone give me a few examples of videos that did not get into the battle? I will look into it.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
Hi everyone, iOS app is full development. In the android app it tells you when your video goes into the battle and when your video is in the battle.

Can someone give me a few examples of videos that did not get into the battle? I will look into it.
This one was in the battle for a while then dropped out. But I have no issues or complaints at all. Just including it in case it's a bug that affects others.
Do I understand the app is available for iOS now?