Why am i a "creator" ?

I'd ask: "Why aren't you a creator?" It's not hard to do :)
I’d like to start creating, but don’t know where to start. I don’t know what equipment to use. Can you point me in the right direction? I’m getting the impression this app is for sharing videos rather than creating them... TIA!

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
The easiest way to start is to take your phone and record everything that is interesting. Then upload and share what you believe will be interesting to others.
The person who led you to Rumble, your "referrer" is always the best place to start in terms of coaching and help.
Welcome to Rumble and good luck :)

BenW

Trustworthy Member
This doesnt make sense to me. Any explanation will help.
Rumble was founded in the first place for (small) video creators to earn some money. Since a few weeks there are many new members that only want to watch (political) videos, so that has changed Rumble to a more viewer platform too. That is the reason why you are still called a 'creator', because there were only creators.

But as all of the previous speakers mentioned you are free to add some videos if you like, to become a creator.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
Ben makes an important point about the new members and the preferences of many in terms of video content. Those who want to profit here need to understand that the content that we sell must be our own content, our own creation, and it cannot be recorded from a television or computer screen. You need more than ownership of the "clip". You need to own the right to grant distribution license.
If you want to upload news or political content to spread a message or share opinions, that will work great. But if you want to make money at it, you will have to get behind your own camera and make your own content.
If it were possible, I would follow a certain political figure around all day and record everything he says and does. I know I would be rich. They just won't let me near enough with my little GoPro.
Nobody needs a press pass to record their pets though.

AdventurousLad

This doesnt make sense to me. Any explanation will help.
Apparently the opportunity of being a creator has nearly gone down the drain because of these political videos that are all over the place here on Rumble. Though if there's something you're passionate about, something that makes you happy to record, edit and share... it could be literally anything... just go for it. You've nothing to lose and you don't know what the viewers are into and someday it might turn into a big success, and that is what you need to start ''growing'' as a creator. At least that is what my thought process is. Dwelling on how bad Rumble has become only makes it worse. Have a positive mindset is all I'm trying to say... Cheers.

KerinGedge

I’d like to start creating, but don’t know where to start. I don’t know what equipment to use. Can you point me in the right direction? I’m getting the impression this app is for sharing videos rather than creating them... TIA!
It's for both! Here's how to start... think about your hobbies and interests, what sort of things are you enthusiastic about? Can you draw? Play an instrument? Can you sing or dance? Do you like gardening or cooking? Parenting? Education? Books? Movies?Anything at all! Make a topical video about what you're into, share your love for it, talk about it, answer questions about it! Make a tutorial for it! The sky is literally the limit!

KerinGedge

Apparently the opportunity of being a creator has nearly gone down the drain because of these political videos that are all over the place here on Rumble. Though if there's something you're passionate about, something that makes you happy to record, edit and share... it could be literally anything... just go for it. You've nothing to lose and you don't know what the viewers are into and someday it might turn into a big success, and that is what you need to start ''growing'' as a creator. At least that is what my thought process is. Dwelling on how bad Rumble has become only makes it worse. Have a positive mindset is all I'm trying to say... Cheers.
While I agree totally I believe that it's mostly seasonal. It's election year afterall. The more creators like us upload though, the better it will get! We really need to be plugging this site/app to our favourite content creators as well.

KerinGedge

In fact, here's everything I said before and more in a video :p
I originally made this for YouTube but I think the advice works across multiple platforms... I made it after I achieved my first million views https://rumble.com/vanlz7-how-i-got-my-first-million-views-on-youtube-part-one.html

My Channel - Tune Basics

Rumblers United - Rumblers United | Facebook

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
I'm not always a fan of the changes, and these ones have been big, but growth requires some risk, some adaptation, and some adjustment. I like your positive approach and thoughts!

Last edited:

phucpham

Your precious ideas, if you don't do anything, luck won't come, use your best ability and apply it step by step, step by step, maybe a good thing suddenly happens.