What would you like to see on Rumble?

chrisrumble

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly having to wait for video's to be "approved" portrays nothing more than censorship in disguise which simply makes the review process possibly corrupted by a reviewers personal opinion or idealisms. I have yet to use rumble for any videos I have made because of this. Just my opinion and although Rumble is growing it is going to struggle trying pull away youtubers because of the delay for "approval"
To be clear, videos DO NOT need to be approved. All videos are live as soon as you uploaded them. The approval is only for monetization (which we do not control, Advertiser's control if they want to put ads next to your video). If you want to skip the monetization, just select Personal Use when uploading and there will be no review at all. In all cases though, your video is live on Rumble without censorship, immediately.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
Many of the new users have a much different expectation and purpose behind their videos and also their discussions here. I'd love to see the forum somehow divided so that discussions regarding non-political videos can be kept separate from political discussions. It's a waste of their time for people with a political message to jump in on discussions on unrelated topics anyway. And it opens the door for debates and arguments that are distracting from the original thread posters.
This forum is now being avoided by many people. A divided forum might be better for all.

The rumble battles have also changed. While I don't want to complain about what I see as a gift from Rumble, I enjoyed it a lot more before the well established channels began to eclipse the leaderboard. I'm from Canada. I don't have the same interest in the politics of the USA. I can't vote so it does no good for anyone to convince me that their political views are correct. I'd say it's not even my business how my neighbours view their country or leadership. A leaderboard full of one country's political content isn't my personal preference.

The long-standing and loyal Rumble content creators simply don't have a chance to win the battles now. It's difficult to even find their videos through the leaderboard. I know that those you follow appear in front, but that isn't going to help us find those who create the content that interests us from new creators. I'm just one person but I look for parrots and puppies and scuba diving and I get my news from a source that provides a more local presentation which is more relevant for me.
Much of the Rumble audience and community is from outside USA. The changes have made Rumble less appealing to those from Canada and other countries simply because the American content is not as relevant to us. I think it's even less appealing to those from USA who prefer to avoid political arguments too.

The changes have been drastic and sudden. Growth is great, and welcoming new users with new ideas is commendable. But the changes have definitely not benefitted the old community, as far as I can see.
To be blunt, if the content that has been submitted by long-term members over the last few years is a valuable contribution to Rumble, I hope that things can be worked out. I've seen a noticeable drop in interest from the Rumble veterans. Many are concerned about the change in ability to earn money and many are concerned by the new aggression in the forum.

In a more private discussion, I'd say a whole lot more than this.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
As people are noticing, Rumble's CEO is on here interacting with us. The support staff does so regularly too.
One of the best parts of Rumble is how accessible and helpful the staff are. I've dropped in at their head office and I have always been welcomed and asked for input. No other platform would do any of this.
This alone speaks volumes.

TIMZEMM

Many of the new users have a much different expectation and purpose behind their videos and also their discussions here. I'd love to see the forum somehow divided so that discussions regarding non-political videos can be kept separate from political discussions. It's a waste of their time for people with a political message to jump in on discussions on unrelated topics anyway. And it opens the door for debates and arguments that are distracting from the original thread posters.
This forum is now being avoided by many people. A divided forum might be better for all.

The rumble battles have also changed. While I don't want to complain about what I see as a gift from Rumble, I enjoyed it a lot more before the well established channels began to eclipse the leaderboard. I'm from Canada. I don't have the same interest in the politics of the USA. I can't vote so it does no good for anyone to convince me that their political views are correct. I'd say it's not even my business how my neighbours view their country or leadership. A leaderboard full of one country's political content isn't my personal preference.

The long-standing and loyal Rumble content creators simply don't have a chance to win the battles now. It's difficult to even find their videos through the leaderboard. I know that those you follow appear in front, but that isn't going to help us find those who create the content that interests us from new creators. I'm just one person but I look for parrots and puppies and scuba diving and I get my news from a source that provides a more local presentation which is more relevant for me.
Much of the Rumble audience and community is from outside USA. The changes have made Rumble less appealing to those from Canada and other countries simply because the American content is not as relevant to us. I think it's even less appealing to those from USA who prefer to avoid political arguments too.

The changes have been drastic and sudden. Growth is great, and welcoming new users with new ideas is commendable. But the changes have definitely not benefitted the old community, as far as I can see.
To be blunt, if the content that has been submitted by long-term members over the last few years is a valuable contribution to Rumble, I hope that things can be worked out. I've seen a noticeable drop in interest from the Rumble veterans. Many are concerned about the change in ability to earn money and many are concerned by the new aggression in the forum.

I agree with your concerns. For your sake I hope this issue is considered. Sorry for the intrusion into what used to be a Canada only site. We, in America, are very excited to see a better platform to express our opinions without being blacklisted and we haven't been able to see fair coverage of what we are interested in. I don't really have political videos, mine are more about chickens and gardening. And I hope I can benefit from posting my own videos. I enjoy a good puppy video from time to time and have watched some here and on Roku. I do, however, love a good argument in the political realm.
Best wishes, my friend

chrisrumble

Administrator
Staff member

I hear you. There are easy fixes for what you are mentioning, but it will take some time to deploy. Let my try to address them 1 by 1.

1) The Battle: We are studying things closely, and will start creating a type of "group battles" where you get the content that you want. Also, depending on who you follow, you'll always get that content first, so political content will never show up unless you fully gone through your followers content (unless your following political content). The choice will be yours.

2) Growth: All this growth has no negative impact on your views/revenue of Rumble (outside the battle). In fact, the additional viewership should draw more viewers to your content on Rumble. All the revenue should keep flowing, and should increase since we are seeing some pretty large growth on all facets of the business.

3) Political discussion: We will be creating a new forum where political discussion can take place. We just haven't had the time to get to this yet.

All in all, we are here for everyone. We welcome everybody and I will do my best to strike the perfect balance.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
I hear you. There are easy fixes for what you are mentioning, but it will take some time to deploy. Let my try to address them 1 by 1.

1) The Battle: We are studying things closely, and will start creating a type of "group battles" where you get the content that you want. Also, depending on who you follow, you'll always get that content first, so political content will never show up unless you fully gone through your followers content (unless your following political content). The choice will be yours.

2) Growth: All this growth has no negative impact on your views/revenue of Rumble (outside the battle). In fact, the additional viewership should draw more viewers to your content on Rumble. All the revenue should keep flowing, and should increase since we are seeing some pretty large growth on all facets of the business.

3) Political discussion: We will be creating a new forum where political discussion can take place. We just haven't had the time to get to this yet.

All in all, we are here for everyone. We welcome everybody and I will do my best to strike the perfect balance.
Thank you.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
I agree with your concerns. For your sake I hope this issue is considered. Sorry for the intrusion into what used to be a Canada only site. We, in America, are very excited to see a better platform to express our opinions without being blacklisted and we haven't been able to see fair coverage of what we are interested in. I don't really have political videos, mine are more about chickens and gardening. And I hope I can benefit from posting my own videos. I enjoy a good puppy video from time to time and have watched some here and on Roku. I do, however, love a good argument in the political realm.
Best wishes, my friend
Thanks. I like chicken videos just as well too ;)
I'll admit to not having interest in political videos. All others are good, in my books.
It's a big sandbox and I welcome the content of everyone. :)

TIMZEMM

Looking forward to seeing how you are able to work through all of this. I feel for some who are concerned by this explosion growth. I would never want to step on people to get my own way, so if they are concerned, so am I.

TIMZEMM

To be clear, videos DO NOT need to be approved. All videos are live as soon as you uploaded them. The approval is only for monetization (which we do not control, Advertiser's control if they want to put ads next to your video). If you want to skip the monetization, just select Personal Use when uploading and there will be no review at all. In all cases though, your video is live on Rumble without censorship, immediately.
Oh. Sorry chrisrumble....I gave out false info....I thought it had to do with policies. Will keep my trap shut.

PaulRimmer

Hear Hear ! : best read on here for 3 weeks. Thank you. I'm a very new member compared to many of you, but loved ( and I don't use that word lightly) the Rumble & folk I discovered back in early June. I'm excited for growth for Rumble, accept change & understand how ' Synergies ' are mutually beneficial for the long term picture.. but this isn't change ..it's like an Invasaion making the whole experience almost Alien. I admit to having a few winges on here a few weeks back, but I was closely following the advice & wisdom from many on here who now seem to either ignore me or have disappeared completely? ..Being from the UK, following the ' Don't give up ' wisdom and advice from who I saw as the ' forefathers ' of Rumble , I've carried on uploading, developing and changing ideas... but feel I'm now just an amoeba out of the small pond I started in !, almost wasting my time... 400 plus in the leaderboard, but actual ' views ' now non existing compared to 3 weeks ago as I imagine many folk have given up swiping ( unless you love the USA political hype occupying over 60% of it ?) which is not relevant or of interest to me or I imagine many others on the global stage loyal to rumble & it's community. SO, I wear my heart on my sleeve and remained silent on here until I read David's post which I apologise for hijacking... On balance, please please separate all this News / Bongino / Trump stuff which of course has its relevance into its ' Own ' section, or, I hope people may realise that there may not be a chair left to sit on when the music stops .. I applaud the intelligence & integrity of David's response here & sincerely hope further changes are made to a platform i wish to grow, learn & develop with.

TIMZEMM

Hear Hear ! : best read on here for 3 weeks. Thank you. I'm a very new member compared to many of you, but loved ( and I don't use that word lightly) the Rumble & folk I discovered back in early June. I'm excited for growth for Rumble, accept change & understand how ' Synergies ' are mutually beneficial for the long term picture.. but this isn't change ..it's like an Invasaion making the whole experience almost Alien. I admit to having a few winges on here a few weeks back, but I was closely following the advice & wisdom from many on here who now seem to either ignore me or have disappeared completely? ..Being from the UK, following the ' Don't give up ' wisdom and advice from who I saw as the ' forefathers ' of Rumble , I've carried on uploading, developing and changing ideas... but feel I'm now just an amoeba out of the small pond I started in !, almost wasting my time... 400 plus in the leaderboard, but actual ' views ' now non existing compared to 3 weeks ago as I imagine many folk have given up swiping ( unless you love the USA political hype occupying over 60% of it ?) which is not relevant or of interest to me or I imagine many others on the global stage loyal to rumble & it's community. SO, I wear my heart on my sleeve and remained silent on here until I read David's post which I apologise for hijacking... On balance, please please separate all this News / Bongino / Trump stuff which of course has its relevance into its ' Own ' section, or, I hope people may realise that there may not be a chair left to sit on when the music stops .. I applaud the intelligence & integrity of David's response here & sincerely hope further changes are made to a platform i wish to grow, learn & develop with.
WOW :confused:
I feel the hostility from those who have been here a long time. I don't really feel at home anywhere now. I thought moving from YouTube and Twitter to Rumble might be a good thing. Boy, am I ever mistaken. To me, it's like not having a country. We are not welcomed. I try to understand feelings and had hoped for everyone to feel secure during this transformation within Rumble. How very sad and discouraged I feel today.

TIMZEMM

I feel the hostility from those who have been here a long time. I don't really feel at home anywhere now. I thought moving from YouTube and Twitter to Rumble might be a good thing. Boy, am I ever mistaken. To me, it's like not having a country. We are not welcomed. I try to understand feelings and had hoped for everyone to feel secure during this transformation within Rumble. How very sad and discouraged I feel today.
Does there now need to be a segregated USA/CANADA Rumble? I hope not.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
Thanks Paul. I am one of the ones who also loves Rumble and all that it has given me. I think it's great that we have new members and new passions. The word "invasion" is a good one though. I'd like to see all the good parts of Rumble remain. That's where I think it will be helpful if the two (or more) types of members can find their threads and streams here.
I'm confident that a solution will be found. I would just hate to see those who have important input remain too shy to give it. I'm glad you weighed in.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
I think you're just hearing the voices of people who have been insulted and yelled at in the last few weeks.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
Does there now need to be a segregated USA/CANADA Rumble? I hope not.
This isn't about nationality, despite the repeated attempts by a few new members to make it that way.
It's about the type of content that appeals, the tolerance level, the aggression level, and the demanding nature of a few very vocal people in the forum.
If you're sensing hostility, I don't agree that it's coming from the older members. We have never had an issue until a few weeks ago. This is very new to all of us. We welcome you and anybody else.
And to be very clear, Canadians are just a small part of the community here. It's a world-welcoming platform with members from around the globe. I mention the Canadian perspective simply to illustrate one point; the USA politics are something that doesn't affect us north of the border or across the sea. To see it suddenly cover the first 50-100 positions on the leaderboard, excluding everything else, causes an understandable concern for many.