What is the Deal with Rumble?

winkeldinkel

When you look at most peoples profiles on here you are not seeing all the views for each video. The only views displayed on this site are the ones from the Rumble website. For some reason, the YouTube views are not displayed to the public, but you will see them inside your own account. This can create the impression to someone looking at your page that you have just a handful of views. Also, the views are often delayed.

BenW

Wow is that legit? I'm surprised to see you're making money off videos that only have a few views.
With YouTube you need hundreds of thousands of views to make very little.
Is that really how it is here? You make 5 bucks here and there off videos with like 30 views?
rumble earnings.png

I show you two days of my earnings. The first one is 26 July 2019 I earned $ 5.30 and the second 27 June 2019 I earned only $ 0.69 with a lot more views and plays. It depends on the advertisement on the video and if people click on the adds. So it can change a lot. These are only Rumble views, not YouTube views, but you can see them as well in your stats and analytic page.

Hi Tactimes,

This is the link to our terms, https://rumble.com/s/terms These can be found at the bottom of every page in our site.

As the legal terms and conditions of our site, they're as clear as they can be.

And this is the KB, which answers most questions every new user has: https://rumblefaq.groovehq.com/help

And to answer your specific questions about exclusivity, yes. You need to give exclusive rights to Rumble so we are free to promote your content as widely as possible. If you can do that on your own, then you don't need to provide us or any other platform with the exclusive. If you can't, like most users of video platforms, you can make use of Rumble extensive network of partners to have your content distributed. The only way we can make this work is by assuming full control of the content via the exclusive license.

If we believe your content will do well, we'll accept it. Otherwise we may reject it, even if you've submitted it to us for exclusive management. We don't just take all content, we still believe the users should get the rights to their content back if we don't believe we can generate earnings from it. So you're not blindingly signing over your rights.

You can always do a non exclusive license, but at that point any promotion outside of Rumble would fall onto to you.
Thanks for the answers. Things are starting to get cleared up here. Is there any limit to video length? For instance, I have a video on youtube that has 30k views but it's 20 min long. Is there a way I can transfer that to Rumble and offer exclusive rights licensing? Supposing it got accepted, would I have to remove it from my youtube channel and lose all the views? Here's the video in question:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL--URt2mAA

BenW

Thanks for the answers. Things are starting to get cleared up here. Is there any limit to video length? For instance, I have a video on youtube that has 30k views but it's 20 min long. Is there a way I can transfer that to Rumble and offer exclusive rights licensing? Supposing it got accepted, would I have to remove it from my youtube channel and lose all the views? Here's the video in question:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL--URt2mAA
No you don't have to remove the video from YouTube and lose all the views. Rumble will claim it and will monotize it from that moment, so you can earn money through Rumble with your own YouTube channel as well. I don't know if there is any limit to video lenght, but somebody else can probably answer that question.

I didnt see an answer to the question of, if your video is of you singing a song you wrote.... is that song itself Rumbles exclusive material OR are you free to use that song anywhere and with anyone you like to make money?

BenW

I didnt see an answer to the question of, if your video is of you singing a song you wrote.... is that song itself Rumbles exclusive material OR are you free to use that song anywhere and with anyone you like to make money?
You mean this question of TacTimes?
So what if you upload yourself dancing to a song on the radio? Something like that won't work will it? I suspect you can't have copyrighted music in the background of your video, right?
My answer was:
No that is not allowed. as you say you can't have copyrighted music in the background.

Oh okay, I did see that answer. But I thought they also asked what if its your own song? If it is in a Rumble exclusive video of yours, can you also use that song in other videos that you make and put them on other platforms and not with Rumble

Oh okay, I did see that answer. But I thought they also asked what if its your own song? If it is in a Rumble exclusive video of yours, can you also use that song in other videos that you make and put them on other platforms and not with Rumble
I believe if it is your own song then there is nothing to track the audio as copyrighted songs have. You should be able to use your own original audio on multiple videos

View attachment 646

I show you two days of my earnings. The first one is 26 July 2019 I earned $ 5.30 and the second 27 June 2019 I earned only $ 0.69 with a lot more views and plays. It depends on the advertisement on the video and if people click on the adds. So it can change a lot. These are only Rumble views, not YouTube views, but you can see them as well in your stats and analytic page.
I have many days , and most with less than a dollar earned. For instance I cashed out far less than $100 for July. Not all of us here make over $1k per month with Rumble.

BenW

I believe if it is your own song then there is nothing to track the audio as copyrighted songs have. You should be able to use your own original audio on multiple videos
I'm not sure if you made your own song and used it on a Rumble video and use it somewhere else also to earn money if that is possible, because you sold it first to Rumble (video and audio) So I doubt that.

I've been speaking with TacTimes about how to grow his channel. He's now been provided with lots of tips and information to answer questions. I think YouTube experiences leave people with difficulty trusting, or in some cases, with different expectations.
Rumble may not work for everyone who tries, but there is no reason for it to work great for some and not well for others.
The trick is learning about the different means of marketing, different audience, and different opportunities than you willl find on YouTube.
I know I wasn't making enough to buy lunch once a month. Rumble has paid me hundreds of times the revenue that YouTube was.