Views vs Plays

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
A View may be counted when your video appears on the page of a website outside of Rumble, but unless the user clicks on your video to play it, the monetized ad doesn't play either.(The user has not engaged the video, and has not watched the ad associated with it.)

A Click or Play is what we want; this means the user has watched the video and the associated ads. This translates into revenue if the video play has been monetized.

A View may be counted when your video appears on the page of a website outside of Rumble, but unless the user clicks on your video to play it, the monetized ad doesn't play either.(The user has not engaged the video, and has not watched the ad associated with it.)

A Click or Play is what we want; this means the user has watched the video and the associated ads. This translates into revenue if the video play has been monetized.
So then "views" are the same thing as embeds?

Not exactly, your video can be embedded on a thousand pages but if no one visits those pages then it has zero impact.

A view is when a page has been visited and your video is embedded on that page.

A play is when the video is actually watched/played.
Thanks so much for the clarification!

THIS IS WHY I'M CONFUSED on Plays Views when you get a play credit etc. It just doesn't seem very transparent. See the Data below from my channel: (These are You Tube views from one Video)
2018-11-19 936375 $0.00 $0.00
2018-11-18 469358 $0.00 $0.00
2018-11-17 91078 $0.03 $3.08
2018-11-16 46241 $0.05 $2.17

Normally on the dates with these high numbers the break down will show the actual views usually like 2 to 3 thousand but every month this happens

When I go to my You Tube views on the 19th of Nov it shows 1546 views (I know views don't equal plays etc) But why isn't it broken down to show the 1546 views instead of this massive number and same for the other days. The views are between 1k and 3K on you tube but Rumble shows a massive number and no ecpm or monetize information.

On the 17th it shows 2340 views on you tube but on rumble this BIG number of 91078 WHICH I get its a TOTAL views from somewhere BUT why isn't it consistent. Inconsistency makes things seem inaccurate and unreliable

THIS is why I'm confused on how this works, it just looks fishy to me.