Views and No Money help

DavidMcNab

The hardest part is waiting to see the earnings and being able to access those earnings. But after several months, if you upload consistently, the earnings just keep coming. Many people get confused or discouraged and stop uploading.
Watch the top earners, editor picks, and the videos from frequent forum contributors. Look at their content and ALSO read the descriptions. You'll soon learn what makes a video more marketable for Rumble. Good luck!

Ambot

Are there any hopes for non viral videos here? An example of these video would be videos about lists and news. Is it also possible for creators with less than 10k views to earn here?

Last edited:

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Are there any hopes for non viral videos here? An example of these video would be videos about lists and news. Is it also possible for creators with less than 10k views to earn here?
You will earn on every view, but the thing is that views pay very little on their own, you need as many as possible obviously to make the most money.

For content that's not quite viral but not quite unusable, you can always upload as Rumble Only, this means we don't have to try to figure out external distribution which makes approval easier because it's only for Rumble.com.

DavidMcNab

Anyone who is hoping for a viral video should ask what that means to them. It's a term that is used a lot. Everybody wants a video so successful that they never have to work another day in their lives. I am included in that group of dreamers. There are millions of videos being uploaded around the world every hour. The odds of a viral hit are low.
BUT...earning money is still a certainty with most videos. The odds of making money are very high.
No matter how viral, a video's earnings are calculated by VIEWS x ECPM (cost per thousand views) = REVENUE
V x ECPM = $
Every single video earns by this formula. And the ECPM varies. It's beyond our control and it seems pretty random. It can even change on a video over time, going up or down. I think it has to do with desirability for advertisers, but there are many factors.
So your videos will earn anywhere from $.05 to $2 per thousand views. Rumble views are generally $1-2 per thousand. (based on my channel and experience with my 950 videos) YouTube views seem to average about half that for me.
When I see a video getting views, I hope for $1 per thousand.
Getting back to your question: If you upload one or two videos and wait, I predict you will be disappointed.
If you upload steadily, you will earn money steadily. I upload about 15-25 videos per month and the income has never stopped. Now, with a big channel, if I stop uploading, the earnings would slow down but I'd probably earn several hundred dollars each month just from views on old videos. I just had one that has had almost 1M views again in the past few weeks. It's an old video that gets momentum a few times a year.
Some of my bigger successes have been a year old or more. I almost always have at least one old video that is performing well.
Don't forget about the third party earnings that suddenly appear at 8 months - 12 months. Or the occasional contract deal that can come out of the blue. Or the sudden popularity on Rumble Viral YouTube that can come any time.
I don't care a lot if I have a viral hit that gets 1M views or 10 that get 100k. The earnings are about the same. Out of 950, I've had about 10 go over 1M, but dozens that made me enough to get excited. And hundreds that made enough to make it worth it.
Try for quality content and try to learn what helps Rumble market your videos.
And never stop creating content and uploading! The internet is forever and a big channel will eventually become decent passive income.

Last edited:

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
No matter how viral, a video's earnings are calculated by VIEWS x ECPM (cost per thousand views) = REVENUE V x ECPM = $
Every single video earns by this formula. And the ECPM varies. It's beyond our control and it seems pretty random. It can even change on a video over time, going up or down. I think it has to do with desirability for advertisers, but there are many factors.
What's also just as important is WHO is viewing your video, someone watching in rural China or India is definitely not going to generate as high CPM as someone watching in the US or Canada, Advertisers know who is buying their product and will not spend generously to promote to people who can't or won't buy their product.

Advertising is not 100% exact. But it tries very hard to be targeted so it doesn't become a wasted effort.

DavidMcNab

What's also just as important is WHO is viewing your video, someone watching in rural China or India is definitely not going to generate as high CPM as someone watching in the US or Canada, Advertisers know who is buying their product and will not spend generously to promote to people who can't or won't buy their product.

Advertising is not 100% exact. But it tries very hard to be targeted so it doesn't become a wasted effort.
Excellent info. I had no idea about the ECPM being affected by location but that makes sense. It's obviously an extremely complex business.
For those who are trying to understand all of this as it applies to a handful of videos, I'm sure it's more unpredictable. But for those who have hundreds of videos on their channel, I suspect averages will be more consistent.
One thing I do know is that uploading regularly makes money regularly. And uploading on YouTube alone just doesn't compare to uploading here.

Ekysanti23

This is an interesting discussion. Recently I go to my earning page and see these figures:

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 1.44.26 PM.png

From my point of view, Estimated Earnings are the payment I will receive from my videos on rumble. But what will happen with the eCPM? Are those only statistical figures, or it is also an earning in the future?

Thanks

jackiejohnny666

I have some questions about the stats. Do we also earn money when Rumble upload our videos in Rumble Viral youtube channel? If Yes why i can't see the youtube stats neither the cpm.Screenshot_10.png

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
This is an interesting discussion. Recently I go to my earning page and see these figures:

View attachment 751

From my point of view, Estimated Earnings are the payment I will receive from my videos on rumble. But what will happen with the eCPM? Are those only statistical figures, or it is also an earning in the future?

Thanks
CPM is the average earnings you receive per every 1000 views, that's all that means. It changes as you get more views.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
I have some questions about the stats. Do we also earn money when Rumble upload our videos in Rumble Viral youtube channel? If Yes why i can't see the youtube stats neither the cpm.View attachment 753
If your video gets full distribution then yes, it will be submitted to our YouTube channels. You get 90% of the YT earnings, and you can filter those views in your dashboard. If you see no views then it either hasn't been claimed yet or it wasn't chosen to go in our YT channels.

You will receive an email indicating if your video has been given full distribution.

jackiejohnny666

If your video gets full distribution then yes, it will be submitted to our YouTube channels. You get 90% of the YT earnings, and you can filter those views in your dashboard. If you see no views then it either hasn't been claimed yet or it wasn't chosen to go in our YT channels.

You will receive an email indicating if your video has been given full distribution.
Well i see my video in Rumble Viral but for some reason i don't see the views in my stats Screenshot_1.png

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
This just means the video has been claimed but hasn't reported yet, this is an automatic process. Give it a few days.