Videos will millions of views.

youorig

If I upload a video I pay royalties to the musician for but filmed it myself and I decide to change to a different company or go back to YouTube ads in future is that possible? or am I stuck? do you have noticed? 30 days to leave?

BenW

If I upload a video I pay royalties to the musician for but filmed it myself and I decide to change to a different company or go back to YouTube ads in future is that possible? or am I stuck? do you have noticed? 30 days to leave?
If you accepted limited distribution or full distribution then rumble will monetize your videos on different platforms. You can't change (sell) to a different company anymore and there is no 30 days to leave or something. But you are allowed to upload your video also on YouTube, only Rumble will claim it. Rumble will get 10% of your YouTube earning and you will get 90%. Here are the term and conditions: https://rumble.com/s/terms

youorig

If you accepted limited distribution or full distribution then rumble will monetize your videos on different platforms. You can't change (sell) to a different company anymore and there is no 30 days to leave or something. But you are allowed to upload your video also on YouTube, only Rumble will claim it. Rumble will get 10% of your YouTube earning and you will get 90%.
So you're tied in for life you can't get the content I'd removed from YouTube.
That is a pretty serious contract.

BenW

You don't have to remove content from YouTube. It is your channel, so you can do what you like. The only thing is that Rumble can claim your video on YouTube if you accepted limited or full distribution on Rumble.

youorig

The content ID not the content. I am saying if you want to go back to YouTube partnership and have control back in the future is this possible. But what you are saying is this is for life contact.

ray1876

That is really heavy though... if I could leave with notice I would be uploading many videos with millions of views on YouTube right now.
You can still upload other videos to Youtube and maintain ownership (and make money if your channel is monetized. Or sell the videos to someone else). It is just the videos that you have licenced to Rumble that will give them distribution rights forever.

youorig

OK let me make this clear. I have a video with 8 million views on YouTube if I upload it here and get rumble to content ID it. Then in the future decide to take my video back to the YouTube partnership is that possible? or will the video I got Rumble to claim on YouTube be with rumble for the rest of my life. I am fully aware of the rules on the Rumble site it is those that are claimed in the content ID system I am worried about. I pay royalties and can't have a tied down contract for life.

Last edited:

winkeldinkel

Once you license with rumble they own distribution rights indefinitely. Also the 8 million views that you accrued prior to licensing here don't count on this platform. You only start to make money from the point your contract starts here. What royalties are you currently paying and to whom?

youorig

Well, I have already been paid for the 8 million that is just silly.

They own distribution rights ok but what about the original video content ID on Youtube will they claim it is it for life or can I leave and have my ads back on the original video? anyone please for the love I can't even get this out of support. Support does not even answer their emails all I get is people who think I am, trying cash in on views I have already been paid for. But in theory, you're wrong because when the video hit rumble put 8 million views in the view counter. So they do count on this site hehe./ Just not as payable views.

BenW

They own distribution rights ok but what about the original video content ID on Youtube will they claim it is it for life or can I leave and have my ads back on the original video? anyone please for the love I can't even get this out of support. Support does not even answer their emails all I get is people who think I am, trying cash in on views I have already been paid for. But in theory, you're wrong because when the video hit rumble put 8 million views in the view counter. So they do count on this site hehe./ Just not as payable views.
Yes you are right. They do count, but not as payable views. I don't understand the first part of your question totally, but maybe @Mario can give you an answer.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member

If you license the video exclusively to Rumble, which would include management on YouTube; then this video's distribution rights perpetually and irrevocably. You would no longer be in charge of the ads on the video.

I'm not sure if I understand all your questions correctly, but it looks like you do understand that past views can't be retroactively monetized. We just report them so you can see all your views in Rumble, even old YT views.

jaydog78

LOL what part about "The above licenses granted by you are perpetual and irrevocable." isn't understood lol. I get why hes asking however, I regret putting my most popular video from youtube here. Mainly because the turn around between receiving funds is like 2 months behind, I'm also not comfortable with transparency. Just seems like understanding how rumble views and view counts work is difficult and there's no real break down.

AshleyHuntley

They only claim the videos you signed a contract for. I have a YouTube channel and I post videos regularly but I only upload selectively for rumble to monetize and manage for me. I’ve made lots from being partnered with them. Serious but worth it.