Video Sold to NHK, Japan TV (update on earnings)

DavidMcNab

I had been asking a while back if anyone had experience with NHK in Japan. As we all know, Rumble will occasionally license our videos to third party platforms for television or commercial purposes and the revenue is a bit of a mystery. With about 850 uploads, I've seen this on my videos about half a dozen times. While it's not an everyday occurrence, the benefits can be really good.
I just received $270 for a video about a sea lion. It wasn't a video that had performed well so this was a surprise.
NHK is the exclusive national TV station for Japan. They were great to deal with. They were accomodating about time, coming in on their night shift to connect via Skype and extremely friendly. It took about half an hour for the interview. I sent a few pictures at their request as well, but there wasn't a lot of time or effort required. I haven't seen the show yet.
If you receive a request from Rumble for a video licensing opportunity like this, I suggest taking it. It was lucrative enough this time and past opportunities were even more so. I also found that one of these deals resulted in a second version of my video being required. Luckily for me, that version also went well and made me extra money on views beyond the payout from the TV show.
You can't lose.
Thanks Rumble!!

sloggervlogger

Congrats to you then! I assume that they paid more and my share was the portion that amounted to $270. All good with me. :)
Thanks Slogger
You should of got more for the interview alone! I never do those, I always decline. :) . My first ever sell was a Japanese deal, after that you're hooked and you want more, but they don't come along too often unfortunately. Like you said, you can't loose and you have to be in it to win it. It's nice when you get a big one and it shows you that anything can happen, you just have to keep going!

DavidMcNab

You don't get an idea up front what they pay, but I've had one comnmercial deal come in at several thousand per clip and they used two.
RighThisMinute.com only paid $108 but the views made me another $1,000.
So I'll never say no.
I made about $270 per hour for this one so why not? lol

DavidMcNab

That is fantastic Dave! If you look at Stats and Analytics and choose Rumble by referral, it's amazing how many websites the rumble videos appear on and it's worldwide....so we get a lot of exposure.
Thank you. Yes, it seems that the promotion with Rumble is hard to beat. I know we all want every video to go viral, but I believe that each one gets a good chance here. It's up to the content and the internet to do the rest.

winkeldinkel

It's so hard to predict what will work and what will fail. Strange little things can affect the views you get, for instance you could have the best engaging video there is, but if you have a crappy thumbnail video or a title that might not spark interest, you wont get all those needed eyeballs on your video...So many factors can influence the success of a video.

WeddingDances

I had been asking a while back if anyone had experience with NHK in Japan. As we all know, Rumble will occasionally license our videos to third party platforms for television or commercial purposes and the revenue is a bit of a mystery. With about 850 uploads, I've seen this on my videos about half a dozen times. While it's not an everyday occurrence, the benefits can be really good.
I just received $270 for a video about a sea lion. It wasn't a video that had performed well so this was a surprise.
NHK is the exclusive national TV station for Japan. They were great to deal with. They were accomodating about time, coming in on their night shift to connect via Skype and extremely friendly. It took about half an hour for the interview. I sent a few pictures at their request as well, but there wasn't a lot of time or effort required. I haven't seen the show yet.
If you receive a request from Rumble for a video licensing opportunity like this, I suggest taking it. It was lucrative enough this time and past opportunities were even more so. I also found that one of these deals resulted in a second version of my video being required. Luckily for me, that version also went well and made me extra money on views beyond the payout from the TV show.
You can't lose.
Thanks Rumble!!
this looks cool

PubgMasterGame

You can't lose.
Thanks Rumble!!
congratulation @DavidMcNab :D:D:D

abdo5171

You can't lose.
Thanks Rumble!!
Congratulations!

travelleerx

You can't lose.
Thanks Rumble!!
congratulations