Using your YouTube Channel to earn money through Rumble

DavidMcNab

As we have all heard, YouTube's policy change last year meant that you need 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours in 12 months to have a monetized channel. And some of us actually had this affect our own channels. The application process also drags on for about two months once you qualify too.
Uploading a video to Rumble AND granting exclusive licence will allow Rumble to claim your video on YouTube and it means you start earning money on your YouTube uploads as soon as they are claimed, even without qualifying for a monetized YouTube channel. (Mario was kind enough to confirm this.)
I don't have 1,000 YT subs yet so I'm not monetized, but I do have a few videos performing well.
***That revenue would have been lost if I had not granted exclusive licence on them.***
Uploading your Rumble videos on your YouTube channel as well means there is one more version of your video out there and it's a greater potential for views. It's an exception for one of my videos to perform better on my YouTube channel than on the Rumble Viral YouTube channel, but it has happened.
Obviously this is one more reason for someone to join Rumble in the first place. It's also a good reason for us to make sure that our uploads are claimed properly . Because my internet service provider is very poor (I just cannot get faster internet where I live), I'm slower to get my videos on my YouTube channel. I can't include the YouTube URL at the time of Rumble upload because there isn't one yet. I haven't been getting the same notifications that I used to that tell me Rumble has claimed my videos though.

One point of this post is to suggest that we probably want to check on this promptly if our own copy of a video starts to get significant views on our own channel.
The other point is to ask Mario if we should be submitting the links of uploads to YouTube if we add those after the Rumble uploads?
@Mario

Before that rule about needing a 1000 subscribers on YouTube came into effect this year, most of us had ads running on the videos claimed by rumble. (in our own accounts) Once that rule was in place, I no longer saw ads running. I don't really care about getting subscribers in my personal YouTube account because the rate we get via Rumbles Viral YouTube account is still better than what you could earn all by yourself. The split on YouTube for all content creators is 45/55 and we get a lot more than that via Rumbles YouTube account and a higher ECPM as well.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Before that rule about needing a 1000 subscribers on YouTube came into effect this year, most of us had ads running on the videos claimed by rumble. (in our own accounts) Once that rule was in place, I no longer saw ads running. I don't really care about getting subscribers in my personal YouTube account because the rate we get via Rumbles Viral YouTube account is still better than what you could earn all by yourself. The split on YouTube for all content creators is 45/55 and we get a lot more than that via Rumbles YouTube account and a higher ECPM as well.
I just want to add for new users.

If your video is managed by us on YouTube you receive 90% of all ad revenue and your video is added to our channels, which means up to 1 million subscribers.

On Rumble and third party you receive 60% of all revenue, but a much higher CPM in average than YouTube alone.

Making the Switch just makes sense.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Mario, is it wise for us to check our YouTube uploads or submit URLs for Rumble to claim?
I know it seemed pretty automatic for a while but I don't know if that's still the case.
When you submit a video to Rumble under the exclusive license that includes YouTube, you are prompted to add the YouTube URL if the video has already been submitted by you on their site.

If no URL is added, YouTube's content ID will automatically give us the rights to the video via a copyright claim. This process is automatically done once we upload the video to any of our channels, the caveat is that it's entirely dependent on YouTube, so it does take much longer than when we claim it via URL when you tell our system during the upload stage.

If you see any of our channels upload you content, you can assume YouTube will automatically send you a copyright claim. When that doesn't happen (unlikely, but possible) is because Content ID on YouTube's side has failed to find your content. In this case we are unaware the video exists outside of our channel because 1) an URL was not provided to Rumble, 2) YouTube failed to find a copy and notify us.

The best way to upload content is to use Auto-syndication, so our system knows exactly what URL your video is using because we are creating it at the same time of the upload.

the second best way, is to provide us the URL for YouTube during the Rumble upload, if the video already exists on YouTube of course.

the 3rd way, is to allow YT's content ID to find the video and assign it to Rumble YouTube's channels via copyright claim.

All these options are only triggered if your video is submitted to our YT channels. Some videos aren't therefore get no copyright claim, but you may still use auto-syndication to upload to YT via Rumble and monetization rules will depend on your channel settings, provided we have not claimed the video and it only exists on your channel.

If a Rumble video has been submitted to YouTube, but it hasn't been claimed in over a week, send the Rumble URL and your YT channels URL to support@rumble.com and we'll make a manual claim.