Do you think rumble has 'had it's day'

• yes

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • no

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • don't know

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
I thought with limited distribution or full they send copyright on my own channel as my yt still not monetized by yt itself
Here's the thing that everyone is confused about...repeatedly and rightfully so. Ads are not running on non-monetized channels although rumble says they are the way to monetize channels that arent able to monetize by themselves.

I've Never had a single ad ever run on any of my videos that have been approved for both limited and distribution. I was uploading like 3 videos a day when I started rumble and I was accepting limited on those that didnt get approved for full distribution.

I don't know what the problem with ads not running is. I just know it needs to get fixed. When i start to see ads on my vids I will start uploading to here again and I'm definately looking forward to that, if it happens. Idk I'm pretty disappointed in the whole thing...and I can't be excited about future changes when the basic concept for me joining Rumble isn't working😕

Here's the thing that everyone is confused about...repeatedly and rightfully so. Ads are not running on non-monetized channels although rumble says they are the way to monetize channels that arent able to monetize by themselves.

I've Never had a single ad ever run on any of my videos that have been approved for both limited and distribution. I was uploading like 3 videos a day when I started rumble and I was accepting limited on those that didnt get approved for full distribution.

I don't know what the problem with ads not running is. I just know it needs to get fixed. When i start to see ads on my vids I will start uploading to here again and I'm definately looking forward to that, if it happens. Idk I'm pretty disappointed in the whole thing...and I can't be excited about future changes when the basic concept for me joining Rumble isn't working😕
you are right it does disappoint us in some points , rules may be confusing for some creators , what is written not like what happens , like i got 1 video only in channel claimed by rumble and iam doing yt ads on it to increase views but iam not seeing ads on it

video link :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v-F82IU63o

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member

Are you not seeing ads on Rumble or YouTube?

winkeldinkel

@TwinsKitties
I believe you will only be monetized on Rumble's YouTube channel and Rumble's regular website channel due to the new rule that came into play last February 2018. You must have 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hrs. It's the same for me as well. No money from my personal YouTube channel either. ( and that's whether the video has been copyright claimed or not)

On youtube... when i emailed before you said it wasnt possible to monetize my channel since I dont have the 4000 hrs of watch time or 1000 subs required by youtube. Since then Chris Rumble said it is possible.

I honestly just want to know what is the actual truth here so I know what to expect. I havent been with rumble that long and I feel a bit disappointed 😕

Between about 14 vids of mine im still waiting on to be uploaded to rumble viral yt that went to rumble.com yt instead, and then the promise of my channel being monetized and not have an ad appear on a single video- it seems a lot of balls were dropped.

@TwinsKitties
I believe you will only be monetized on Rumble's YouTube channel and Rumble's regular website channel due to the new rule that came into play last February 2018. You must have 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hrs. It's the same for me as well. No money from my personal YouTube channel either. ( and that's whether the video has been copyright claimed or not)
Chris Rumble said we should be seeing ads...thats why Im upset. There is all this back and forth. Its posted by him recently but Im just not seeing ads on mine either and I was told by support the same thing you are saying that the new youtube rule is what makes the difference.

If rumble cant monetize our channels that is fine. I just want it clear for me and other creators because if tons of creators are uploading here and accepting limited under the impression they will immediately be able to monetize that content it's really upsetting to find out otherwise....basically because there isnt a reason to give a percentage of our videos away if rumble isnt promoting them and we are then not able to take them anywhere else either. I've had rumble accept limited on vids that I declined for example and then submitted them elsewhere where they did get picked up. We need to have a reason to accept limited...monetizing our channels is the only reason in my opinion.

BenW

@TwinsKitties
I don't have 1000 members or 4000 watch hours but on one video on my own YouTube channel I see Ads.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyfMcFdf7jY
So it is possible. (On the other videos I don't see adds though.)

winkeldinkel

Chris Rumble said we should be seeing ads...thats why Im upset. There is all this back and forth. Its posted by him recently but Im just not seeing ads on mine either and I was told by support the same thing you are saying that the new youtube rule is what makes the difference.
Before that rule came into effect, I used to see ads run on my YouTube channel on my claimed videos. I only had about 47 subscribers at that time. No ads appeared after February 2018. In fact I deleted all my videos from my personal channel and no longer use the auto syndication feature because of this. I know that Rumble's YouTube pages and the regular Rumble website is the only place I can hope to earn anything. I have figured that much out...

winkeldinkel

I don't have 1000 members or 4000 watch hours but on one video on my own YouTube channel I see Ads.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyfMcFdf7jY
So it is possible. (On the other videos I don't see adds though.)
@BenW I just watched your video 3 times and saw no ads. Maybe it's hit and miss. Perhaps Rumble has nothing to do with this and YouTube just demonetizes randomly. You have a pretty high view count and it's a nice video so I would think ads would run on that one. Who knows what's going on here? lol

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Just to clarify, because I don't think there's a discrepancy in how we've communicated this.

If your video is uploaded to any of our channels on YouTube, we will monetize it. That video once claimed in your channel will also be monetized. Your channel won't be monetized as a whole but the individual claimed assets will.

Sometimes it does take YouTube several weeks to turn on monetization in your channel's video, but it's done automatically. We can manually do it, but normally YouTube determines when to do on its own based on how the video is doing.

If your video is on any of our YouTube channels then you should see your own copy of the video being monetized soon after. If you don't see that happening after a few weeks, email support, don't comment here. This comments sometimes aren't looked at on time and we are only able to keep a proper queued response via email.

There is another issue where I wasnt seeing ads on my rumble videos either. When you subscribe to your own channel on rumble you are able to see when creators upload new content. You wouldnt know that the videos you are being emailed are pending videos unless they are your own videos to know the specific status on them by subscribing to your own channel. All of my content was being emailed to all my subscribers the next morning after i uploaded, but because it is still pending no ads were on it. The email blast is super cool, it just needs to be doing it when the videos are actually live and have ads on them. I was super confused at first how people were commenting on videos that were either rumbling or I hadnt accepted limited on. I have no doubt the emails are drawing people to rumble but I kinda get upset to see the emails now because its just highlighting vids that arent runnings ads.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
@BenW I just watched your video 3 times and saw no ads. Maybe it's hit and miss. Perhaps Rumble has nothing to do with this and YouTube just demonetizes randomly. You have a pretty high view count and it's a nice video so I would think ads would run on that one. Who knows what's going on here? lol
This may be a YT issue, or an adblocking situation. Videos that are on our channels get monetized in the creator's channels as well. YouTube would need to demonetize that video manually otherwise.