• yes

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • no

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • don't know

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

DavidMcNab

Yes I see that you are correct, could it be possible you recieved these views after your channel hit the required amount of subs and watched hours? or have you still not monetised........ This has baffled me !
I just reached 1,000 subs a few weeks ago. The watch hours too. BECAUSE of that one video. So I definitely wasn't eligible when that video started its run.
ALSO, I cannot monetize my own channel because my Adsense is linked with another channel that I manage for the Ghostrider Charity Foundation. Until I figure that out, the channel remains unmonetized. But I'm getting the money through Rumble without a monetized YT channel.
I confirmed this with Mario because I produced a video that tells people that uploading to Rumble circumvents the YouTube policy. I can't imagine we misunderstood each other. And the stats page confirms that.
If you get a copyright claim on your YT channel version from anyone, they'll put ads on it. I've had that for videos with copyright music too.
@Mario
We need an answer from the head honcho please :)

The way I see it is, it depends if you upload a video on to rumble and sync it on to youtube they both have the same url?, and If this is not the case then I do not understand how some do not have adverts on them and some do?. How would you know that you are recieving money from your own youtube channel when you no longer see stats of monetisation on your own channel, once you give your video to rumble???
Im totally confused by this as well. I have auto sync turned on and have never seen any ads on my channel that I accepted limited on or that got full promotion. I only have like 240ish subscribers and my channel only has like 25k views so maybe its because its sooo far away from youtube's needed requirements?

I wish there was a clear cut way to find this out because it totally changes the way I upload. I was uploading things that i knew would get approved by rumble but would definatley go straight to limited because its a niche video, not a rumble viral video that still do well on youtube and would be totally happy that rumble got a cut if it meant monetizing my channel. I only ended up accepting limited on a bunch of videos though that aren't monetized and I wouldn't have accepted limited if I knew it wasn't going to immediately monetize the video.

View attachment 526
BOTFLY Larva Removed From Chipmunk. Number 3 on the page....
I don't have any sync on my channels. When I upload to Rumble, they claim the video on my YouTube channel fairly promptly.
I don't have a single cent of revenue showing on my YouTube analytics. It's not a monetized channel.
But on Rumble stats and analytics, I see 725,000 views and $179 of YouTube Revenue for that video. The Rumble version has less than 3,000 views.
My own YT version is at 853,000.
That revenue is from my views on my own channel. And in transactions, it shows when we are paid and from where.
Thats cool you can see it in stats/analytics...i see what you mean.

Congrats too on accomplishing both requirements!! It's amazing how one video can have that much impact!

DavidMcNab

Thats cool you can see it in stats/analytics...i see what you mean.

Congrats too on accomplishing both requirements!! It's amazing how one video can have that much impact!
Thank you. Yes, it seems like you can get subs from one video. I went up about 750 in less than two months.
I don't really have any hope of making money on my own on YT because all my decent work goes on Rumble anyway.

DavidMcNab

Im totally confused by this as well. I have auto sync turned on and have never seen any ads on my channel that I accepted limited on or that got full promotion. I only have like 240ish subscribers and my channel only has like 25k views so maybe its because its sooo far away from youtube's needed requirements?

I wish there was a clear cut way to find this out because it totally changes the way I upload. I was uploading things that i knew would get approved by rumble but would definatley go straight to limited because its a niche video, not a rumble viral video that still do well on youtube and would be totally happy that rumble got a cut if it meant monetizing my channel. I only ended up accepting limited on a bunch of videos though that aren't monetized and I wouldn't have accepted limited if I knew it wasn't going to immediately monetize the video.
Do you always choose exclusive management? That's one of the key factors.

DavidMcNab

Oh yeah i def didnt think i would see earnings for that haha...its just using the philosophy of uploading often over a large amount of videos and not needing to see substancial views on one particular video but have them gain views overall over time is what I was hoping to achieve. I can see the value of accepting limited for that and did it the first couple weeks i uploaded on the site...got the copyright emails and waited but I never saw an ad on any of the videos i accepted limited on and when i emailed support they said i needed both watch time and subscribers required by youtube.

I wonder what makes the difference? ...maybe its the high views or something that yt allowed yours and @BenW vids to be monetized on a non-monetized acct and are exceptions to the rule? It seems like you mentioned both vids did well so maybe thats the difference?
I doubt it's about exceptions. Can anybody find an example of a video on their channel that had 10,000 views or so, that WAS ALSO uploaded to Rumble, and then check their stats. The only thing that would contradict what BenW and I are saying is if somebody had that and did not get paid.
The reason I say 10,000 views is because any less will be almost meaningless revenue and possibly hard to see.

Tripwire

I wish I could help, really all I see is you need to be a youtube partner, to be monetised on your own channel, really confusing and to be honest the new guidelines wouldn't count for much If this is actually possible.......

I doubt it's about exceptions. Can anybody find an example of a video on their channel that had 10,000 views or so, that WAS ALSO uploaded to Rumble, and then check their stats. The only thing that would contradict what BenW and I are saying is if somebody had that and did not get paid.
The reason I say 10,000 views is because any less will be almost meaningless revenue and possibly hard to see.
Yeah that makes sense in the earnings-wise hard to see. Prior to yt changing their policy I would only see small amounts in earnings. I was thinking the key to seeing if they were monetized was that there wouldnt be any if no ads are on any of the videos. I was uploading about three videos a day for a while so it was a good amount of videos.

Tripwire

Thank you. Yes, it seems like you can get subs from one video. I went up about 750 in less than two months.
I don't really have any hope of making money on my own on YT because all my decent work goes on Rumble anyway.
Yes is this video not on rumble viral youtube's until 2018, when did you get the views for this video.? Well I suppose it was around dec or jan, ......so ignore that question lol

Last edited:
i think we should consider that not every platform videos will be on top all days , we can see now a lot of platforms , but in my opinion Rumble is doing great with it's work and he is being moved to be considered from top platforms so it must be challenging and Mario said they are making huge updates in their systems to to make every creator dashboard better than ever , also Rumble statistics in last 2 years is great

I think it's only some time before Rumble gets to be the best platform with most communicating community for creators
correct

View attachment 526
BOTFLY Larva Removed From Chipmunk. Number 3 on the page....
I don't have any sync on my channels. When I upload to Rumble, they claim the video on my YouTube channel fairly promptly.
I don't have a single cent of revenue showing on my YouTube analytics. It's not a monetized channel.
But on Rumble stats and analytics, I see 725,000 views and $179 of YouTube Revenue for that video. The Rumble version has less than 3,000 views.
My own YT version is at 853,000.
That revenue is from my views on my own channel. And in transactions, it shows when we are paid and from where.
well we still not 100% sure as some accounts work and others not receiving monetization from rumble yt

chrisrumble

Administrator
Staff member
I think part of the problem is old incorrect information keeps getting recirculated as being correct. When I signed up, I was thinking what I was reading in the forums is correct...that rumble is a way to monetize your yt channel which isn't correct anymore and hasnt been for like a year since youtube updated their ad requirement policy. If you dont have 1000 subscribers and the 4000 hrs watch time required by youtube, uploading to rumble and accepting limited wont be a way to monetize a youtube channel.

I've personally had huge drop off the last couple weeks, ive been uploading but things tend to go to limited now and Im no longer going to accept limited since mine havent generated a single penny on any of them combined and I now know that there wasnt an error in ads not appearing on my yt channel after I asked support why my limited vids didnt have ads on my yt channel.

Ive been watching the last couple weeks thru rumble reel on what is getting approved and clicking on all the users profiles. It's a very high rate of new users who mainly only have one video on their profile. Im interested to see if this continues because unless the video pays out alot or the new users stay active in uploading, even though the video generates money, unless an acct generates $50 they won't be able to to cash any of the money out.

So I guess lets see if they stay active. Just keep making videos either way because you can't make anything on something that doesn't exist. If you keep creating content to put on your yt channel your views/subscribers will grow.

I was also wondering is everyone uploading a lot or as much as they used to? I mean I have, I had 4 go to limited this morning🤣 when i was brand new I uploaded daily and got approved daily. Now im still uploading but things more so go to limited...which I guess must mean my new content isn't as watch-worthy.

Idk this has always been a hard thing to be successful in but its always been one of those things that is a marathon, not a sprint. So just keep creating and I think as long as you get some approved every so often its worth it...there may just be more months in between now for people to be able to cash out.
I want to make a quick comment and clarification. If your video is approved, even for Limited distribution, YouTube Content ID will find your video on your channel, claim the asset, monetize it, and the revenue will show up in your Rumble account. This applies even if you don't have enough subscribers or meet monetization for your own channel.

Important to note, this applies to the video asset only, we can't monetize the entire channel unless all your video assets are uploaded and approved on Rumble first.

chrisrumble

Administrator
Staff member
I love this community and I love this discussion. Here is a little information for everyone...

2018 was our best year yet. The second half was much harder than the first half due to major changes at Facebook, YouTube and general market CPM's. Never the less, I believe we have a really good strategy for 2019 and there is going to be a lot of exciting roll outs and news in the next month. We've literally been working on them since the summer and have yet to unveil anything :) Stay tuned!