• yes

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • no

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • don't know

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Hey guys

just wanted to canvass some opinion here.... we all know that Rumble.com is no longer getting anywhere near to traffic across individual videos anymore... it's getting to the point where there is almost no incentive left for me to continue producing content...

wanted to see if anyone else is feeling this way... Rumble was great, but traffic has been awful/dead for a long while now, and with Mario telling us 'they are getting lots of new uploads' It feels like Rumble has 'outgrown' itself... and now there's little money to be made from creating content for the site...

is rumble done? Can you see yourself being able to turn profit with a site that is 'ballooning' very quickly...

sloggervlogger

I do get what you are saying and I do believe, getting bigger doesn’t mean getting better. But and it’s a big BUT as someone that didn’t just upload to Rumble, Rumble is by far the best company out of all of them! Yes Rumble income is very low at the moment; yes it does get frustrating at times, yes I do complain too, but in the end Rumble is the company to be with. Companies like Rumble including YouTube all have their ups and downs. Last year the best earnings I had with Rumble by far! Before that year it was another company that did the best. This year for me seems YouTube itself is coming out on top. It hasn’t stopped me from uploading, because you never know when it happens again or what happens. Rumble receives my best and most amount of videos, because they look after us creators. Problems get solved, emails get replied to, forum help available, you can see your stats, even though sometimes they behind and aren’t updated it’s still 100% better than other companies how they deal with their finances, where you don’t see anything until you get paid and then you can just guess if it’s all adding up! There are so many things that are better with rumble than any other company. So no, Rumble isn’t done; they will be back and work hard to make it better every time and for me I will upload more and more.

I do get what you are saying and I do believe, getting bigger doesn’t mean getting better. But and it’s a big BUT as someone that didn’t just upload to Rumble, Rumble is by far the best company out of all of them! Yes Rumble income is very low at the moment; yes it does get frustrating at times, yes I do complain too, but in the end Rumble is the company to be with. Companies like Rumble including YouTube all have their ups and downs. Last year the best earnings I had with Rumble by far! Before that year it was another company that did the best. This year for me seems YouTube itself is coming out on top. It hasn’t stopped me from uploading, because you never know when it happens again or what happens. Rumble receives my best and most amount of videos, because they look after us creators. Problems get solved, emails get replied to, forum help available, you can see your stats, even though sometimes they behind and aren’t updated it’s still 100% better than other companies how they deal with their finances, where you don’t see anything until you get paid and then you can just guess if it’s all adding up! There are so many things that are better with rumble than any other company. So no, Rumble isn’t done; they will be back and work hard to make it better every time and for me I will upload more and more.
thanks for replying Sloggervlogger... It's encouraging to know that I'm not the only frustated one...

Tripwire

Hey guys

just wanted to canvass some opinion here.... we all know that Rumble.com is no longer getting anywhere near to traffic across individual videos anymore... it's getting to the point where there is almost no incentive left for me to continue producing content...

wanted to see if anyone else is feeling this way... Rumble was great, but traffic has been awful/dead for a long while now, and with Mario telling us 'they are getting lots of new uploads' It feels like Rumble has 'outgrown' itself... and now there's little money to be made from creating content for the site...

is rumble done? Can you see yourself being able to turn profit with a site that is 'ballooning' very quickly...
Rumble is not done, far from it, it is getting bigger and bigger everyday, If your video is good ,you will get the views. Youtube messed with the algorithm last year and a lot of sites went down in view count, but it is getting back to how it was slowly but surely. It is obviously your choice if you wish to stick with them or not, but my view is rumble is on the way up.

DavidMcNab

I'm so glad this came up and that you posed the questions, Rob. Excellent points and valid concerns.
I admit that I'm biased. I love Rumble. And I believe the people are top notch.
But putting that to the side, I'll tell you what I've learned and why I believe Rumble is the best platform going, and why I think it will get even better.

I started with Rumble exactly 3 years ago when I had no understanding of video marketing. Since then, I treated my experience like a science and research project. I quizzed the staff as much as I could. They answered every question. I've literally spent 3 years reading and talking to everyone I could in order to make one of the biggest decisions in my life. Retirement was approaching quickly. I worked away at videos in spare time and while waiting in airports, restaurants, watching TV, on trains, boats, airplanes, even on a porch overlooking a beach on the Cayman Islands.....whenever I could.
The biggest point for me was that my "office" was now anywhere I was. And it was instantly profitable.

I analyze my stats, crunch numbers, look at trends, read almost every comment the internet trolls make, and I even engage a few. I speak directly to other people who have had viral videos and I compare their experiences with Viralhog, Storyful and Jukin. With one or two exceptions, it seems like they were taken advantage of.
My earnings have been better than ever in 2018, mainly due to exposure on the Rumble Viral YouTube channel. The commission for Rumble is lower when you make your money on YT, so it's not as good for the company. While I prefer views on the Rumble platform, I spend it all the same. A decline in one area comes at the same time as growth in another.
It's always that "one lucky video" or two that makes me the most money. But there always seems to be at least one lucky video working for me. The lesson for me on that was to upload as much as possible to increase my channel content. Old videos actually start working for me quite often.

I see the people at Rumble working tirelessly. I hear exciting new things from the staff when I drop in at the Rumble headquarters. Chris is extremely energetic and driven. He has proven that Rumble could break into the video market and develop technology and policies that took a major chunk of YouTube's monoploy. While YouTube did wake up and take back some of what they lost, the door was opened forever for competition.
Mario actually addresses our concerns and questions. I've never heard of this on another platform. Claudio works at reading the trends and dealing with the tech side of things, and provides insight that filters down to us through the forum. The other staff are equally involved and in the know about their content creators. New ideas and directions for Rumble will keep YouTube and other giants guessing. We will see profits and earnings go up and down as the tide shifts back and forth though.

While most of us are feeling the pinch, it is definitely possible to still be increasing your earnings, even now.
Rumble has put a lot of money in my pocket. I actually consider myself a professional videographer now. And those people who questioned my sanity when I had my camera out, or when I said I was making a serious living on the internet, are all asking me to look at their videos now and tell them if they can make money too.
Rumble has also paid for family holidays I would not have taken and helped me promote good people and good things. I've even formed friendships through the Rumble connection.

Rumble is young, but they have led the pack on targeted marketing, increased revenue shares for creators, community forum engagement, and positive messaging. It's my solid opinion that Rumble will see positive growth and revenue. Every platform has felt the pinch. YouTube has made it nearly impossible for small channels to earn anything. But I have yet to hear anyone describe a better experience anywhere than with Rumble.

Is Rumble done? I don't believe it for a second. If my earnings tripled last year, yours can too.
Let's keep uploading our best content and keep trying to be better too.

People have asked me how stable and reliable internet earnings are. They are suspicious of the whole thing. "What if things change?", I am asked.
They WILL change. Things will change often. Just like marketing changed. TV was once the number one medium for advertisers. Now it's videos.
The key is for us to see the changes and adapt. We can't do the same thing in the same way forever.
But consistent uploading of your best and most imaginative content is always going to be your best play.

Last edited:

DavidMcNab

I look at this as a math formula. We know it's: VIEWS x ECPM = EARNINGS
If we upload the same amount AND get approved, then a reduction in earnings is due to a reduction in ECPM or VIEWS or BOTH.
If views are less, maybe it's an internet wide trend. Possibly more videos competing with ours. Possibly it's a promotion issue. Possibly it's the interest factor in our videos.
If ECPM is less, then we have to ask is it just happening to us? Or is it internet wide?
Then we need to look at what we can affect and control.

What I can say is that it is far easier to earn and gain views on this platform than any other I have seen or been on. We have a YouTube channel that isn’t monetised yet due to view time (we have enough subs), so utilising Rumble has been fantastic for us, even if we’ve only had a few videos accepted for full distribution. Of course there will continue to be more competition, however if the content is right, it will always gain the right amount of views to make the right amount of earnings. I think like David says, consistency is the key, we’ve found older videos have peaked again, so the more content we can produce, the more opportunity we have to earn. I also think Rumble’s team have been great and answer emails etc and genuinely care about doing the right thing by their content creators.

thanks for the replies Guys... Its reassuring to hear your comments, and David has some great tips/advice too... Perhaps what we need is more of a community hub, other than just a forum...

So a way for contributors and content makers to support each other, work together, and cross promote...

Although not sure how this would actually function... but I feel the 'forum' is a 'half arsed' attempt at social... and there could clearly be more to be done from connecting fellow creators etc....

sloggervlogger

thanks for the replies Guys... Its reassuring to hear your comments, and David has some great tips/advice too... Perhaps what we need is more of a community hub, other than just a forum...

So a way for contributors and content makers to support each other, work together, and cross promote...

Although not sure how this would actually function... but I feel the 'forum' is a 'half arsed' attempt at social... and there could clearly be more to be done from connecting fellow creators etc....
WHY? :confused: This forum is a creators forum! Why double up on something? Anything you want to talk about can be done here! Creators talk on here, give advice, ask questions, promote each other all done in this forum!

I think part of the problem is old incorrect information keeps getting recirculated as being correct. When I signed up, I was thinking what I was reading in the forums is correct...that rumble is a way to monetize your yt channel which isn't correct anymore and hasnt been for like a year since youtube updated their ad requirement policy. If you dont have 1000 subscribers and the 4000 hrs watch time required by youtube, uploading to rumble and accepting limited wont be a way to monetize a youtube channel.

I've personally had huge drop off the last couple weeks, ive been uploading but things tend to go to limited now and Im no longer going to accept limited since mine havent generated a single penny on any of them combined and I now know that there wasnt an error in ads not appearing on my yt channel after I asked support why my limited vids didnt have ads on my yt channel.

Ive been watching the last couple weeks thru rumble reel on what is getting approved and clicking on all the users profiles. It's a very high rate of new users who mainly only have one video on their profile. Im interested to see if this continues because unless the video pays out alot or the new users stay active in uploading, even though the video generates money, unless an acct generates $50 they won't be able to to cash any of the money out.

So I guess lets see if they stay active. Just keep making videos either way because you can't make anything on something that doesn't exist. If you keep creating content to put on your yt channel your views/subscribers will grow.

I was also wondering is everyone uploading a lot or as much as they used to? I mean I have, I had 4 go to limited this morning🤣 when i was brand new I uploaded daily and got approved daily. Now im still uploading but things more so go to limited...which I guess must mean my new content isn't as watch-worthy.

Idk this has always been a hard thing to be successful in but its always been one of those things that is a marathon, not a sprint. So just keep creating and I think as long as you get some approved every so often its worth it...there may just be more months in between now for people to be able to cash out.

DavidMcNab

I've been saying that Rumble provides the opportunity to effectively monetize your YouTube channel. If you receive front page promotion, then your own YT channel views put 90% in your pocket and 10% in Rumble's. That's obviously a win when compared to making nothing.
If you accept limited, I believe you still allow Rumble to claim the copyright and you still see the same earnings. I hope Mario will confirm this.
Uploading to both would benefit you if you start to get a lot of views on your own. And if you don't, you've lost nothing.
Any promotion can potentially bring people to your YT video channel too. It's not likely to be huge, but a few subscribers here and there will help you reach that 1,000 mark.
I see your point about the $50 and the cashout, but with a little effort and a decent amount of videos, that's a very attainable goal.
Is there any downside to uploading to Rumble? If you're here trying to make money and you're looking at your hours vs. earnings, then it's obviously profitable for some and not for others. But if you're making videos and uploading to YouTube anyway, how can uploading here as well create any disadvantage?

Last edited:

winkeldinkel

I would like to know when the views will update . This is very frustrating. It seems to stretch out longer every month. How can we feel encouraged to continue if we can't gauge how we are doing? Also, it's almost impossible to get full promotion now. I think rumble has decided to be very choosy about what gets promoted and what doesn't . I have had a positive experience up until the last few months and I'm glad for what I have earned but feel quite discouraged right now. I'm just being honest. I hope things improve but I feel maybe online videos are over saturated and everyone is getting in on the act. I have also seen. Videos promoted here that I have seen on other sites so there is repetition .

DavidMcNab

...I think the key is dont get down on yourself, i made nothing before rumble so if you keep the mindset that its an awesome thing to make something without expecting it it can be a happy thing. I love making videos!! So if i have a shot at it to make a little bit thru rumble its easier to keep things going and not get down on yourself.
Excellent point!
9 out of 10 of my videos don't make me enough to get excited about. The earnings are likely to come from the exceptions, but they make up for the others. Those successes are also very difficult to predict. The internet is very random. If you keep trying, one will eventually make you very glad you did :)
Try reading the descriptions and watching the Editor Picks and Top Earners. Then ask yourself what can be learned from them. You'll see some patterns.

DavidMcNab

...I think the key is dont get down on yourself, i made nothing before rumble so if you keep the mindset that its an awesome thing to make something without expecting it it can be a happy thing. I love making videos!! So if i have a shot at it to make a little bit thru rumble its easier to keep things going and not get down on yourself.
Excellent point!
9 out of 10 of my videos don't make me enough to get excited about. The earnings are likely to come from the exceptions, but they make up for the others. Those successes are also very difficult to predict. The internet is very random. If you keep trying, one will eventually make you very glad you did :)
Try reading the descriptions and watching the Editor Picks and Top Earners. Then ask yourself what can be learned from them. You'll see some patterns.

DavidMcNab

I would like to know when the views will update . This is very frustrating. It seems to stretch out longer every month. How can we feel encouraged to continue if we can't gauge how we are doing? Also, it's almost impossible to get full promotion now. I think rumble has decided to be very choosy about what gets promoted and what doesn't . I have had a positive experience up until the last few months and I'm glad for what I have earned but feel quite discouraged right now. I'm just being honest. I hope things improve but I feel maybe online videos are over saturated and everyone is getting in on the act. I have also seen. Ideas promoted here that I have seen on other sites so there is repetition .
I doubt they will ever give us precise schedules, but I see third party updates and YouTube updates coming in the first week of each month now.

I've been saying that Rumble provides the opportunity to effectively monetize your YouTube channel. If you receive front page promotion, then your own YT channel views put 90% in your pocket and 10% in Rumble's. That's obviously a win when compared to making nothing.
If you accept limited, I believe you still allow Rumble to claim the copyright and you still see the same earnings. I hope Mario will confirm this.
Uploading to both would benefit you if you start to get a lot of views on your own. And if you don't, you've lost nothing.
Any promotion can potentially bring people to your YT video channel too. It's not likely to be huge, but a few subscribers here and there will help you reach that 1,000 mark.
I see your point about the $50 and the cashout, but with a little effort and a decent amount of videos, that's a very attainable goal.
No, that is the incorrect info I got and when I asked Mario he said that ads won't be placed on my youtube because unless you have youtube's required subscriber count/watch time. When youtube's policy changed, this info being correct changed. It's why I stopped accepting limited for anything.

I know personally that was a huge let down for me, the second let down was when I started getting approved less and less.

Its still worth it, I just had to lower what I expected.

@DavidMcNab is right on! I've been on Rumble since July of 2016. I've been monetized on YouTube since April of 2009. Comparing the last 2 1/2 years, I have made 3 times the amount of money on Rumble than on YouTube. That said, EVERYTHING goes up and down. Diversify! I still do YouTube because I have created a faithful community there. YouTube is now all about building community. YouTube makes you jump through so many hoops! Rumble doesn't! You edit, write a description, upload. Boom! You're done! I slacked off on my Rumble uploads in 2018 due to time and family responsibilities and I regret that! I have new goals for 2019 and plan to upload more. If we are voting, I vote NO for a community hub. I do good to remember to find time to come here and check out the forum.