Thumbnails

BenW

Oh that makes sense. They seemed to have used it on the rumble platform but when they uploaded to YouTube, maybe it’s harder to transfer that pic over?
Yes. On the Rumble player is the thumbnail that you chose. MSN uses the Rumble player, so there you see the same thumbnail. On YouTube is often another thumbnail, Probably because if they upload it there it takes a different image.

DavidMcNab

I find that YouTube thumbnails differ and I believe it's because the YouTube uploader doesn't attach a thumbnail.He or she must use the ones that are auto generated. I'm sure it's a pile of work for somebody to select that many thumbnails.
@Mario
I'm of the firm belief that thumbnails have a lot to do with YouTube success. Although I understand this would take a bit of time, maybe we could try a one month project to see if this is correct? Content Creators could email their thumbnails to have them used on YouTube. If I'm hopeful that a video will do well, this time at my end would be worth it. Obviously we don't all feel that way about all of our videos.
A pilot project would tell Rumble if the revenue increase merits contuing. It would also tell Rumble how much extra work it would actually require.
I'm predicting that this would be a few extra minutes for each video, but more than a few dollars difference for each in the long run.
It could end up paying everybody.

brenmichelle

I find that YouTube thumbnails differ and I believe it's because the YouTube uploader doesn't attach a thumbnail.He or she must use the ones that are auto generated. I'm sure it's a pile of work for somebody to select that many thumbnails.
@Mario
I'm of the firm belief that thumbnails have a lot to do with YouTube success. Although I understand this would take a bit of time, maybe we could try a one month project to see if this is correct? Content Creators could email their thumbnails to have them used on YouTube. If I'm hopeful that a video will do well, this time at my end would be worth it. Obviously we don't all feel that way about all of our videos.
A pilot project would tell Rumble if the revenue increase merits contuing. It would also tell Rumble how much extra work it would actually require.
I'm predicting that this would be a few extra minutes for each video, but more than a few dollars difference for each in the long run.
Rumble does allow for us to upload our own thumbnail currently, couldn’t they just use that image for YouTube?

winkeldinkel

@Mario
Yes, usually the one you pick on this site, is the one that is seen on msn etc, but I don't think we have control of the thumbnail on Rumble viral YouTube. On my personal YouTube account I can use a custom thumbnail which is nice because the autogenerated ones are usually pretty random.