Thumbnails not adopted on YouTube

w3caffeine

For those who make custom thumbnails, have you not noticed that your thumbnail is not being adopted as supplied?
I make nice catchy thumbnails and then I see that my videos are not promoted as delivered on Rumble's YouTube channel.
Custom thumbnails shouldn't be ignored because that's one of the most important things on YouTube.

Thank you.

BenW

There is another post on that matter, unfortunatly Mario never saw that post, so I'm not sure why your own thumbnails don't transfer to YouTube. https://community.rumble.com/threads/thumbnails.12009/#post-22733
On Youtube you have to upload the picture you want, otherwise it adds an automatically one. I think if Rumble upload our videos to Youtube Rumble viral it adds an automatically one. Maybe it is to much work to upload the pictures we want? (although it would be better for the views)
Hope to hear the reason.....

w3caffeine

On Youtube you have to upload the picture you want, otherwise it adds an automatically one. I think if Rumble upload our videos to Youtube Rumble viral it adds an automatically one. Maybe it is to much work to upload the pictures we want? (although it would be better for the views)
Hope to hear the reason.....
Hi @BenW thanks for the reply. Yeah, I see MSN is using my thumbnails it's only YouTube.

DavidMcNab

MSN links to the Rumble player and uses the same thumbnails because it's the same link. Staff uploading to YouTube needs to add a custom thumbnail or it will be left as YouTube has randomly selected. I believe it is more work. I firmly believe that this would create more views though and would justify the effort.
I hope Rumble will look into ways of using the custom thumbnail. If they need it emailed from us to help, I'm happy to do that.
We all benefit from the best thumbnail.
@Mario.
Any thoughts on this?

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
MSN links to the Rumble player and uses the same thumbnails because it's the same link. Staff uploading to YouTube needs to add a custom thumbnail or it will be left as YouTube has randomly selected. I believe it is more work. I firmly believe that this would create more views though and would justify the effort.
I hope Rumble will look into ways of using the custom thumbnail. If they need it emailed from us to help, I'm happy to do that.
We all benefit from the best thumbnail.
@Mario.
Any thoughts on this?
We have a dedicated thumbnail editor for YouTube, so while the creator-selected Rumble thumbnail may not be used on YouTube we do have someone picking what's best for our YT channels.

We've reached incredible growth in our YT channels, so what we're doing seems to be working very effectively.

brenmichelle

We have a dedicated thumbnail editor for YouTube, so while the creator-selected Rumble thumbnail may not be used on YouTube we do have someone picking what's best for our YT channels.

We've reached incredible growth in our YT channels, so what we're doing seems to be working very effectively.
Omg I liked this comment until I just went to the YouTube channel and saw the thumbnail for my latest video. 🤣🤣🤣 Mario it’s so awful please tell the editor I said “That’s so messed up” 🤣🤣🤣

w3caffeine

Imagine the growth of your channel if you use the information (thumbnail) provided by the uploader. Sorry, my thumbnail is way more appealing.

2019-10-25 (1).png

Last edited: