Thoughts on comments

I was wondering everyone’s thoughts about whether or not to ever respond to comments on your videos. I’m sure everyone has had many frustrating or misguided comments and the natural desire is to set the record straight, but is it the best? Also, does Rumble encourage, discourage or is it neutral on wanting us to respond. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

BenW

I was wondering everyone’s thoughts about whether or not to ever respond to comments on your videos. I’m sure everyone has had many frustrating or misguided comments and the natural desire is to set the record straight, but is it the best? Also, does Rumble encourage, discourage or is it neutral on wanting us to respond. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
I always try to respond on comments on my videos. If people took the time to watch and comment on my videos I feel the need to give a reply even if they didn’t like it. It’s always good to hear the thoughts of viewers, positive or (constructive) negative.

sloggervlogger

On rumble the comments are still manageable and I will reply ( and give Rumbles! :)) , but if it gets too much like on my YouTube I normally reply to to a few in the mornings, but it's just impossible for me to reply to every single comment on Youtube as I get about 200 comments every day. If you're talking about negative comments, in the beginning I did set the record straight or tried to, but since then I learned you can't please everybody no matter what you say. So I let everybody write what they want within reason. In Youtube I got the filter on and approve or delete comments to help me. I don't reply to bad comments at all. I only delete comments that are really getting out of hand, threatening comments and so on. Don't forget a good old argument in the comment section can help you to get more interest in the video. So not all comments we don't agree with are bad! Hope this helps @brenmichelle :)

it's way to engage with people for sure
https://rumble.com/c-163323/

i see it as good way to talk with audience

I have a video that gets a lot of comments on Rumble Viral YouTube and I do respond to a lot. As SloggerVlogger says, it seems to create interest in your video and possibly increase your YouTube rank for recommended videos. A bit of back and forth can even help you with views. The person needs to log in on your video to respond.
But overall, I try to avoid senseless or hostile exchanges. Some people try very hard to misunderstand.
Occasionally though, you can reach an understanding with someone who missed the point of your video.
On Rumble, I find most comments are more intelligent.

I have a video that gets a lot of comments on Rumble Viral YouTube and I do respond to a lot. As SloggerVlogger says, it seems to create interest in your video and possibly increase your YouTube rank for recommended videos. A bit of back and forth can even help you with views. The person needs to log in on your video to respond.
But overall, I try to avoid senseless or hostile exchanges. Some people try very hard to misunderstand.
Occasionally though, you can reach an understanding with someone who missed the point of your video.
On Rumble, I find most comments are more intelligent.
Awesome thank you!