Third party payout late?

winkeldinkel

It is extremely hard to predict what you will get. We all assume that if we have a high number of views that the third party will be a big payout. My best third party came from a video that didn't do too well on YouTube or the regular rumble site. I didn't expect to get anything for that one yet got
$122.16 for barely 120,000 views...it can vary dramatically.

Attachments

DavidMcNab

I've had some really inconsistent results on third party. A video with 1,000 views got 275,000 views on AOL, and then I've had some go the opposite way. And ECPM vary greatly. Because I always have 20-30 videos per month, the numbers are more consistent when you look at the big picture.
But now that MSN is showing up early, third party isn't the same. I guess it's not a bad thing, it just means the money from MSN comes early, but it makes predicting earnings difficult.
I'd be crying to see such a low ECP on a highly shared video.
I'm in it for the earnings though, so I chose full management and let them all have it. :)

DavidMcNab

I'm not sure. I'm hoping Mario will comment on whether ECPMs below 10 cents are something we should expect. I'm wondering if something has changed. I'd love to hear that it's unusual for some reason.

Tripwire

I'm not sure. I'm hoping Mario will comment on whether ECPMs below 10 cents are something we should expect. I'm wondering if something has changed. I'd love to hear that it's unusual for some reason.
It cannot be unusual, because I have had consistent low ecpm for well over a year, 18 months or so .

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
ECPM is both a complex and a simple issue at the same time.

On the creator side it boils down to how much the ads running are paying, and how many ads are being played or seen (depending on platform); as to the how that's done is where our internal working comes into play.

If your video gets a combination of low paying ads and low viewership. Then you will receive a low CPM. For example, a video may get a million views but only 1/10,000 views get filled with an ad, vs 1/1000 then you have a 10x difference in earnings for the same amount of views.

Rumble's goal is to always achieve the highest CPM available. That's our secret sauce.

On the other hand is your videos gets high viewership, high paying ads and a high fill rate then you get the highest CPM anywhere online. But no one ever complains about making too much money;).

DavidMcNab

ECPM is both a complex and a simple issue at the same time.

On the creator side it boils down to how much the ads running are paying, and how many ads are being played or seen (depending on platform); as to the how that's done is where our internal working comes into play.

If your video gets a combination of low paying ads and low viewership. Then you will receive a low CPM. For example, a video may get a million views but only 1/10,000 views get filled with an ad, vs 1/1000 then you have a 10x difference in earnings for the same amount of views.

Rumble's goal is to always achieve the highest CPM available. That's our secret sauce.

On the other hand is your videos gets high viewership, high paying ads and a high fill rate then you get the highest CPM anywhere online. But no one ever complains about making too much money;).
You're correct about the high earnings being no cause for complaint.
As users struggle to understand the ECPM and earnings, we are probably looking for rules and patterns to help us predict what will come with furure efforts. It's such a mysterious process that none of us seem to grasp it fully, and none of us ever have the same experience as each other. Even our own experiences with different videos are mystifying.
I come back to the same answer to every question; upload as much as we can and try to make each video the best presentation. Some will have a good performance and the result will average out in our favour.
Interestingly, some of my bigger earners have been the ones I wouldn't have bet on.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
You're correct about the high earnings being no cause for complaint.
As users struggle to understand the ECPM and earnings, we are probably looking for rules and patterns to help us predict what will come with furure efforts. It's such a mysterious process that none of us seem to grasp it fully, and none of us ever have the same experience as each other. Even our own experiences with different videos are mystifying.
I come back to the same answer to every question; upload as much as we can and try to make each video the best presentation. Some will have a good performance and the result will average out in our favour.
Interestingly, some of my bigger earners have been the ones I wouldn't have bet on.
CPM negotiation isn't a fixed process and there's no set formula to it beyond the general principle on how it works, and we are constantly changing it to get the most out of it.

To be honest we can't continuously explain in detail how this is done behind the scenes because that would take so much of our time; at the same time our strategy changes so often that someone reading a detailed explanation today that was written last month will just end up with outdated information. Not only that, the way we achieve high CPM is also dependent on us being the only ones doing it, if we let any other company come and read how it's done, our advantage would vanish.

My suggestion to all creators is to make the best content possible and let us work to get you the highest return possible. We depend on creators making money before we can make money, so it's in our best interested to get you as much as possible. And trust me when I say we don't waste our efforts when it comes to generating money for our community.

Create your content, sit back, relax and let the earnings roll in. We are working hard to get you as much money as possible.

The answer to "Why is the CPM low?" will be the same to the question that no one asks: "Why did I make so much money?" And the answer is we made our best effort, and that's the CPM that we managed to get for you. If there's a possibility to get more, trust me that Rumble is working to get it.

Mario

DavidMcNab

Thanks Mario. That's very helpful and much appreciated.
The truth is that I actually do ask occasionally why a video made "too much" money. An example for me is a drone view of a small skirmish between two horses. The earnings were higher than the views would normally have produced. If I could figure out why, I'd do it a few more times, lol.
I realize that it's random though and trying to duplicate success is a very difficult process that relies on too many factors to get it right.

I've seen you guys working hard down there and that is also appreciated!
And one other thing I've learned is to always keep the camera ready to go.

Last edited:
Too all this, you have to add the obvious naturla evolution of Rumble. We are probably more than double the users we were 2 years ago. Double the people compete for the same ammount of viewers out there. + the new feature that allows logged-in users to see ad-free videos also shows its drawbacks. We also have to take in consideration, that not all users who have an accout on Rumble also are publishers, and the other way-round. So this can acctually have a huge hit on the earnings for some, and non at all for others.

DavidMcNab

Too all this, you have to add the obvious naturla evolution of Rumble. We are probably more than double the users we were 2 years ago. Double the people compete for the same ammount of viewers out there. + the new feature that allows logged-in users to see ad-free videos also shows its drawbacks. We also have to take in consideration, that not all users who have an accout on Rumble also are publishers, and the other way-round. So this can acctually have a huge hit on the earnings for some, and non at all for others.
Good points.