The abuse has got to stop! NOW!

JonasParker

My late wife passed some six years ago from early onset, fast progression Alzheimer's Disease. For over four and one half years, I was her sole caregiver. Watching the vibrant girl that I loved and married lose cognitive function and her wonderful personality vanish was difficult beyond belief.

Today, plastered all over the internet, were videos of our former vice-president, Joe Biden, with the usual tasteless and snarky comments. Mr. Biden didn't know for what position he was running (he said the US Senate). He referred people to a non-existent website. He couldn't remember the name of Sen. Mitt Romney. And this was one appearance on one day.

Now I'm not a doctor, and I didn't play one on TV, and I can't make a diagnosis, but this isn't funny, it's sad. What's being done to this poor man by forcing him to run and campaign for the coming election is unconscionable. What's being done to his family is beyond cruel.

Please, let this poor man go home to his wife and family to be pampered, hugged, and loved for whatever time he has left of cognitive function. Please, Mrs. Biden, tell the DNC to "take a hike", then you and your family take him home and make all of his days from today on as happy as you can make them. Put a "No Media" sign on the front door! Put a "No Politicians" sign on the front gate! Feed him "seconds" on his favorite desserts. Use the time left to build good memories.

He is being abused, and the abuse has got to stop! NOW!

NancyJW

Many years ago I watched my dear Grandmother slowly slip away from us, because of Alzheimer's. I was on a long distance trip for 3 weeks, and visited her as soon as I returned to give her a gift. I have not forgotten that day. Within 3 weeks, she no longer recognized me.

This dreadful disease makes no distinction between a Democrat, Republican or other. It is non-discriminatory. I definitely agree with you. Compassion should rule.

Jimr1961

My late wife passed some six years ago from early onset, fast progression Alzheimer's Disease. For over four and one half years, I was her sole caregiver. Watching the vibrant girl that I loved and married lose cognitive function and her wonderful personality vanish was difficult beyond belief.

Today, plastered all over the internet, were videos of our former vice-president, Joe Biden, with the usual tasteless and snarky comments. Mr. Biden didn't know for what position he was running (he said the US Senate). He referred people to a non-existent website. He couldn't remember the name of Sen. Mitt Romney. And this was one appearance on one day.

Now I'm not a doctor, and I didn't play one on TV, and I can't make a diagnosis, but this isn't funny, it's sad. What's being done to this poor man by forcing him to run and campaign for the coming election is unconscionable. What's being done to his family is beyond cruel.

Please, let this poor man go home to his wife and family to be pampered, hugged, and loved for whatever time he has left of cognitive function. Please, Mrs. Biden, tell the DNC to "take a hike", then you and your family take him home and make all of his days from today on as happy as you can make them. Put a "No Media" sign on the front door! Put a "No Politicians" sign on the front gate! Feed him "seconds" on his favorite desserts. Use the time left to build good memories.

He is being abused, and the abuse has got to stop! NOW!
Amen brother. I've been saying it for months. This is a serious issue and the left is using him because they don't care. His wife needs to stop this and throw in the towel for his sake. It ain't no joke. I've had two people in my life die from Alzheimer's disease. Let us not watch his decline unfold in a public spectacle.