Text/subtitles or no?

RebeccaStout

I have made videos where sub text is needed to fully explain what the viewer is seeing or is needed to tell the whole story. Sometimes I'll create something and humorous text added to the video makes it far more entertaining in other scenarios. I've read that it's best to not add text to your videos? No subtitling? Is that true? And is it true I all cases or what?

sloggervlogger

I have made videos where sub text is needed to fully explain what the viewer is seeing or is needed to tell the whole story. Sometimes I'll create something and humorous text added to the video makes it far more entertaining in other scenarios. I've read that it's best to not add text to your videos? No subtitling? Is that true? And is it true I all cases or what?
From my experience, when you go for full distribution with rumble, you wouldn't want text. It might stop a sale, because the companies can't put their own text on the video. But that's just my opinion and of course it would be different for YouTube and such. Maybe make two versions for Rumble to choose?

Mario

Head of the Support Team
Staff member
From my experience, when you go for full distribution with rumble, you wouldn't want text. It might stop a sale, because the companies can't put their own text on the video. But that's just my opinion and of course it would be different for YouTube and such. Maybe make two versions for Rumble to choose?
this is true, if your video needs an explanation to be understood then it may be harder to promote, in any case that's what the descriptions are for.

Some videos are humorous with overlapping text like thinking dogs, but then you alienate anyone that doesn't speak english. so to be safe is better to have no text overlapped on the video itself.