Suggestions

Revids

I'm just wondering if we could have a suggestions subforum so people can suggest things that would improve the rumble.com website, forum, apps or the rumble experience in general. I've already emailed support about improvements that could be made to the iOS app (I didn't get a response). If we have somewhere to post about it on the forum I think it would be a great place to get more people's ideas on the same subject.

Whilst we're on the subject of suggestions, we all know there is constant advertising spam in the comments on this site. Is there a way for rumble to block keywords or phrases to help reduce this happening? For example, if you blocked "I have made" or "I have earned" or "working online" or "working from home" I think this would help to reduce this constant spam.

Last edited:

Revids

More suggestions:

- Appoint some trusted members to help moderate the forums and videos, to help deal with constant spam, pointless posts and posts being in wrong sections etc. The forums can seem quite messy and very little forum etiquette is used.

- Have some basic forums rules/guidelines to make it easy for people to know what is expected.

- Try and get more rumble staff to join in with discussions/answer questions on the forums. Posts seem to go unanswered for quite a while at times, which could discourage use of the forums.

- Incorporate a translate button onto forum posts so we can translate non-English posts with 1 click of the mouse, rather than having to copy over to google translate every time. Would just be more efficient and make it easy for everyone to help each other.

- Have a report option on every video page to make it easy to report videos that breach Rumble Ts & Cs.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
I'm just wondering if we could have a suggestions subforum so people can suggest things that would improve the rumble.com website, apps or the rumble experience in general. I've already emailed support about improvements that could be made to the iOS app. If we have somewhere to post about it on the forum I think it would be a great place to get more people's ideas on the same subject.

Whilst we're on the subject of suggestions, we all know there is constant advertising spam in the comments on this site. Is there a way for rumble to block keywords or phrases to help reduce this happening? For example, if you blocked "I have made" or "I have earned" or "working online" or "working from home" I think this would help to reduce this constant spam.
You'll also have to block "I'm single and waiting to chat with you" lol

BenW

Trustworthy Member
@Revids I think you have some very good suggestions. Some basic forums rules/guidelines is necessary because many people throw their messages in a thread that goes about another subject (often promotion for their own videos) Maybe that shouldn't be possible anymore to promote your video in a (or certain) forum. Translate non-English posts with 1 click of the mouse is a great suggestion too.

These two links should be clearly shown on a fixed spot on the website or in the forum (now is hardly to find)
Here are the Frequently asked question: https://rumblefaq.groovehq.com/help
Here are some rules and guidelines: https://rumble.com/s/terms

Hope Rumble will think, discuss and add some suggestions to the forum to make it better.

Last edited:

Revids

Rules/guidance is important for forums because it helps people understand what is allowed and what is not and if they don't stick to that then warnings could be given, which in turn leads to bans (temporary or permanent) depending on the severity. This helps the forum to not become a free for all, which is how it seems to be currently.

Agreed @BenW, thread hijacking is annoying, especially when it's spam or self promotion. I don't think self promotion is needed on the forum at all, but if Rumble want it, I think only allowing it in the 'Promote Your Videos Here' sub section is the way to go. If any other self promotion happens outside of that sub section (which there is a huge amount of currently), I think the posts/comments should just be deleted and warnings given. (Again, rules would help people understand this isn't tolerated)
On this topic, I think it's confusing to a lot of forum users that the 'Promote Your Videos Here' is the only place to link to their videos. They think that the 'Video promotion' subsection of the Creator forum is also for this purpose, which it is not. But you can see why they get confused by this as it's not very clear and there seems to be no post deletion or moderating of it. I would go as far to say that the 'Video promotion' subsection is a perfect example of being a free for all, it's just a mess and completely unused for it's intended purpose and might as well be removed if it isn't going to be moderated properly.

Definitely agree on the FAQ and terms links. For the FAQ section to not have a sticky thread at the top with a link to the FAQ section seems baffling to me.

Revids

Yes you do really get sick of the stupid "I made $18,000 in just one week" posts. Sad that there are people who only sign up to do that...lol
I would imagine it's automated by bots rather than actual people signing up and posting spam, I could be wrong but that's the impression I get. It is very annoying when you get notified your video has comments for them to just be spam all the time 😑

BenW

Trustworthy Member
I also think of a guidance "What kind of videos is Rumble looking for", because I see a lot of posts about rejected videos lately. Most of it is written in the terms: https://rumble.com/s/terms of course, but that's only about the rights and restrictions part. Mario called it: "But content may still be rejected if the content is unfit for the platform". Maybe this can be more specified and clarified.

Revids

I agree that some extra guidance on types of videos Rumble wants (as they know what works and what doesn't) would be helpful. I suspect that with the rejecting of videos, they keep the reason deliberately vague, 'unfit for the platform' because if they went into specifics, it would give people more opportunity to challenge, appeal, question it etc, which would cause them more work. To give extra specific rejection information would also cause a bigger workload, even though it would be of great benefit to the creator to know specifically why the video is 'unfit for the platform'.
Another reason for not going into specifics could be that it would give away more insight into the algorithm they use and the metrics it uses to make decisions, which they may want to avoid doing.

EDIT:
Came across this from Mario on the forum, which seems to suggest specific information on why it has been rejected is included in the email, but I've never received one so I don't know exactly what is stated in them:
EVERY rejection comes with an email and the exact reason why you were rejected, and there's just not enough time in the day for us to reply to thousands of submissions and why they were rejected,

... rejections can happen because they video fails to meet a number of individual requirements like quality, proper content or even a minimum amount of entertainment, many videos are simply not good enough because they have content that no one will enjoy.

Last edited:

sloggervlogger

Hi, I am a member of Rumble, I recorded the video myself, then used the software to edit, edit and upload to Rumble, but I was surprised that Rumble sent me a notice that I had Video copyright infringement, with notification content as below:
Hello MichaelKiet,
Unfortunately your video "My daughter's working out with differences !" was rejected for "We believe this video contains copyrighted video". Please note, in order for Rumble to pay high rates for your video content is because we assure advertisers that our content is safe for their brands and there are no copyright issues.
If you'd like to participate on Rumble, please upload videos that you created yourself and are safe for brands. Violating these rules will eventually lead to account termination.
Thank you,
Team Rumble
I really didn't understand why, after that, I sent information to Rumble to explain this and wanted Rumble to send me proof of copyright infringement. Please guide me.
Sincerely thank you
Michael Kiet
I would have thought there were enough clues in this thread that your post didn't belong here? πŸ€”

Revids

Hi, I am a member of Rumble, I recorded the video myself, then used the software to edit, edit and upload to Rumble, but I was surprised that Rumble sent me a notice that I had Video copyright infringement, with notification content as below:
Hello MichaelKiet,
Unfortunately your video "My daughter's working out with differences !" was rejected for "We believe this video contains copyrighted video". Please note, in order for Rumble to pay high rates for your video content is because we assure advertisers that our content is safe for their brands and there are no copyright issues.
If you'd like to participate on Rumble, please upload videos that you created yourself and are safe for brands. Violating these rules will eventually lead to account termination.
Thank you,
Team Rumble
I really didn't understand why, after that, I sent information to Rumble to explain this and wanted Rumble to send me proof of copyright infringement. Please guide me.
Sincerely thank you
Michael Kiet
Thanks Michael for providing a perfect example of how NOT to use the forum πŸ‘πŸ»

Revids

Suggestion for the Battle Apps:
- Have the title of the video displayed, as it would be helpful to know the context of the video from the title, so that the viewer can decide whether to keep watching after the first few seconds, as a lot of the time the first few seconds has very little happening.

BenW

Trustworthy Member
Suggestion for the Battle Apps:
- Have the title of the video displayed, as it would be helpful to know the context of the video from the title, so that the viewer can decide whether to keep watching after the first few seconds, as a lot of the time the first few seconds has very little happening.
That is a good suggestion. I like the lay out of the battle screen, but I have to say that the size of the videoscreen is very small. Sometimes it is hard to see what is going on in the video. Is it also possible to go to full screen? (or maybe I need new glasses 😁)

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
@Mario @chrisrumble Any thoughts on this? Input from Rumble staff is quite essential for the original question regarding having a dedicated space on the forum for suggestions.
Don't worry about tagging me on any conversation, I read EVERY. SINGLE. MESSAGE. in the forum.

I don't always reply, specially on repeated threads, but I read everything.

Revids

That's great that you read everything Mario, my apologies for tagging you, I won't do this again now I know you read EVERYTHING like the all-seeing eye
1596570540428.png
:LOL: I'm sure everyone appreciates when you get involved on the forum and provide helpful answers, but on this occasion, you haven't provided any sort of answer to the original question asked:

"Can we have a suggestions subforum?"

This could be because it's not your place to answer this question, or that you don't think it's a good idea but you don't want to say so, or that you've passed it on to the appropriate person within the team to answer, or any number of other reasons, but unless you say that, I've no idea and it just seems like the question is being ignored for some unknown reason. It's a very simple yes or no type of question and it was posted over 3 weeks ago, with no actual answer from anyone at Rumble who manages the forum. Can you see why this might get a little frustrating when all I'm trying to do is help and improve the forum and the Rumble experience in general? I was hoping for any type of answer, something along the lines of:

1) "We don't feel like a suggestions subsection is required for the forum but please feel free to keep adding suggestions to this thread"
2) "Great suggestion, we'll add the subsection and see how regularly it gets used"
3) "This isn't something I have control over but I've passed it on within the team and someone will respond shortly"

I don't always reply, specially on repeated threads, but I read everything.
I'm not sure if that means you haven't provided an answer because it's been answered before and this is a repeated thread? But I couldn't find this answer when searching the forum. Rather than reading but not answering on repeated threads, you could maybe answer with something like "This question has been asked many times before, please use the search function" and then lock the thread? This is a super quick reply, would provide the OP with a response so they don't feel ignored, it would encourage them to use the forum more appropriately and it would keep the forum tidy with a locked thread rather than one that looks like it's been ignored.

Please don't take the above personally, it's just constructive feedback that I would have provided to any member of the Rumble team who responded without actually answering the original question.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
I get your suggestion, and it's not bad at all. But we really don't have that many suggestion that would require a whole new subsection to be created,

You can send emails to support, here in general discussions or even report bugs. A lot of times we get design suggestions which are ignored because they are either very subjective, or would make no significant improvement on the site; but for actual missing functionality, a bug report or an email will do just fine. Those are sent to their respective teams, and they decide if they will be included or ignored in future updates. At the end of the day we have professionals in staff whose whole job is to make things better, and some suggestions while really good would benefit such a small portion of the user base that there's just no justification in implementing them.

Now, when it comes content itself, we are not a content creation platform we are a content hosting platform, meaning we host the videos, we don't make the videos or tell creators how to make the videos or what to include.

We simply set up a few rules of what's expected of our users, which would be in our terms and conditions, and approve content that follows and fits within those rules. If you want your content monetized then we have to keep advertisers happy, so no violence, no strong language, no sex or nudity, no substance abuse, etc... make your content available to all audiences (keep it G rated, PG at most), If you check our top videos I can guarantee that they abide by most of these rules if not all.

BUT most importantly keep it entertaining. (Now that's more tricky to define)

For example, a one minute video of passing clouds definitely abides by all the rules... but who wants to see that? πŸ€”

BenW

Trustworthy Member
I get your suggestion, and it's not bad at all. But we really don't have that many suggestion that would require a whole new subsection to be created,

You can send emails to support, here in general discussions or even report bugs. A lot of times we get design suggestions which are ignored because they are either very subjective, or would make no significant improvement on the site; but for actual missing functionality, a bug report or an email will do just fine. Those are sent to their respective teams, and they decide if they will be included or ignored in future updates. At the end of the day we have professionals in staff whose whole job is to make things better, and some suggestions while really good would benefit such a small portion of the user base that there's just no justification in implementing them.

Now, when it comes content itself, we are not a content creation platform we are a content hosting platform, meaning we host the videos, we don't make the videos or tell creators how to make the videos or what to include.

We simply set up a few rules of what's expected of our users, which would be in our terms and conditions, and approve content that follows and fits within those rules. If you want your content monetized then we have to keep advertisers happy, so no violence, no strong language, no sex or nudity, no substance abuse, etc... make your content available to all audiences (keep it G rated, PG at most), If you check our top videos I can guarantee that they abide by most of these rules if not all.

BUT most importantly keep it entertaining. (Now that's more tricky to define)

For example, a one minute video of passing clouds definitely abides by all the rules... but who wants to see that? πŸ€”
Who wants to see passing clouds??? Everybody!! ! Watch this:
View: https://vimeo.com/438228715
. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚