Spamming video comment areas with your own video links

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
New members have been commenting on other members' videos with simply a link to their own videos. This sends notification emails to the users and it is annoying. This is spam and should be avoided. Please go to video promotion threads and add your links there instead.
The above user has commented on numerous videos of mine with the same link. That's even worse. I'm certainly not going to watch a video that many times. In fact, any links posted like this will be ignored.

Revids

Just to add, please don't go to the 'Video Promotion' section and post video links, as far as I understand it, this isn't what that section is for. I think the only section for posting video links is the 'Promote Your Videos Here' section.

As Chris posted in the announcements section
any user caught spamming on our website or another website, will have their account immediately suspended.
Please do not spam.

any links posted like this will be ignored.
I delete any comment on my videos that are spam and not a genuine contribution to the video. Not everyone seems to do this though, the only reason I can think of is that they get so much spam they don't want to waste lots of time deleting comments.

Hopefully Rumble is suspending the accounts involved in this continuous spam.

Last edited:

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
Just to add, please DON'T go to the 'Video Promotion' section and spam video links, this is NOT what that section is for. The ONLY section for spamming video links is the 'Promote Your Videos Here' section.

As Chris posted in the announcements section

I delete any comment on my videos that are spam and not a genuine contribution to the video. Not everyone seems to do this though, the only reason I can think of is that they get so much spam they don't want to waste lots of time deleting comments.

Let's hope Rumble is sticking to their word and suspending the accounts involved in this continuous spam.
So what is the purpose of the video promotion section...????
I think we should agree that spamming video links isn't something to encourage either. I'm suggesting one link on an appropriate thread. Maybe you are too?

Revids

If you hover over any section it explains what the purpose of it is:

Untitled-1.jpg

It also says it at the top of the section once you've gone into it:

Capture.PNG

So this section is for discussions around how to best promote videos and how to increase the exposure on videos in general. It's not for people to try and increase exposure on their videos by just posting links to them. That's what the 'Promote your videos here' section is for. In the suggestions subforum thread I posted a while ago, I raised this exact issue regarding these two different sections:

On this topic, I think it's confusing to a lot of forum users that the 'Promote Your Videos Here' is the only place to link to their videos. They think that the 'Video promotion' subsection of the Creator forum is also for this purpose, which it is not. But you can see why they get confused by this as it's not very clear and there seems to be no post deletion or moderating of it. I would go as far to say that the 'Video promotion' subsection is a perfect example of being a free for all, it's just a mess and completely unused for it's intended purpose and might as well be removed if it isn't going to be moderated properly.
It just shows that even a long-standing forum member like yourself David can get confused about what each section is used for, so how are new members supposed to easily understand it?

Like you say definitely one link in the 'Promote your videos here' section only. By saying 'spamming' above I guess I didn't explain that correctly. Even in that section no-one should be spamming the same video links across multiple threads.

Last edited:

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
I'm only confused about one thing and that is why you are telling Rumble so much about how to run their business.
If people want to post links in one thread or another, I'm not so worried. My point was to do it on a relevant thread, not the comment section of a video.
It's not an issue of confusion.
I'd like this habit of you making me your example to stop.

Last edited:

Revids

You seem to have taken offence to me saying you were confused over the forum sections. I think they are confusing, I was initially confused by them, I'm sure other people are too just going by what has been posted within them.

why you are telling Rumble so much about how to run their business.
I'm not telling Rumble how to run their business at all. I'm providing suggestions and opinions from a new user's perspective. Is that not allowed? I'm always happy to be corrected if I'm mistaken in something I've said.

If people want to post links in one thread or another, I'm not so worried.
Part of your original post was advising people where to post their links on the forum. I offered extra advice as to where those links should be posted, that's all. I completely agree with you about people posting links on videos, it's just spam, it's annoying and shouldn't be happening.

I'd like this habit of you making me your example to stop.
Being a long-standing regular uploader on Rumble, standing out from the crowd for a lot of good reasons and a regular user of the forum, it's only natural that you've cropped up in a few threads (and it has only been a few). This one being your own thread, I haven't even singled you out as an example, I've just replied to something you've posted. Is that also not allowed?

In future I will try and refrain from mentioning you or your videos in posts I am writing, as you have clearly taken a great disliking to me doing that for some reason, even though this is a public platform where we are all open to praise or criticism for videos we create or things we post on the forum, including myself.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
What I'm not happy about is being singled out on another thread about music to be used as an example for what you see as a rules violation or conflict. I'm less concerned, but still unhappy to be the example about the forum organization.
I'm also not happy about the tone I've read in your threads directed at Rumble staff either. They have not mentioned anything to me, but I read a few posts as lectures more than suggestions. It's only my opinion that it wasn't as respectful as I think is appropriate.
You are certainly allowed to have opinions, express them, make suggestions or whatever you want to do. But I wouldn't be surprised if people react to what you say.
I believe it is all well intentioned, but I'm surprised at the amount of instruction in your posts.

Revids

I'm surprised that you aren't happy about what I said in the music thread, as reading it back, I used your video and another person's (purely because I'd recently seen them and remembered they had music in) to then go on to say that I assumed that you either made or obtained the music legitimately. I asked if you wanted to share where your music came from in the hopes that it could have been a great piece of advice and information for others users to benefit from. Reading your replies to me, I didn't get the sense that you were unhappy with what I'd said or asked at all. Maybe we'll just have to agree to disagree on this topic.

Tone in text is an easy thing to misinterpret, maybe that's what has happened here, I'm not sure, but I can say that my intentions are always good. I certainly don't intend to single people out in a negative way at all. Maybe I've come across as too assertive, or too thorough, that's just my personality (we're all different after all) but I really don't think I've been disrespectful in anything I've said. I'm sure if Rumble staff have an issue with anything I've said to them they would highlight this to me themselves. Maybe they are reading things differently to how you are, who knows 🤷‍♂️. I do get frustrated with being ignored by Rumble staff though, I must admit, (maybe that's why some of my posts come across the way they do), as I think when direct questions are asked, they could at least provide an answer, even if it's with an answer I might not have hoped for. Maybe the forum just isn't as good a place to communicate with Rumble staff as I had hoped it was.

In future I'll read back what I've written before posting and see if anything could be misinterpreted or deemed disrepectful. Reading back my initial post above, I can see how my first sentence may seem a bit abrupt and like I'm giving instructions, especially me using capitals how I did, I hold my hands up to that (I think I wrote it whilst I had a banging headache :LOL:), I'll edit it.

Hopefully to anyone reading my posts, they can see that I have good intentions and I genuinely just want to either learn more about using Rumble, provide suggestions, give opinions/feedback based on my own experiences or help other users if I can.