Scheduling

sloggervlogger

@Mario Can you tell us a bit more about the new scheduling feature? A video being scheduled, like say in a weeks time, is the decision being made of it being accepted for full management made before this or only once it goes live?

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Hey SV,

We'll be making an announcement on this feature soon. We're trying to get it perfect before it goes live.

All details will be included, but I can tell you in advance that videos will continue to be reviewed as they are now, regardless of the schedule date. So if you upload today and it's supposed to go live next month, you video will be reviewed as if it were to go live immediately.

sloggervlogger

Hey SV,

We'll be making an announcement on this feature soon. We're trying to get it perfect before it goes live.

All details will be included, but I can tell you in advance that videos will continue to be reviewed as they are now, regardless of the schedule date. So if you upload today and it's supposed to go live next month, you video will be reviewed as if it were to go live immediately.
That's great thank you for your speedy reply! :)

sloggervlogger

Is there no news yet about the scheduling? Is it still not perfect? I would like to use it, but I don't want there to be a fault with it and the video gets released early to the public or too late. Has anybody got any experience or used the scheduling? Did it work as it suppose to?

DavidMcNab

I wasn't sure how it would be advantageous to schedule a video for a later release. Under what circumstances would we want to do that?
My upload speed is so slow (poor internet provider here) that I can't upload much faster than three or four videos per day unless I go to a nearby city with a civilized provider.
I'm assuming that with fibre optics or higher speed, somebody could upload a dozen or more per day?

sloggervlogger

I wasn't sure how it would be advantageous to schedule a video for a later release. Under what circumstances would we want to do that?
My upload speed is so slow (poor internet provider here) that I can't upload much faster than three or four videos per day unless I go to a nearby city with a civilized provider.
I'm assuming that with fibre optics or higher speed, somebody could upload a dozen or more per day?
Hi David. For me scheduling would be good as I do this with my YouTube channel as well. My Youtube subscribers like regularity. So they can expect certain videos on certain days. So I can't release those videos early on Rumble, I want them to be released the same time as I release them on my Youtube channel. If I can then schedule those videos, here on Rumble the same as the YT videos than that would give me the freedom of not having to be near a computer at the same time to upload them here.

DavidMcNab

That makes sense. I was in the Galapagos Islands the last 3 weeks and the internet was so slow I could not actually upload. It would have been nice to have a few videos in line for uploading but I'm never that far ahead on the editing anyway.

sloggervlogger

Well I just answered my own question. Scheduling doesn't work properly yet. As there seems to be something wrong with approving the licence and it's stuck on pending. I'll just re-upload without scheduling now.