Rumble will go nowhere if...

KenMcDougal

Numbers, not number. Your phone number will be sold to hundreds.
That is true. Most of the time if I don't recognize the number, I just ignore it and don't answer it. Maybe the computer that dials the number will recognize that I am not picking up the line and just move onto somewhere else. To be honest, whether you put the number in there or not, your private information is being sold to people all the time anyway. I get emails constantly from people that I never signed up to their list.

Mario

Head of the Support Team
Staff member
Numbers, not number. Your phone number will be sold to hundreds.
This is mistaken, we take user privacy very seriously and have never or will ever sell user data. It would be extremely detrimental to us to violate the sanctity of of users information as we're trying to show exactly why doing that is what set us apart from big tech.

Any information your share with us stays strictly within the company, and since the introduction of the verification system we've seen a sharp decline in comments from bots, spammers, and disinformation agents. Only real people can comment in our videos nowadays.

And that authenticity of real users commenting combined with the fairness we've built into the foundation of our platforms is what's setting us apart and exploding our growth.

Jimcarroll

Not that I would send anyone to Youtube, but a guy named Tom Mabe recorded a hilarious interaction with a telemarketer there. Worth a search.

TomKatBooks

Can you guarantee that some lefty on your tech staff wouldn't dox someone that they don't agree with by passing the phone number to some Antifa/BLM thug?

In these, our troubled times, we cannot be too careful when crypto commies are involved.

KenMcDougal

This is mistaken, we take user privacy very seriously and have never or will ever sell user data. It would be extremely detrimental to us to violate the sanctity of of users information as we're trying to show exactly why doing that is what set us apart from big tech.

Any information your share with us stays strictly within the company, and since the introduction of the verification system we've seen a sharp decline in comments from bots, spammers, and disinformation agents. Only real people can comment in our videos nowadays.

And that authenticity of real users commenting combined with the fairness we've built into the foundation of our platforms is what's setting us apart and exploding our growth.
So glad to hear that Mario. It's comforting to know that you guys are different from a lot of other platforms. I'm Brand New to Rumble and I am liking what I see so far and I just think the platform is going to get better as time goes on.

TheMightyWarPig

A phone number being required to make a money transaction makes sense. But required to do something as simple as upload videos or leave comments? Completely unreasonable. This, in combination with having the default for "Revenue Options" being to have EVERYTHING (all notifications) selected makes me seriously doubt your statement of trying to be apart from "big tech." There's literally no reason to mandate a phone number, especially since there's plenty of programs out there to bypass SMS verification (yes, I know I could do this, but why waste the time when there's plenty of other platforms out there I can use without having to give yet another company my phone number).

Even "big tech" doesn't require a phone number to do something as simple as post videos or leave comments and it is ridiculous that rumble does.

There are plenty of other ways to establish human verification (oddly enough the "big tech" companies have figured it out....but I digress) that do not involve giving Rumble something as personal as a phone number.

Home address is optional, why the isn't a phone number?

Back to Youtube (where I can post videos and comment without having to give my phone number) until Rumble figures this out.

Eddychuck1

Thank you for clearing that up. People have a tendency to assume certain things b/c of bad experiences with other platforms.

DanCo

Judging by all the unknown calls I get. It seems everybody on the planet already has my number
LOL That cracked me up. I get at least 2 to 8 calls a day from spammers and now lately I get at least 2 to 5 texts a day from either weight lose sites and host of other things or fake UPS and FedEx sites saying my package can not be delivered even though I have no packages coming. I block every single one of them yet they just keep coming.

Brikul59

LOL That cracked me up. I get at least 2 to 8 calls a day from spammers and now lately I get at least 2 to 5 texts a day from either weight lose sites and host of other things or fake UPS and FedEx sites saying my package can not be delivered even though I have no packages coming. I block every single one of them yet they just keep coming.
Try
Judging by all the unknown calls I get. It seems everybody on the planet already has my number
Theres an app called hiya that does excellent job of screening spam.