Rumble Views Seems To Get Less And Less

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
I think this is a collective thing, not just one person. I don't think us writing to support with these issues is going to help as we are all wondering what is happening to rumble at the moment, especially the Rumble player, how everyone is having the same poor numbers since April.
Any earnings related issues aren't Rumble specific. If all your videos are making high CPM it means everyone in the industry is as well, if CPM is down, then everyone in the industry is down.

What sets us apart is the earnings split. we pay more than anyone else, and by having not only the site but our licensing team getting your content on partner sites, then we can try to get videos to reach more people than by simply having one or the other.

Online advertising is a hard business because the ad companies are always trying to pay as little as possible, while companies like us are trying to get as much as possible. But really, that's true to all industries, the sellers try to get s much as possible while the buyers try to pay as little as possible.

Is in our interest to get as much revenue for our creators as possible because we only make money when you do. Our piece of the pie is entirely dependent on the size of yours.

So while profits are low, trust us that we definitely understand. As a creator you see your own account generate less and less revenue or maybe you're having a hard time keeping up with trends that make the most money online; we deal with the same thing but in the largest scale possible because we have to account for every single one of our creators, and we have to properly strategize every single asset in our inventory to maximize your revenue.

This is not an isolated issue to your account, or to Rumble. Everyone is affected equally by the highs and lows of CPM, and all we can ask of you here at Rumble is to trust us with your content while we try to get the best results for you. Because of the constant changing nature of online advertising, sometimes Facebook, YouTube or Rumble may get better CPM than the others temporarily, but in the end they tend to equalize, what we place more emphasis on is what percentage of CPM you are receiving as a creator at the end of the day.

Tripwire

Something i have noticed that past week or two is that view counts have frozen....or something. My latest" kayakwr waves at sealion,sealion waves back" rose to just over 4k views, not a ton. But now in the last week there has not been any registered views. Is it the counters that are messed up? Also ANYONE ELSE HAVING ISSUES WITH THEIR COMMENTS SHOWING AN ERROR HERE AND DISAPPEARING RATHER THAN BEING POSTED? This is second try at this post.
Yes mine did that I tried to comment and it disappeared?

BenW

We're looking into this right now.

Data that's available to us is normally made available in the creator dashboard around the same time. There's not too many data points that require us to process them before publishing, but we are trying to get all information to become live as soon as we receive it, this is being done in order to add transparency and to minimize the wait time on the creators end. (We know it can get frustrating to see certain data like views, but not the associated earnings right away, but we're working on it).
Thanks for your answer Mario. I know you guys work hard to get all the information up to date as soon as possible and that it is dependent of the numbers that you get of others.

Well, what we all forget agian, is that we had introduced this new feature, that allows signed in users to not see ads. Which means, a growing Rumble and an intern circuit of content creators and content consumers are short-cutting themselfs.
Meaning: if I watch any content of yours guys, you won't earn anything on it. And let's face it. We really push hard to get eachother subscribed, so I think the same time last year, a pretty decent % of our earnings was coming from inside the Rumble community.

sloggervlogger

Well, what we all forget agian, is that we had introduced this new feature, that allows signed in users to not see ads. Which means, a growing Rumble and an intern circuit of content creators and content consumers are short-cutting themselfs.
Meaning: if I watch any content of yours guys, you won't earn anything on it. And let's face it. We really push hard to get eachother subscribed, so I think the same time last year, a pretty decent % of our earnings was coming from inside the Rumble community.
Yep, new things aren't always better.

If correct, then what if this was mentioned more openly to the rumblers, say via this new coming newsletter. Then we could all choose the opposite, to once again have ads seen by us on videos we choose to watch. Although, i know for a fact i chose that option and still do see ads when watching videos. Make sense?

On regarding the advert which i chose to not see when that option was offered. I just watched the video" red back spiders eats lizard" , and there was an advert at the beginning. The one thing i have noticed is many videos are not offering an option to leave a comment. There is no comment bar shown. So there definitely is some odd things happening within the site .

I have emailed support a few times in the last six months.. and their answer to my very sudden low earnings is because I haven’t uploaded enough content and that I can’t count on older videos to keep earning because they are replaced with new ones.

sloggervlogger

I have emailed support a few times in the last six months.. and their answer to my very sudden low earnings is because I haven’t uploaded enough content and that I can’t count on older videos to keep earning because they are replaced with new ones.
I do regular upload, but rumble player earnings are still low. Even on videos that went viral on my own YouTube channel. So those videos couldn't of been that bad.

DavidMcNab

I think this is a collective thing, not just one person. I don't think us writing to support with these issues is going to help as we are all wondering what is happening to rumble at the moment, especially the Rumble player, how everyone is having the same poor numbers since April.
I agree. It's a discussion involving a lot of people with similar questions. Maybe an email to support by one of us to ask them to follow a thread and address the questions is the best answer.

sloggervlogger

I agree. It's a discussion involving a lot of people with similar questions. Maybe an email to support by one of us to ask them to follow a thread and address the questions is the best answer.
I would definitely like to know more about what cseh_17 said. If that "new" feature could have anything to do with it. That shouldn't be too hard to find out for Rumble, if that was about the same time as we all noticed our rumble player earnings drop, than it does make you wonder. Maybe something need to change there? I'm not sure if we're getting any other answers as Mario did already reply, but you're definitely the best person to get the ball rolling @DavidMcNab :). And maybe a note to Rumble, we kept getting told that they are doing the right thing and we should trust them. WE Do! That's why we keep uploading! :) All we want is, if they know any thing that might cause it, to be open about it.

Last edited:
Remember when they implemented the no ads rule for content creators in January and this exact question came up? This was the response below:

chrisrumble
Administrator Staff member
Jan 6, 2018#6
@sloggervlogger Registered users account for less than 0.1% of revenue or less. It will be a negligible impact, this is why we chose to do it. At the same time, gives our loyal base a better experience.

sloggervlogger

Remember when they implemented the no ads rule for content creators in January and this exact question came up? This was the response below:

chrisrumble
Administrator Staff member
Jan 6, 2018#6
@sloggervlogger Registered users account for less than 0.1% of revenue or less. It will be a negligible impact, this is why we chose to do it. At the same time, gives our loyal base a better experience.
I did remember, but couldn't find the post. Registered users do grow all the time. So would be great to know what % is today. From reading through it I seemed to be the only person that opted out. When I look the Rumble Viral YouTube Channel, it has grown by quite a bit. Anyway it does feel like something has changed with the Rumble player. Whatever it might be.

DavidMcNab

I've been trying to make this a serious income now that I'm retired. In fact the Rumble earnings were part of my decision to retire when I did. I'm as concerned as the rest of us about the trend. But if it affects us to this extent, Rumble is affected equally. I think we will see earnings rise and fall. I'm hoping we see it pick up soon, but it seems like the content creators are still doing all the right things. I guess we just carry on and see what happens.

wow, i have never made a penny on youtube outside of rumbles youtube channel. Is that income made via your own channel?
Yes, That from my own channel. Rumble took some time to claim that video and it is still not claimed by the Rumble.
The only problem I face on youtube is the monetization of the video.
All of my videos reach about 1M views in a month or so and everytime i upload a video i get atleast 2k new sub on my channel. That means there are people who are looking for more videos.
Rumble may find a way to promote some strange videos like i create.
On my last video I got about 1.5M minutes of watch time and still about 10k viiews in 48hours .
I wish that was on rumble.

@Mario