Rumble - Video Battles for iOS out now!

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Hello Rumblers,

After a lot of work and a lot of excitement, we are really happy to announce our latest app is available on the App Store for iPhone and iPad.

We cannot wait for everyone to take it for a spin and tell us how you like it!

A big announcement for this is coming soon but those of you in the forum get the first look, as always.

Support for iOS 14 beta is not supported yet but it's coming soon.

Revids

Where is the most appropriate place to feedback on them? Post in this thread, or email someone specific at Rumble?

- Sometimes when I open the app (and go back after getting redirected to the appstore) on my first swipe the app will crash, but it happens intermittently.
- Whenever I open the app it auto redirects to the appstore to the 'Rumble Camera' app, which is a bit strange.
- A lot of the time I only get audio, the video doesn't show, just an empty grey box where the video should be
- On the winners section, it shows 3 winners and I have to click 'Show less' (which does nothing), then 'show more' will appear which I can select to then see all the winners. The 'show less' button isn't needed. This is the same for video winners and ticket winners.
- Sometimes audio just stops working and doesn't start again until I close the app and open it again
- When looking at the live leaderboard, if I select a video, sometimes the video will load, sometimes it won't but when it does play there's no option to mute the audio
- When looking at other sections in the app and then going back to the battle section, sometimes it's just frozen, the 'swipe' loading circle is frozen, no video is playing, there's no audio, but when I swipe it will all start working again.
- When I use the search function, I searched one of my videos 'Wheaten Terrier mom nursing 8 hungry puppies', the video page loads, and shows 257 rumbles, but when looking on my account, not inside the Battles app, it shows 147 rumbles. This is just one example, other videos show different rumble amounts too, very strange.
- When searching for a video, after going into the video and watching it, when i got back to the search results, sometimes the audio keeps playing in the background.

OK I think I'm done testing for now, too many app crashes and videos not playing are ruining the fun 😄 🤷‍♂️

BenW

Trustworthy Member
Yes yes yes, we would like ALL bug reports. This will help us get better quickly.
I just opened the app on my iPhone 7 (IOS 13.5.1) It works smoothly. Only I can't hear sound. (sound icon at the left of the video is on and my speaker is on)
Second little thing: If I watch the winners page and push on the button 'show all' it works, but when I change the date than the button shows "show less" with only 3 people shown(see images) Not a big deal, because when I tick the box again it shows "show all" and if I click on it for the second time it shows all winners.1595486434517.png

Last edited:

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
I love the look of the iOS app. I opened my android and iOS at the same time. There were big discrepancies in the vote numbers. Almost double. And the leaderboard positions were different.
Looking at my PC, it seems the android is the correct one.

Revids

That’s interesting David. I don’t have an Android phone so couldn’t check this. But looking on the iOS app, my current video is in 15th on the leaderboard, but on the website it’s not even in the top 50 😲 The iOS app also says it has 49 rumbles and the website says it has 29. I wonder if there’s some delay with 5 different sources (Android & iOS battle app and regular app and website) for rumbles and collating them together.

Attachments

BenW

Trustworthy Member
I love the look of the iOS app. I opened my android and iOS at the same time. There were big discrepancies in the vote numbers. Almost double. And the leaderboard positions were different.
Looking at my PC, it seems the android is the correct one.
Yes I see the same differences between my iPhone and PC. Can you hear audio, because that is not working on my iPhone.

Revids

When I went on the app today and started swiping videos I noticed my tickets were still at the same number from yesterday (177) and kept going up. I assumed it would sort itself out at the end of today's battle. I was at about 400 tickets (I was bored sat in a hospital waiting area 🤷‍♂️) but when going on the app this evening, they've gone back down to zero with 3 hours left on the battle :confused: If I start swiping again the tickets start counting up again.

Revids

When I went on the app today and started swiping videos I noticed my tickets were still at the same number from yesterday (177) and kept going up. I assumed it would sort itself out at the end of today's battle. I was at about 400 tickets (I was bored sat in a hospital waiting area 🤷‍♂️) but when going on the app this evening, they've gone back down to zero with 3 hours left on the battle :confused: If I start swiping again the tickets start counting up again.
This has happened again today. It reset to zero and I lost over 100 tickets with a couple of hours left on the battle ☹
The videos that are so short they stop you being able to continue swiping videos is getting super annoying too 😤 I think all videos should be a minimum of 6 seconds so it doesn’t break the app like it is currently.