Rumble Introduces Rumble Reel, Unlocking Access to Short-Form Digital Video

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
TORONTO, July 19, 2018 – Today Rumble formally introduced Rumble Reel, a storehouse of more than 40,000 brand-safe, digital videos available for editorial and commercial use. Producers, brands, broadcasters, content buyers and distributors can license, a-la-carte, short-form video from a vast, eclectic library. From “Priceless Moments,” “Strange Weather” and “Unusual Talents” to “Stupid Criminals,” “Dash Cam Footage,” and “Heroic Animals,” Rumble Reel hosts an entertaining and heartwarming marketplace of clips and footage, provided by individual creators and content partners who grant usage rights to Rumble.

“Together with our creators, we have assembled a treasure trove of authentic content that until now, has never been widely available for commercial use,” said Claudio Ramolo, Chief Content Officer, Rumble, Inc. “We continue to hear from morning news programs, clip shows, publishers and digital agencies around the world in search of very specific footage - Rumble Reel was introduced to serve them more efficiently, with a rights management platform that’s multi-channel ready and time zone agnostic. Our business is centered on intelligently managing digital video rights across the world and Rumble Reel brings that to scale.”

Historically, the ability to license videos that are exclusive to Rumble, was available only available to Rumble’s customers who adopted the Rumble video player. With Rumble Reel, producers, brands, broadcasters and content buyers and distributors around the world can download video with a few clicks. Once an account is established and verified, customers can browse for videos available for license, add them to their digital shopping cart and then download the video files directly.

Videos on Rumble Reel have been pre-screened for copyright, rated for performance potential and approved as ‘brand safe,’ by leveraging artificial intelligence that analyzes over 2000 variables for each video at the point of upload. Creators who post on Rumble expand their audience and receive cut of the proceeds when Rumble licenses out their videos.

Licensed videos on Rumble Reel are available immediately, starting at US$150 to members. Pricing is tiered by domain viewing platform, social media usage, and license duration. From the home page, click “Rumble Reel” on the left-side navigation. After selecting videos, members who are logged in can click the “License Now” button, located under the video, for pricing options and proceed to checkout. For bulk and geo-restricted licensing, please contact licensing@rumble.com.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
I wondered what Rumble reel was the other day. Does that mean as soon as they press that "Licence now" button and they pay, we see it straight away on our account or how long does it take?
Hi SV,

This is a great question.

We will be paying these earnings at the end of the following month when they were licensed.
For example, if a video is licensed any day during January, we would pay you towards the end of February. The best part of this new licensing style is that your earnings will go straight to finalized, they will not show up under estimated at all.

Towards the end of the following month when your video was licensed the earnings will show up in your finalized earnings and they'll be ready for creators to cashout immediately. The cashout wait time as it currently stands still applies.

DavidMcNab

This is excellent. One more way to earn revenue. I believe it will also create further searches and lead to more views if the video gets this sort of exposure. Great job!

sloggervlogger

I had one in May, before the Rumble reel, but that income hasn't arrived yet.
How did you find out, can you see they bought it in your accounts? I had a few requests as well from a TV company, but since than no other information. Not sure if they really bought it or what actually happened in the end. I wish Rumble would be a bit more transparent about this. I never minded the long wait, but I would of liked to known the outcome if it got sold. If they told me yes it has, but it takes 6 month for payment - that would be fine.

DavidMcNab

How did you find out, can you see they bought it in your accounts? I had a few requests as well from a TV company, but since than no other information. Not sure if they really bought it or what actually happened in the end. I wish Rumble would be a bit more transparent about this. I never minded the long wait, but I would of liked to known the outcome if it got sold. If they told me yes it has, but it takes 6 month for payment - that would be fine.
RightThisMinute.com contacted me through facebook and I referred them to Rumble via email to support. I then told Mario that the channel wanted a version of my calf rescue video without text. I re-edited and uploaded one that night. They had the video on their show a day or two later.
That was in May and Mario told me to expect payment much later. I think he mentioned November but nothing has been finalized yet.
I know what you mean, the wait doesn't bother me, it's the uncertainty. I just keep wondering if somehow there was an accounting error.
Hopefully, I'll know soon.
Over a year ago, Santander bank bought two of my clips and featured them in a commercial that was on televiusion daily in the UK for a few months. Those two clips netted me $6600. I was very well represented by Rumble and I was more than happy with the deal. But I think payment took about 4 months in that case.
Similar deals through my own YouTube channel before my Rumble career started resulted in $200 per clip. I think you see the advantage to having Rumble manage the negotiations on our behalf.

sloggervlogger

RightThisMinute.com contacted me through facebook and I referred them to Rumble via email to support. I then told Mario that the channel wanted a version of my calf rescue video without text. I re-edited and uploaded one that night. They had the video on their show a day or two later.
That was in May and Mario told me to expect payment much later. I think he mentioned November but nothing has been finalized yet.
I know what you mean, the wait doesn't bother me, it's the uncertainty. I just keep wondering if somehow there was an accounting error.
Hopefully, I'll know soon.
Over a year ago, Santander bank bought two of my clips and featured them in a commercial that was on television daily in the UK for a few months. Those two clips netted me $6600. I was very well represented by Rumble and I was more than happy with the deal. But I think payment took about 4 months in that case.
Similar deals through my own YouTube channel before my Rumble career started resulted in $200 per clip. I think you see the advantage to having Rumble manage the negotiations on our behalf.
Thank you for that David, much appreciated! Wow, I thought I had some pretty good video sales in my time, but the Santander deal blows that all out of the water! I definitely agree it's much easier to let Rumble deal with the negotiation. I tried a few times on my own and I suck at making my own deals lol.