Rumble Battles, a very strange game? Are there the right winners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, after few weeks of watching how is working Rumble Battles and compering with my videos that participated also in this game, my conclusion is that: even I had enough rumbles (rumbles that I wined in the time of vote, not after when the vote closed), I was amazed to see that my video(s) is not between the first 10.
I am not the only one that observed that.
What are the criterias to win? Why videos with less rumbles that my videos win?
Is there something that I miss? Are the videos chose preferential?
I invite also another members that observed this situation, to participate to this discussion and to tell them experience about Rumble Battles.

brenmichelle

I think the number we see is the “net” number of positives versus negatives. I think they count the total positives without regard to the negatives so the number is different. I’m not sure if that makes sense, but that was my assumption.

chrisrumble

Administrator
Staff member
For clarity, the App is only available in specific countries. This also means, for now cash prizes are only awarded to participants in the actual battle from those countries. Leaderboards will show all Rumble videos, but winners are selected based on battle participants, and battle participants are only chosen from select countries.

This also means users trying to get around the country restrictions will be considered as defrauding our system, and will risk their accounts being suspended. Please do not try to circumvent country restrictions while your country is not yet added to the list of approved countries.

Last edited:
Hi! Thanks for your answer. Just to be sure, if I am from a country where the app is not working, even if people vote for my videos, I can't win because the app is not available in my country?
And another question : at the beginning of this app, I won few battles. I must understand that now this is not working anymore and rumble changed the rules? If it is like that, I think it is correct to anunce that the members where is not working Rumble Battles, can't win, even they participate.
Sorry for my bad English and I must tell you, even I used Google translate for to understand better your answer.

For clarity, the App is only available in specific countries. This also means, for now cash prizes are only awarded to participants in the actual battle from those countries. Leaderboards will show all Rumble videos, but winners are selected based on battle participants, and battle participants are only chosen from select countries.

This also means users trying to get around the country restrictions will be considered as defrauding our system, and will risk their accounts being suspended. Please do not try to circumvent country restrictions while your country is not yet added to the list of approved countries.

cdngreenwaterdiver

Hi! Thanks for your answer. Just to be sure, if I am from a country where the app is not working, even if people vote for my videos, I can't win because the app is not available in my country?
And another question : at the beginning of this app, I won few battles. I must understand that now this is not working anymore and rumble changed the rules? If it is like that, I think it is correct to anunce that the members where is not working Rumble Battles, can't win, even they participate.
Sorry for my bad English and I must tell you, even I used Google translate for to understand better your answer.
I understand it as that if the app is not available to you in your country, as you mention it is not available to you, then you can not win the prize.

Oh, OK. So the rules was changing, because at the beginning, all the countries were allowed to win, even I won some battles 😊.
Is better to know, because this battle motivated me to try to do better videos.
Now, as my videos never get full distribution, I will post rarely.
I understand it as that if the app is not available to you in your country, as you mention it is not available to you, then you can not win the prize.

nademedeiros

Until last week we could still win a Video Battle even if we didn't have the app, I mean, after all, we do receive an email saying that "you'll also be participating in the Rumble Battle tomorrow"... it doesn't make any sense to participate in the battle if we can't win...

Yep... I have the app and saw that my video finished in 6th place yesterday... I didn't win the $5 dollars, though.
From what country are you dear?
And honest, I don't know how Rumble chose the winners. I was thinking that just the members where is not working the app have this problem, to don't win, but I can see now, even the members that have the app have this problem. I am really sorry that they didn't gave you your prize... I think someone from the staff must clarify the situation.... If they want... and if they care about us.

nademedeiros

From what country are you dear?
And honest, I don't know how Rumble chose the winners. I was thinking that just the members where is not working the app have this problem, to don't win, but I can see now, even the members that have the app have this problem. I am really sorry that they didn't gave you your prize... I think someone from the staff must clarify the situation.... If they want... and if they care about us.
The thing is that they unblocked my country because I asked, but then blocked it again, so I was able to download it, but even though I can use the app, it's useless now.

chrisrumble

Administrator
Staff member
Yep... I have the app and saw that my video finished in 6th place yesterday... I didn't win the $5 dollars, though.
Hi Everyone,

The battle is a BETA program and its only released in 19 countries. Everyone who doesn't win in the Battle, is because they are not in the country where the App is available. If you were rewarded in the past, its because it was an unintended consequence of launching it in BETA. If you'd like to check if the app is available in your country, it will be available in the Google Play Store. If its not there, your country doesn't qualify.

We hope to bring this program to both the iPhone and to more countries in the future. At this time, for various reasons, its a limited program to specific countries and devices while we test and prove out the App.

Status
Not open for further replies.