Roku Apps

AdrianVarney

I have this issue reported in another forum. I don't know how existing users dealt with this problem for so long. The search function needs work.
I see two different Roku apps. One automatically plays cat vids. The other allows me to choose the cat vid to watch. Neither allows me to view the Devin Nunes, nor the Dan Bongino podcasts. Are there any plans to address this?

Thanks ...

Madino1

Me too. I would love to get directly to Rumble from an app on my Roku TV. Hey, I could replace my Roku YouTube app with it.

HandsomePotato

The good news is that they have been working on the Rumble app. The bad news it that it's now completely Borked. It now defaults to a search screen, but the search function is totally broken.

Wait, I just got an update ... search is working, but it doesn't seem to be able to find podcast channels by name.
And still no facility to log into my account.
Still, it's encouraging that there is some movement here!!!

Ah ha! There is now a "Podcast" catagory, where we can choose from a few recent podcasts. Not quite there yet, but this is progress! Thank you!

Gee wiz ... lots of buffering!!!!!!

Sorry, the app is unwatchable, due to CONSTANT buffering.

Last edited:

gkstep

I have the same issue. Dan's daily podcast buffers or stops repeatedly, still unwatchable on the Roku App. I am still using my Android phone and casting to my TV. Glad to see the progress.

dlcurry

I've sent in my bug/nit list, in addition to those previously mentioned:
Roku: White-ish screen when FFwd/rev/pause, can't see where in video so I have to guess how far I've moved.
Browser (Chrome): hovering over timebar should show thumbnail and time. FFwd/rev hotkeys needed.
Browser and Roku, et al.: Timebar should show current time in video at the end of the green bar, and full time at the end of the bar itself. The current count-up is useless.

JQ1776

I see two different Roku apps. One automatically plays cat vids. The other allows me to choose the cat vid to watch. Neither allows me to view the Devin Nunes, nor the Dan Bongino podcasts. Are there any plans to address this?

Thanks ...
Exactly. I can’t sign into my account from my TV. No link between my ipad and TV app either to watch my own feed And choose what I want to watch. I also have buffering issues on every alternative platform, which makes me think my internet provider and Roku are censoring thru the back door. I suddenly cant mirror any alternative platforms either. Videos fail to load, buffering, audio slowed down and so on. So the Roku mirroring app is dysfunctional suddenly too. Im so fed up.

JQ1776

The good news is that they have been working on the Rumble app. The bad news it that it's now completely Borked. It now defaults to a search screen, but the search function is totally broken.

Wait, I just got an update ... search is working, but it doesn't seem to be able to find podcast channels by name.
And still no facility to log into my account.
Still, it's encouraging that there is some movement here!!!

Ah ha! There is now a "Podcast" catagory, where we can choose from a few recent podcasts. Not quite there yet, but this is progress! Thank you!

Gee wiz ... lots of buffering!!!!!!

Sorry, the app is unwatchable, due to CONSTANT buffering.
I tried to search a channel and the Roku app just dumped me out before I even got done typing!

Heartfortruth

Yes! Searching a channel on Roku on TV is impossible for me also. It slings me right out of the app. I can search for a video title, barely. What returns isn't in alpha order. But even if I find the video I'm seeking, it won't play properly.