Rejected videos - copyright but it's my film!

This is my third message on this subject. Are you going to answer me? Or are you going to leave the situation as is, that you call me a thief and a fraudster within an hour of joining your so called service and can’t be bothered to reply by email or on your forum and leave me - an award winning film producer - with no choice but to cancel my account and tell as many people as I can of your rude and thereafter unresponsive behaviour?

Mike McDougall

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
This is my third message on this subject. Are you going to answer me? Or are you going to leave the situation as is, that you call me a thief and a fraudster within an hour of joining your so called service and can’t be bothered to reply by email or on your forum and leave me - an award winning film producer - with no choice but to cancel my account and tell as many people as I can of your rude and thereafter unresponsive behaviour?

Mike McDougall
Mike,

We didn't call you a "thief and a fraudster", our system detected that you had submitted content that possibly contained copyrighted content and you were sent an automatic email indicating so, which is far from the same thing.

If you use copyright free music on your videos you cannot claim the content to be exclusively owned, even if you are using creative commons. Every single bit of content in your videos must belong to you, if that's the case and your video is rejected then you may appeal it. But content may still be rejected is the content is unfit for the platform.

Mario,

If you accuse someone of stealing copyright and trying to make money from other people's work then that's EXACTLY what you are doing. I find your attitude arrogant and insensitive. You should be apologising for insulting a customer, especially as reviewing other threads - have you? - reveals I'm not the only one experiencing this and feeling that they are being treated rudely. The wording of your auto response needs to be changed to express an 'innocent until proven guilty'/'sorry about this but the following is the issue' tone instead of the very brusque message currently sent out.

I have the following suggestions while I ponder whether or not to continue on Rumble:

1) you need to change your attitude. You're supposed to be a service company so you need to act like it. Perhaps you don't accurately represent your company but your response is unpleasant and very off putting - an immediate denial with no apology. Poor customer communication.

2) your message to me stated that you rejected my video for 'video copyright' issues, nothing to do with sound. Half of the issues you create could be avoided by stating the reasons accurately. I can easily edit out the offending MUSIC - which you say is the issue - and resubmit. Again, poor communication.

3) once you have made 2) more clear, simply add the facility for customers to upload the permissions or rights they have already purchased to use music - problem solved! Or make it clear in your onboarding process - which is clunky and uninformative - that you must have all rights to music used and even copyright free music will not be accepted.

I expected better - especially better manners - from what I understand is a Canadian company. I'll probably give Rumble another chance - to make money from my creativity, which is what this is all about - but I'll expect to feel that I'm being treated as a client and business partner, not a con artist chancer.

Mike

BenW

Trustworthy Member
Mario,

If you accuse someone of stealing copyright and trying to make money from other people's work then that's EXACTLY what you are doing. I find your attitude arrogant and insensitive. You should be apologising for insulting a customer, especially as reviewing other threads - have you? - reveals I'm not the only one experiencing this and feeling that they are being treated rudely. The wording of your auto response needs to be changed to express an 'innocent until proven guilty'/'sorry about this but the following is the issue' tone instead of the very brusque message currently sent out.

I have the following suggestions while I ponder whether or not to continue on Rumble:

1) you need to change your attitude. You're supposed to be a service company so you need to act like it. Perhaps you don't accurately represent your company but your response is unpleasant and very off putting - an immediate denial with no apology. Poor customer communication.

2) your message to me stated that you rejected my video for 'video copyright' issues, nothing to do with sound. Half of the issues you create could be avoided by stating the reasons accurately. I can easily edit out the offending MUSIC - which you say is the issue - and resubmit. Again, poor communication.

3) once you have made 2) more clear, simply add the facility for customers to upload the permissions or rights they have already purchased to use music - problem solved! Or make it clear in your onboarding process - which is clunky and uninformative - that you must have all rights to music used and even copyright free music will not be accepted.

I expected better - especially better manners - from what I understand is a Canadian company. I'll probably give Rumble another chance - to make money from my creativity, which is what this is all about - but I'll expect to feel that I'm being treated as a client and business partner, not a con artist chancer.

Mike
Sorry Mike but I feel the need to react on your comment, because I think your comment is not fair on some points
. I've been a member since 6 years here on Rumble and I'm pretty satisfied with how Rumble works and the help they give when needed.

Mario explained it well in my opinion that their system detected your video and an automatic email was sent. Your email message was something like this:: "Unfortunately your video " Name of your video!" was rejected for "We believe this video contains copyrighted video".
Is this message accusing you of stealing? It only tells you that there is probably (we believe) copyrighted material in your video. So you can have a look yourself what the problem could be or explain to Rumble that it is yours, by sending a mail to support@rumble.com.

In my opinion the response of Mario wasn't unpleasant or arrogant but informative, I have also videos on YouTube and Vimeo, but on those platforms you don't have forums where you can get answers of staff members directly. I had a video on YouTube that was deleted without any notification and I still don't know why. I don't always agree with certain choices here on Rumble too, but you can always discuss about it and get answers (sometimes not what you hoped for)

Your third suggestion is a good idea.

Hope you can make money out of your creativity here on Rumble.

Last edited:

sloggervlogger

Mario,

Mike
I agree with what @BenW said, that there was nothing arrogant or insensitive about what @Mario said. He took the time to let you know that you cannot claim the content to be exclusively owned, even if you are using creative commons.
You said "you give Rumble another chance" It's more like you're lucky if Rumble gives you another chance on their platform. Yes maybe the automated email could have included audio, but if you read the agreement that you agreed to in the first place you would have known that it has to be all your material and you can't make money from other people's audio or video on this platform.

Tuan1987

Hi guys, I have a problem with my video creation and uploading of Rumble, but it was rejected for the reason that contains copyrighted content, but the problem is that my video does not contain audio or video. someone else's photo but was still denied for copyright reasons, I feel that it's unfair to me who created the video but got rejected for unreasonable reasons. Hope you please help me to me. Because I am a new member and come from Vietnam where I live is still difficult, I hope you can advise me on what video content is suitable for Rumble to be considered successfully. Best regards.

BenW

Trustworthy Member
Hi guys, I have a problem with my video creation and uploading of Rumble, but it was rejected for the reason that contains copyrighted content, but the problem is that my video does not contain audio or video. someone else's photo but was still denied for copyright reasons, I feel that it's unfair to me who created the video but got rejected for unreasonable reasons. Hope you please help me to me. Because I am a new member and come from Vietnam where I live is still difficult, I hope you can advise me on what video content is suitable for Rumble to be considered successfully. Best regards.
First of all it is a video platform, so i think they won't accept a slideshow of photos. Secondly if the photos were somebody elses and you dont have the rights than you can't sell them here. Videos can also been rejected because it doesn't fit the platform, isn't funny, interesting, special, surprising etc
Take a look at the videos that do well, so you have an idea what to upload and what works well. Good luck and best regards,

Tuan1987

First of all it is a video platform, so i think they won't accept a slideshow of photos. Secondly if the photos were somebody elses and you dont have the rights than you can't sell them here. Videos can also been rejected because it doesn't fit the platform, isn't funny, interesting, special, surprising etc
Take a look at the videos that do well, so you have an idea what to upload and what works well. Good luck and best regards,
thank you it's a video of my puppy pet and it's a video not a picture, thank you so much for your suggestions.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member

Mike McDougall
Mike,
I will tell you first that I am also an "award winning film producer" because I won "Creator of the week" here on Rumble. There are many award winning producers here, so welcome to a very exclusive club.
These messages smack of arrogance and condescension. You're being rude to Mario who is very helpful and informative.
Many people come here and try to tell Rumble that they should feel honoured by their presence and that they have suggestions to make it better. Suggestions are fine, but demands are not.
Rumble works great for many of us. You would do well to treat the first few months as an opportunity for growth and learning.
Don't take things personally and become insulting. You'll find the forum, and Mario, to be very friendly.

nabam

Many of my own home made videos have been rejected i have emailed your support service 3 times and had NO response. This is unfair and i need answers or i will have to close my account 😡

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
Your content seems to be the problem. Not much is unique about the videos. I think people here are telling you and you're not believing them.
Your black sidebars are a problem. Turn your camera to landscape mode for a better picture.
Film with less shakiness.
Support does not have time, nor the need to tell people how to produce better content.
Watch editor picks, top earners, and the videos of regular members. You will see a lot of difference.
Rumble can promote a limited number of videos and that's why the promotion works. You are competing with a lot of other people who are doing things very well.

SecondLite

As a filmmaker new to this platform, reading about this gives me pause. I have not uploaded anything to rumble yet.

BenW

Trustworthy Member
As a filmmaker new to this platform, reading about this gives me pause. I have not uploaded anything to rumble yet.
There are a lot filmmakers here on this platform doing pretty well. I haven't had a rejected video in all these years (6 years) If you have some interesting, funny, surprising videos made by yourself try it.