Referrals

Why doesn't anything show up in my referrals page? I know my videos have been on msn yahoo aol & more since May! I keep hearing people talk about the referrals page what is it for? Thx in advance

Referrals are people who subscribed with Rumble on your recommendation; on that page you should see a link (in my case: https://rumble.com/register/DoxiePom/), and when people register on Rumble using this link and start uploading content, you will receive 5% of their finalized earnings from Rumble.

More info here: https://community.rumble.com/discussion/6083/refer-creators-to-rumble-and-get-paid/p1

This has nothing to do with MSN, Yahoo! or AOL, those are 3rd parties. Earnings from this should be paid out this / next month.

DavidMcNab

To clarify, the 5% comes from Rumble's earnings. It doesn't cost the referred content creator a penny.
I believe it is 5% of Rumble's comission, which is 5% of 40% of all ad revenue. The earnings that you see reported on your channel are 60% of the total ad revenue.
For example, If my video earns me $100 then it was actually $167 in total ad revenue. It earns Rumble $66.80.
The referrer receives $3.34.
I'll ask Mario to clarify and ensure I'm correct. If it's 5% of TOTAL ad revenue for the referrer, then that's a lot better. It would be $8.35.
It's difficult to have referrer earnings amount to much, but the small amounts continue forever, so they will definitely add up in the long run.
I'm hoping Mario will clarify that the earnings do indeed continue idefinitely for the referrer.
@Mario

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
To clarify, the 5% comes from Rumble's earnings. It doesn't cost the referred content creator a penny.
I believe it is 5% of Rumble's comission, which is 5% of 40% of all ad revenue. The earnings that you see reported on your channel are 60% of the total ad revenue.
For example, If my video earns me $100 then it was actually $167 in total ad revenue. It earns Rumble $66.80.
The referrer receives $3.34.
I'll ask Mario to clarify and ensure I'm correct. If it's 5% of TOTAL ad revenue for the referrer, then that's a lot better. It would be $8.35.
It's difficult to have referrer earnings amount to much, but the small amounts continue forever, so they will definitely add up in the long run.
I'm hoping Mario will clarify that the earnings do indeed continue idefinitely for the referrer.
@Mario
The 5% is calculated the same way the 60%/40% split is calculated.

Meaning, if there's a referrer, the split is 60%/35%/5% Creator/Rumble/referrer respectively.

DavidMcNab

The 5% is calculated the same way the 60%/40% split is calculated.

Meaning, if there's a referrer, the split is 60%/35%/5% Creator/Rumble/referrer respectively.
Thanks for the clarification Mario. That's actually good news.
I hope you'll also confirm that referrer comission continues as long as the referral creator is earning money?
Can you advise Mario, is there a system with respect to timing of the payments to the referrer? Are they paid monthly or at different intervals?
@Mario
Thank you

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
I hope you'll also confirm that referrer comission continues as long as the referral creator is earning money?
Can you advise Mario, is there a system with respect to timing of the payments to the referrer? Are they paid monthly or at different intervals?
@Mario
Thank you
Hi David,

The referral fees are normally paid once a month at the discretion of the finance team (They chose the date to process the payment).

For the 5% fee to reach your account your referee must have the amount in their finalized earnings first; once your referee gets their finalized payments you can expect your 5% payment within the next month.

DavidMcNab

Hi David,

The referral fees are normally paid once a month at the discretion of the finance team (They chose the date to process the payment).

For the 5% fee to reach your account your referee must have the amount in their finalized earnings first; once your referee gets their finalized payments you can expect your 5% payment within the next month.
Thanks Mario. Much appreciated.