Recently Sold Videos, How are they Doing?

DavidMcNab

I have only sold one outright. I did it to avoid the copyright. It sold for $10 and when it only got 1000 views, I thought I had chosen well. The third party views came it at 158,000 more and I realized I had lost considerable money.
But the point of the video was to promote a cancer fundraiser so my main objective was to get views, not make a profit. Either way, this supports the notion that video management is your best option.

BenW

@DavidMcNab Yes that could be: looking for frogs and things. It was a funny scenery to watch.
Yes In my opinion video management is the best option. I had one video on limited distribution, but it didn't do so well.

earthlinglove

Hi everyone. They closed my discussion without me receiving an answer. I have looked and looked at previous posts and cannot find out HOW LONG it takes to receive third party earnings. From September 2015- April 2016 I was loving Rumble but now, not so much! I am not getting my third party earnings on videos that did go (very) modestly viral, but enough for some extra money!! :(

DavidMcNab

Third party payouts for me were Sept 2, 16 and 23. These were for February, March and April. I saw the views jump on the counter several weeks before payout. I expect one soon for videos uploaded in May. I think it will be each month on average for videos that are 6 months old. I'm not sure though, because it has not been completely regular.
I think the average is about $2 per thousand views. I've made a lot more each month on third party payouts than Rumble and YouTube combined.

DavidMcNab

That's OK. Happy to help. That's my one suggestion for Rumble: explain the earnings so that the creators aren't left guessing. Once you reach 6 or 7 months, the pattern becomes more obvious but people are impatient before that point.