Promoting videos for more earnings.

DavidMcNab

As we all know, a video that receives Front Page Promotion will be on MSN, Yahoo, AOL, and several other platforms. It obviously gets play on the Rumble platform too, which is growing in popularity. That's one of the most lucrative platforms for us, the content creators, also.
We will almost always see our fully promoted videos on Rumble Viral YouTube channel too. Although YouTube isn't such an impressive platform when you compare it to Rumble, the Rumble Viiral channel on YouTube has gained an impressive 670,000 subscribers. When you consider that, views on there can actually amount to decent earnings. Rumble's promotion of our work is hard to beat.
But there is another way that videos can make money that a lot of people aren't always aware of. Commercial agencies and advertisers, as well as online shows and channels, will often seek out licensing opportunities from Rumble. That means you will be paid for them to use your video. I've had this happen with two clips for Santander Bank, and a third time recently for RightThisMinute dot com. I know of others on here who have had this happen. The bank commercial paid me several thousand dollars for each of two clips. The amount for the recent licensing deal hasn't reached my account yet so I'm unsure.
With the bank commercial, Rumble was contacted directly and emailed me. With the recent one on my calf video, RightThisMinute reached out to me through FaceBook and I referred them to Mario. This was due to a FB share that I did.
Similar deals through my personal YouTube channel in the past resulted in a payout of only several hundred. Obviously, licensing through Rumble is much better than we can ever negotiate on our own.

What's important here is that we realize that Rumble provides a huge, even if infrequent, opportunity for earnings in this way. Also, sharing a video on social media can lead to your video being discovered. Don't forget to promote your videos AFTER approval. These opportunities can come out of the blue even after your video seems to have been forgotten.

So obviously even though Facebook is not currently a monetized platform it pays to display your promoted videos there in case a company is interested in licensing your clip. With the amount of Facebook users, it's great exposure for your videos.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
So obviously even though Facebook is not currently a monetized platform it pays to display your promoted videos there in case a company is interested in licensing your clip. With the amount of Facebook users, it's great exposure for your videos.
You can always share the Rumble link, it does redirect people to Rumble but on FB they will see the title and thumbnail of your video, we do actually get a lot of traffic that way and a lot of new users too.

DavidMcNab

I hope Mario corrects me if this is wrong, but sharing the link that takes people to Rumble counts as a view for earnings. Sharing of the FaceBook version on Rumble's FB page will not.
But I am certain that both of these have increased the understanding that Rumble is a video platform. People are understanding that YouTube is not the only one. This means more subscribers to the Rumble Viral Channel, which benefits us all.

One other way to make money is to upload to your own YouTube channel, even if you aren't monetized. Those videos that are on Rumble AND your YouTube channel will result in a copyright claim by Rumble and earnings for us from your views. It's a way of circumventing YouTube's policies, which I get satisfaction from, plus it means a few extra pennies. In some cases, dollars.

I hope Mario corrects me if this is wrong, but sharing the link that takes people to Rumble counts as a view for earnings. Sharing of the FaceBook version on Rumble's FB page will not.
But I am certain that both of these have increased the understanding that Rumble is a video platform. People are understanding that YouTube is not the only one. This means more subscribers to the Rumble Viral Channel, which benefits us all.

One other way to make money is to upload to your own YouTube channel, even if you aren't monetized. Those videos that are on Rumble AND your YouTube channel will result in a copyright claim by Rumble and earnings for us from your views. It's a way of circumventing YouTube's policies, which I get satisfaction from, plus it means a few extra pennies. In some cases, dollars.

Hi David,

I appreciate all your responses in all the forums. I was wondering do you ever do Facebook ads for your approved videos for extra promoting? Just curious what other ways do you promote your videos? Would to hear what others do as well?

DavidMcNab said: One other way to make money is to upload to your own YouTube channel, even if you aren't monetized. Those videos that are on Rumble AND your YouTube channel will result in a copyright claim by Rumble and earnings for us from your views. It's a way of circumventing YouTube's policies, which I get satisfaction from, plus it means a few extra pennies. In some cases, dollars.

I know that our copyright claimed videos were monetized on our personal YouTube channels in the past but I believe that once the new rule came into effect in February about the amount of required subscribers and view time on your own channel came into play--I no longer see any monetization on my Rumble claimed videos on my personal YouTube. Only the videos appearing on Rumbles Viral YouTube channel appear to be monetized. That is the case for me anyway.., I think you require
4,000 hours of annual viewing time and over 1,000 subscribers. It's possible that you have over 1000 subscribers on your own YouTube channel. Sadly, most of us don't.

DavidMcNab

I've never thought about paid FB ads to promote videos. I always assumed that the cost would outweigh the benefit. I may have something to learn there though.

If you post a video on your channel and you get a copyright claim, Rumble earns money on your views and you do too. I still get claims on mine. I'm at half of the required subscribers with little hope of reaching 1,000. But Rumble uploads will make money on every copy out there.