Promising start and then practically nothing....

Hi all,

My first couple of days on Rumble with a single video were really promising, since then I have uploaded another half a dozen videos, some have limited approval, but another got put on 'Rumble front page', but the results are getting less and less spectacular..... is there something I am doing wrong?

1529588243823.png

Thanks in advance

Andy

DavidMcNab

Andy, the counters and stats won't always be up to date. I suggest that you keep uploading and trying to learn what's working. Eventually, the earnings will start to show. But waiting until they do is lost time. I didn't figure things out for a few months. It's a bit confusing at first.

I'm curious as to how long it takes for the YouTube views to show up in your account. My video from May 29th has over 15,000 views on Rumble's YouTube page, yet my total views for that video in my account only show about 1200 total views. @DavidMcNab I don't think your views for the cow video have caught up either. YouTube must be very slow to report this month.
View: https://youtu.be/bp3Y_ccHKeA

View: https://youtu.be/1LuafpGEMHE

I'm curious as to how long it takes for the YouTube views to show up in your account. My video from May 29th has over 15,000 views on Rumble's YouTube page, yet my total views for that video in my account only show about 1200 total views. @DavidMcNab I don't think your views for the cow video have caught up either. YouTube must be very slow to report this month.
View: https://youtu.be/bp3Y_ccHKeA

View: https://youtu.be/1LuafpGEMHE
Yes it seems very slow. Only a few days ago, our last month got updated.

DavidMcNab

I watch the stats and analytics earnings and my estimated earnings. I can't really watch all the view counters and I don't think they update in most cases for many months.
The video "Cow asks man to rescue her newborn calf" was updated in my earnings stats at 1.6M about a week ago. I was very pleased to see the ECPM was $1.09. With Rumble views, a count like that would have been double the earnings, but no complaints. It's still getting about 100,000 views most days.
Interestingly, I had somebody from an online show ask about licensing. It was aired so I expect a little sugar coming my way from there too. I've had 3 videos get picked up like this now.
It seems YouTube earnings get updated about every 2-3 weeks. I don't mind the delay. It all ends up in my pocket eventually :)

I watch the stats and analytics earnings and my estimated earnings. I can't really watch all the view counters and I don't think they update in most cases for many months.
The video "Cow asks man to rescue her newborn calf" was updated in my earnings stats at 1.6M about a week ago. I was very pleased to see the ECPM was $1.09. With Rumble views, a count like that would have been double the earnings, but no complaints. It's still getting about 100,000 views most days.
Interestingly, I had somebody from an online show ask about licensing. It was aired so I expect a little sugar coming my way from there too. I've had 3 videos get picked up like this now.
It seems YouTube earnings get updated about every 2-3 weeks. I don't mind the delay. It all ends up in my pocket eventually :)
How long did it take to get those kind of viewing figures? If I post a video that gets accepted for 'front page', then it'll make money for 2 days.... then nothing.

Admittedly I only have 13 videos online, and I need to go out and get some good content, but after a video has had good views for a couple of days, the earnings practically drop to nothing.

Thanks in advance.

GG

https://rumble.com/c-148733/

DavidMcNab

Your first question about how long it takes to get views like that....
It could be the next video for you. Or it could be the one you posted two weeks ago. Maybe one from a year ago. Or maybe twenty videos will do very little. It's unpredictable. Unlike YouTube, where views are based on subscriber base size, you and I have an equal chance with every video.
Keep producing your best quality videos frequently and you'll make money.
Front page on Rumble might have a short life. I see performance either fizzle out after three days, or else it takes off for longer. Again, that's unpredictable.
I've uploaded about 550 videos. I now have at least one performing well at any given time. Sometimes they are older ones. Most viral videos didn't go viral in their first few months. The only thing you can control is your persistence. If you stop uploading at 13 videos, I think you can expect only pocket change each month. But if you upload 13 a month, I bet you'll find that decent money comes in each month forever.

It’s probably worth looking into all of them to make sure it’s the right fit, but you make the most money from full management on the left. I never choose anything except that one.
Thanks for responding. What happens if I choose exclusive management on a video that I previously posted to Facebook? The video has over 150,000 plays and share count is shoot 80,000 - do I have to take it down? It's currently on Rumble but I chose non-exclusive I wasn't sure.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
But choosing this means I can't post the video to any other platforms right? Or would I do this by sharing the Rumble link?
Hi Skymomma,

Choosing an exclusive license means you can no longer give the distribution rights of that video to another company since you would've given the rights to us previously.

You can still share the Rumble link to promote your video and those earnings will go to your dashboard.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Thanks for responding. What happens if I choose exclusive management on a video that I previously posted to Facebook? The video has over 150,000 plays and share count is shoot 80,000 - do I have to take it down? It's currently on Rumble but I chose non-exclusive I wasn't sure.
You can choose to license content to us exclusively as long as you have not previously done the same with another company, if you've only posted the video to Facebook before then you can definitely license it to us.