profit sharing for my upload and $0.14 earned ? is it possible ?

OlegK

Two years ago, after downloading the video, I received an email: "
Congratulations, you have been approved for profit sharing for your upload "Dove without an eye ". Our editorial staff just selected this content to be featured on our front page and promoted with our partners.
If you are interested in making more money, just keep uploading your best videos to Rumble!
Approved Content: "Dove without an eye " " . But in two years I earned only $0.14. Why ?

Attachments

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
that's very interesting also to me )
Hi Oleg,

I checked this video and the views are accurate, normally for a video to receive low views like this is because the title/content didn't generate any interest in the people watching the front page, and/or it was not picked up by third parties for distribution.

Unfortunately the amount of videos that don't get a large audience is larger than the ones that go viral. So this is fairly normal, specially for older videos.

DavidMcNab

To elaborate on what Mario has said, I have a similar view of what happens with my videos. Some do well, others do not. It's completely unpredictable and we are all at the mercy of the internet. But if you upload more videos, they average out and the profit is much better. I figure that 9 out of 10 of my videos barely make enough to consider the time being worth it, but 1 out of ten makes up for all the rest.
Each video is like a lottery ticket. You have to try to find out. And each one teaches us something.
The other thing is that your video could suddenly start getting views long after upload.
If you try to gauge future success by the performance of one or two videos, it won't be an accurate picture.
Keep trying!

winkeldinkel

To elaborate on what Mario has said, I have a similar view of what happens with my videos. Some do well, others do not. It's completely unpredictable and we are all at the mercy of the internet. But if you upload more videos, they average out and the profit is much better. I figure that 9 out of 10 of my videos barely make enough to consider the time being worth it, but 1 out of ten makes up for all the rest.
Each video is like a lottery ticket. You have to try to find out. And each one teaches us something.
The other thing is that your video could suddenly start getting views long after upload.
If you try to gauge future success by the performance of one or two videos, it won't be an accurate picture.
Keep trying!
Good analogy @DavidMcNab , it is a lot like the lottery. It is very hard to predict most of the time, but a good title helps, a good thumbnail of the video also helps too. The rest is just good old fashioned luck. There are a lot more creators on here now as compared to 2016 when I joined. This means you have a lot of stiff competition. You may feel like a tiny fish in a big pond but once in a while you will have the attention focused on you. You will also notice that if your video is promoted, your video title will be altered slightly by the editors. That is because they know the first thing that may get someone to click on a video is that title. It has to be an attention grabber.