Problems With "DMCA Infringement Claims"

w3caffeine

In my previous post, I ran through the thumbnail case, a thread in which I report that thumbnails are not or not always taken over by Rumble with the result of a lower or poor click-through rate.

This thread is also about information that is not copied with the result that my Rumble account now has a reputation with two policy violations. My account will be deleted when reaching three violations.

As a content creator, you upload your video and provide Rumble with the necessary information such as metadata, thumbnail, and information about the video creation:
  • Who recorded it
  • Where is it recorded
  • When is it recorded
  • URL to original video (if applicable)
  • etc..
That Rumble neglects data again becomes clear in the following what I am going to explain.

I've learned that the underlined point (URL to original video) is regularly being ignored resulting the YouTube channel ---where the original video is hosted--- receives a CONTENT ID copyright claim. This gives my YouTube channel (s) a bad reputation especially when its under review for YouTube's partner program. I dispute the copyright (content-id) claims because I am the copyright owner of the video in question.

Last and not least ...

Because I dispute the false copyright claims I refer as "false positives", Rumble register it as a policy violation on my Rumble account.

2019-11-06 (1).png

I respectfully ask Rumble to handle information with more responsibility.

Thank you.

w3caffeine

We all receive copyright claims when our videos get approved for Full Distribution. You're not supposed to file a dispute.
If you comment something like that you are probably not aware how it works. The link you provide "as copyright owner" will be whitelisted to prevent content id matching (that part is not happening). Full distribution only means you are giving Rumble the right to distribute commercially.

The copyright owner authorize Rumble to distribute his/her content but not to allow copyright claim the content you own exclusive copyright you've provided during the upload (that's the whole point of this system). Yes, you should file a dispute. YouTube states in their blog that other signals will determine the outcome of their decision a channel becomes a YouTube partner or not.

This thread address they don't whitelist the original source. Your comment "We all receive copyright claims" confirms the issue.

nademedeiros

If you comment something like that you are probably not aware how it works. The link you provide "as copyright owner" will be whitelisted to prevent content id matching (that part is not happening). Full distribution only means you are giving Rumble the right to distribute commercially.

The copyright owner authorize Rumble to distribute his/her content but not to allow copyright claim the content you own exclusive copyright you've provided during the upload (that's the whole point of this system). Yes, you should file a dispute. YouTube states in their blog that other signals will determine the outcome of their decision a channel becomes a YouTube partner or not.

This thread address they don't whitelist the original source. Your comment "We all receive copyright claims" confirms the issue.
You're the one who's not aware of how it works. I've been working with Rumble and other agencies since 2013, and that's exactly how it works. They claim your video along with all other copies there are on the internet, and then you get paid for them through Rumble/etc.

w3caffeine

Rumble is very clear what they do with your content, when, and how https://rumble.com/s/terms

During registration or uploading your content you permit Rumble to distribute your content among other important things. You don't transfer ownership meaning the CONTENT-ID copyright on your own channel is invalid which I clearly stated as false positive.

They claim your video along with all other copies there are on the internet, and then they pay you.
Incorrect. Rumble don't claim that. YouTube automatic content-id is responsible for that. This can be prevented by white-listing the url the uploader provides during the upload.

You're not aware of how it works. I've been working with Rumble and other agencies since 2013.
Nice to meet you. I am a YouTuber since 2007, a happy Rumble user for a couple of years with a B.B.A. business law in my pocket.

nademedeiros

Rumble is very clear what they do with your content, when, and how https://rumble.com/s/terms

During registration or uploading your content you permit Rumble to distribute your content among other important things. You don't transfer ownership meaning the CONTENT-ID copyright on your own channel is invalid which I clearly stated as false positive.

Incorrect. Rumble don't claim that. YouTube automatic content-id is responsible for that. This can be prevented by white-listing the url the uploader provides during the upload.

Nice to meet you. I am a YouTuber since 2007, a happy Rumble user for a couple of years with a B.B.A. business law in my pocket.
Good for you, but if you don't want Rumble to claim your video, you have to choose the option the excludes YouTube.

w3caffeine

Good for you, but if you don't want Rumble to claim your video, you have to choose the option the excludes YouTube.
Irrelevant, You are referring to distributing to your YouTube, Dailymotion, Facebook etc what appears after clicking the upload button.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member

This is not accurate, I'm not sure where you read that Rumble will white-list your video so as not to claim it, but it's the complete opposite. We use that URL to claim the video even faster and not rely on YouTube's content ID.

A copyright claim is NOT a copyright strike, your account is not affected negatively by Rumble claiming your content via copyright claim.

Giving us the URL simply makes our system claim it faster, not ignore it.

Also, when you upload content via the Exclusive management license, the name gives it away, It's EXCLUSIVE. You are not giving us your content but the distribution rights to it. Exclusively.

Our exclusive terms: "You are assigning the exclusive rights management of your content to Rumble. Rumble will be obligated to pay 60% of the Net Earnings collected from 3rd parties in relation to your video with the exception of YouTube.com. On YouTube.com, you will retain 90% of all Net Earnings generated in relation to your video directly on YouTube.com including on the Rumble owned and operated YouTube channels. You are granting Rumble an exclusive, worldwide, commercial, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, edit, syndicate, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and Rumble's (and its successors', partners and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. "

w3caffeine

I'm not sure where you read that Rumble will white-list your video so as not to claim it ... Giving us the URL simply makes our system claim it faster, not ignore it.
N. Naumoff stated in a mail end of 2016 that my channel has been white-listed to stop the content-id claims. Content ID is a digital fingerprinting system which is used to easily identify and manage copyrighted content.

Correct a copyright claim is NOT a copyright strike and that's not my claim. The screenshot clearly shows my Rumble account has been impacted negatively.

That's the nature of my thread.

brenmichelle

I have approved about 300 copyright claims on my YouTube account because I uploaded to Rumble. My account has no violations or strikes. This is all a part of the process. Hopefully you can have these strikes taken down because you didn’t need to dispute them.

w3caffeine

I'm not sure where you read that Rumble will white-list your video so as not to claim it ... Giving us the URL simply makes our system claim it faster, not ignore it.
N. Naumoff stated in 2006 in a mail Rumble's white-listing practice to stop the content-id claims.

A channel containing content with high rate Content ID matched videos is considered as channel uploading not original content. Now with article 13 around the corner, they are extra sensitive for this.

Correct a copyright claim is NOT a copyright strike and that's not my claim. The screenshot clearly shows my Rumble account has been impacted negatively.

That's the nature of my thread.

w3caffeine

@Mario I know where it went wrong ...

I am using a chrome add-on to block ads but I've learned it's messing up sites. I just discovered this on my own site. For example when I click submit on my site's contact page I am actually clicking next to it. I was figuring out for a long time why my site wasn't working properly.

Same happened on Rumble. I went for the non-exclusive but it in reality I clicked on Exclusive.

When revisiting Rumble the menu also looks in line which wasn't before with the add-on activated.

I ask you to fix the 2 policy violations on my Rumble account because it's based on a misunderstanding.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member

@Mario I know where it went wrong ...

I am using a chrome add-on to block ads but I've learned it's messing up sites. I just discovered this on my own site. For example when I click submit on my site's contact page I am actually clicking next to it. I was figuring out for a long time why my site wasn't working properly.

Same happened on Rumble. I went for the non-exclusive but it in reality I clicked on Exclusive.

When revisiting Rumble the menu also looks in line which wasn't before with the add-on activated.

I ask you to fix the 2 policy violations on my Rumble account because it's based on a misunderstanding.
Send this request as a reply to your previous email so I can forward it to the DMCA people, they have no access to this forum.

DavidMcNab

It looks like this has been resolved, at least to the point of understanding.
To add my own opinion, I actually started uploading to Rumble simply to obtain a copyright and prevent unauthorized piracy from my YouTube channel by a New York Agency. I was pleasantly surprised to earn money by accident, but it was never my intention.
The exclusive management and copyright claim seems to be clearly explained and understood, and it works to our advantage.
Fast forward to the YouTube policy change that demonetized many channels, including mine. That Rumble copyright kept my earnings from my own channel coming smoothly (minus the Rumble share). A couple of my videos did well on that platform and Rumble helped me cash in on them.

Always a good idea to check policy violations because they can happen in error.