Please help!

Hi! We posted a video on Instagram that got viral (even 9gag posted it on facebook (42M followers)). And Rumble approached me to license it by saying that
:" What we want to offer you for your video is a Video Management and Revenue share license. We will manage, promote, distribute and monetize your video on your behalf on YouTube and off-YouTube. "
So I uploaded it on Rumble and got this mail :
"
Congratulations, you have been approved for profit sharing for your upload "Puppy's squishy fluffy face will brighten your day". Our editorial staff just selected this content to be featured on our front page and promoted with our partners.
If you are interested in making more money, just keep uploading your best videos to Rumble!"

The thing is the video is NOT on their Youtube, it is NOT on the front page or anywhere to be found (it is on rumble, but not promoted at all)
It's so frustrating cause I can't find answers nowhere and we only have like 30 views on the video and it has a LOT of potential. They now own the video but we're not earning any money so it is really annoying.

Can someone please help me understand? :(

Thank you!

BenW

Hi! We posted a video on Instagram that got viral (even 9gag posted it on facebook (42M followers)). And Rumble approached me to license it by saying that
:" What we want to offer you for your video is a Video Management and Revenue share license. We will manage, promote, distribute and monetize your video on your behalf on YouTube and off-YouTube. "
"
Congratulations, you have been approved for profit sharing for your upload "Puppy's squishy fluffy face will brighten your day". Our editorial staff just selected this content to be featured on our front page and promoted with our partners.
If you are interested in making more money, just keep uploading your best videos to Rumble!"

The thing is the video is NOT on their Youtube, it is NOT on the front page or anywhere to be found (it is on rumble, but not promoted at all)
It's so frustrating cause I can't find answers nowhere and we only have like 30 views on the video and it has a LOT of potential. They now own the video but we're not earning any money so it is really annoying.

Thank you!
It is on their YouTube Rumble Viral and has some 1000 views at the moment. Your video has just gone LIVE, so have a little patient. Hope for you it will do well.

PubgMasterGame

"

Thank you!
you will have to be patient and you will see how good rumble is

"

Thank you!
Glad you got some answers. If correct, Rumble owns that exact video, but variations of the footage would create a new video, which they do not own. I may be corrected if I am incorrect.
https://rumble.com/user/cdngreenwaterdiver/

Last edited:

DavidMcNab

Glad you got some answers. If correct, Rumble owns that exact video, but variations of the footage would create a new video, which they do not own. I may be corrected if I am incorrect.
https://rumble.com/user/cdngreenwaterdiver/
If you use footage in a video, it is encoded and will be claimed in any version. For example, if I get footage of a shark nibbling on my fins, I can make a few different short videos and I can use clips more than once. But duplication of any clip can, and probably will result in a copyright claim. If I use completely different parts of the footage for a second version, even though it's the same event, the two videos can be owned by different people.
If I had two cameras running side by side, I can make two identical videos, but the footage is actually technically different. The encoding will not identify them as the same. Therefore you can sell them separately, although ethical considerations would prevent you from marketing very identical videos as if they were unique.
I allowed AFV to have a video of me eating on a wakeboard. I signed for exclusive management, or equivalent, and made nothing. It was five years ago, before I knew better. I was offered money for the video a year or so later, but I couldn't sell it because of the copyright from AFV. I tried reworking the original footage and uploading to YouTube. Copyright claim within minutes. I even tried flipping the footage (horizontal flip) to see if it was considered different. Copyright Claim again in minutes. So I think it's encoding.

DavidMcNab

Thank you for your answer! How exactly do you see that, now that i know and searched it i see it but how did you find out (i’m sorry i’m really not good with this plateform 😅)
You will see earnings grow on your account, but there is a considerable delay. YouTube earnings can take a month to arrive as estimated earnings now.
Also, AOL and Yahoo earnings arrive about 8 months later. So, you can get a surprise later on. It's unpredictable and completely unrelated to performance on other platforms. So, you might get $1 or you might get $200. You just don't know until it arrives.

PubgMasterGame

You will see earnings grow on your account, but there is a considerable delay. YouTube earnings can take a month to arrive as estimated earnings now.
Also, AOL and Yahoo earnings arrive about 8 months later. So, you can get a surprise later on. It's unpredictable and completely unrelated to performance on other platforms. So, you might get $1 or you might get $200. You just don't know until it arrives.
special gifts always nice , that's what i like in rumble :D:D:D

If you use footage in a video, it is encoded and will be claimed in any version. For example, if I get footage of a shark nibbling on my fins, I can make a few different short videos and I can use clips more than once. But duplication of any clip can, and probably will result in a copyright claim. If I use completely different parts of the footage for a second version, even though it's the same event, the two videos can be owned by different people.
If I had two cameras running side by side, I can make two identical videos, but the footage is actually technically different. The encoding will not identify them as the same. Therefore you can sell them separately, although ethical considerations would prevent you from marketing very identical videos as if they were unique.
I allowed AFV to have a video of me eating on a wakeboard. I signed for exclusive management, or equivalent, and made nothing. It was five years ago, before I knew better. I was offered money for the video a year or so later, but I couldn't sell it because of the copyright from AFV. I tried reworking the original footage and uploading to YouTube. Copyright claim within minutes. I even tried flipping the footage (horizontal flip) to see if it was considered different. Copyright Claim again in minutes. So I think it's encoding.
Time for a redo once the ice melts then hey. So as everywhere there are "scammers" that took your video although you agreed, and paid nothing. Like the calls I received wanting some of my footage but once I asked for compensation they vaporized.