plays vs views

Hi everyone. I keep seeing plays and views listed in stats and on vids. In just checking my stats I am seeing many more views than plays. I have my own theory of why this is but would like to see what others think as to why the viewers resist on "playing" the video, which is what makes us money as I believe . The numbers I am looking at are not huge, but on one new video of mine in the last week, stats shows 42 views and 2 plays ,ecpm of over $8 calculating down to an earning of 14 cents. So if every viewer had played that video the income would have been higher. So what's the key or trick that needs done to get more plays?

Attachments

[QUOTE = "cdngreenwaterdiver, post: 18184, member: 4476"] Всем привет. Я продолжаю видеть игры и представления, перечисленные в статистике и на видео. Просто проверяя свою статистику, я вижу гораздо больше просмотров, чем игр. У меня есть своя теория, почему это так, но я хотел бы посмотреть, что другие думают о том, почему зрители сопротивляются "воспроизведению" видео, что делает нас деньгами, как я считаю . Цифры, которые я смотрю, не огромны, но на одном новом видео на прошлой неделе статистика показывает 42 просмотра и 2 игры ,ecpm из более чем $8, рассчитывая до заработка 14 центов. Поэтому, если бы каждый зритель играл это видео, доход был бы выше. Итак, какой ключ или трюк необходимо сделать, чтобы получить больше игр?[/ЦИТАТА]
У меня была такая же проблема, но там настолько большие цифры, что я просто не верю. Просмотров 2 281 539 а играет всего 12 859 как такое возможно 1550565182117.png

[QUOTE = "cdngreenwaterdiver, post: 18184, member: 4476"] Всем привет. Я продолжаю видеть игры и представления, перечисленные в статистике и на видео. Просто проверяя свою статистику, я вижу гораздо больше просмотров, чем игр. У меня есть своя теория, почему это так, но я хотел бы посмотреть, что другие думают о том, почему зрители сопротивляются "воспроизведению" видео, что делает нас деньгами, как я считаю . Цифры, которые я смотрю, не огромны, но на одном новом видео на прошлой неделе статистика показывает 42 просмотра и 2 игры ,ecpm из более чем $8, рассчитывая до заработка 14 центов. Поэтому, если бы каждый зритель играл это видео, доход был бы выше. Итак, какой ключ или трюк необходимо сделать, чтобы получить больше игр?[/ЦИТАТА]
У меня была такая же проблема, но там настолько большие цифры, что я просто не верю. Просмотров 2 281 539 а играет всего 12 859 как такое возможно View attachment 532
wish I was able to translate your reply, but it sure looks like you are not getting paid well either.

winkeldinkel

Ok, first of all if you have your account settings where you don't display what you are earning your views will only be visible to the general public. I choose to not display my earnings but I have made $1526.21 so far so even though only my views are shown publicly on my videos, I'm certainly getting plays as well. I would really like to see Rumble display the YouTube earnings and the Rumble website earnings together on each video. If the idea of displaying the earnings is to encourage others to join and upload wouldn't that look much more impressive? Here is an example. Rumble Staff doesn't show their plays only the views and the earnings on the video are not visible. But as you can see with all the views this video got. It made money for sure. Yes we want the plays because that's what causes the ads to run, but not seeing the plays listed does not mean you are not earning money. It simply means the user is keeping it private.

Attachments

Ok, first of all if you have your account settings where you don't display what you are earning your views will only be visible to the general public. I choose to not display my earnings but I have made $1526.21 so far so even though only my views are shown publicly on my videos, I'm certainly getting plays as well. I would really like to see Rumble display the YouTube earnings and the Rumble website earnings together on each video. If the idea of displaying the earnings is to encourage others to join and upload wouldn't that look much more impressive? Here is an example. Rumble Staff doesn't show their plays only the views and the earnings on the video are not visible. But as you can see with all the views this video got. It made money for sure. Yes we want the plays because that's what causes the ads to run, but not seeing the plays listed does not mean you are not earning money. It simply means the user is keeping it private.
wow 59 million views, sure would hope there were almost that many plays. I have noticed also that some videos get an advertisement that allows the viewer to bypass the ad after a few second, while other videos do not give that option and the viewer must watch the advert. if they want to see the video. If someone chooses to end an advert before it finishes, do we still make income on that video ? Thanks

winkeldinkel

wow 59 million views, sure would hope there were almost that many plays. I have noticed also that some videos get an advertisement that allows the viewer to bypass the ad after a few second, while other videos do not give that option and the viewer must watch the advert. if they want to see the video. If someone chooses to end an advert before it finishes, do we still make income on that video ? Thanks
I'm sure if they hit skip ad after a few seconds, that we likely make less. If the ad plays through to the video, I assume we get more. Seems logical. You can verify that with rumble though.

Screenshot_20190225-183741_Instagram.jpg
Hi everyone. I keep seeing plays and views listed in stats and on vids. In just checking my stats I am seeing many more views than plays. I have my own theory of why this is but would like to see what others think as to why the viewers resist on "playing" the video, which is what makes us money as I believe . The numbers I am looking at are not huge, but on one new video of mine in the last week, stats shows 42 views and 2 plays ,ecpm of over $8 calculating down to an earning of 14 cents. So if every viewer had played that video the income would have been higher. So what's the key or trick that needs done to get more plays?
I think views are simply an impression. For example if someone sees it on the rumble page or wherever you post your rumble link on facebook, twitter, etc but the person who sees it doesnt click on it to play it. On my attachment it shows it reached 15,000 people to see it on this specific insta post but it had like 5,000 plays when you go to the post.

DavidMcNab

My understanding is that advertisers can choose different packages. Some will display ads at the beginning that are skippable, and some will display longer ads. But I think that videos are somehow identified as qualifying for one type of package or another. Longer videos, for example may qualify for an ad in the middle.