Playback speed options?

tcallme

I have been listening to podcasts at 2X speed for several years. It took Youtube a while to add the playback speed functionality, but now that it is there, I also watch youtube videos at 2X speed. I consume data at twice the speed I create it and it is important for me to be able to adjust the playback speed.

ocre

It is an absolute must if Rumble is to expand with podcast and or similar talk format videos.
The player needs options for playback speeds, ASAP.

With most competing services having playback options from 1.25 to 2x, Rubble really needs this kind of feature if they want to be a serious competitor. I have not only grown accustomed.and spoiled, due to my schedule and limits in time, I simply won't be watching talk or podcast at normal playback speed if it exist on another service with playback speed options.
I was so excited about Rumble and there is already a lot material I would prefer to watch on this platform. Please implement a play back speed option ASAP

Kromwell

I'll agree with the posts above. I generally watch YouTube and listen to podcasts at 1.5x. I just joined to watch Dan Bongino, but will continue to watch on YouTube until this feature is added.

It would be nice if someone from Rumble responded to let us know if this is in the process of being implemented or is at least on the radar. Thanks.

anogy

It is an absolute must if Rumble is to expand with podcast and or similar talk format videos.
The player needs options for playback speeds, ASAP.

With most competing services having playback options from 1.25 to 2x, Rubble really needs this kind of feature if they want to be a serious competitor. I have not only grown accustomed.and spoiled, due to my schedule and limits in time, I simply won't be watching talk or podcast at normal playback speed if it exist on another service with playback speed options.
I was so excited about Rumble and there is already a lot material I would prefer to watch on this platform. Please implement a play back speed option ASAP
Strong second. I'm in full agreement here. I can't justify listening to anything 'talky' at normal speed when there's a faster option somewhere else. This is the reason I no longer subscribe to The Blaze (I'll subscribe again when they fix it).

JRColeman

I agree with other posters this is a necessary feature. I listen to content at 2x on youtube and on podcast stations anywhere from 1.5-3x. Let's go Rumble, keeping building up the platform, we're here for you!

stardar81

Yes, I would love having speed controller on this. I never listen to things at normal speed. I have found myself watching the same content on the youtube app because I can increase the speed and can't do that on the Rumble app. If I access Rumble on my computer, I use the video speed extension to be able to increase the playback speed.

DamonGang

I would just like to agree on having playback speed options. In Podcast Addict I can listen at 1.3x/1.4x. On Youtube I can listen at 1.25x. It would be great if Rumble had a way to adjust the playback speed. Thanks.

lindiehl

No playback speed options.....??? super-darn! I usually listen at least at 1.5 -- at least 1.25. Back to YouTube for me -- at least until this is corrected, or I find a need as a video creator (which I am obviously not). Thanks for continuing this thread, though!

ocre

It's there!!!
At least for me, playback speed options are there and working in the app android!

Thanks Rumble team for getting this done so quickly!

ocre

Am I missing it, or is there a plan to implement playback speed options for videos? I'm looking to play some mostly speaking content faster to get through them in a specific time frame.
I completely agree. Playback speed options are desperately needed.
Yes Please. Playback speeds. Most urgent please
I have been listening to podcasts at 2X speed for several years. It took Youtube a while to add the playback speed functionality, but now that it is there, I also watch youtube videos at 2X speed. I consume data at twice the speed I create it and it is important for me to be able to adjust the playback speed.
yes, need playback speed options. Also, need fast forward and fast backward with left and right arrow buttons.
Good idea❗
I'll agree with the posts above. I generally watch YouTube and listen to podcasts at 1.5x. I just joined to watch Dan Bongino, but will continue to watch on YouTube until this feature is added.

It would be nice if someone from Rumble responded to let us know if this is in the process of being implemented or is at least on the radar. Thanks.
Strong second. I'm in full agreement here. I can't justify listening to anything 'talky' at normal speed when there's a faster option somewhere else. This is the reason I no longer subscribe to The Blaze (I'll subscribe again when they fix it).
I agree with other posters this is a necessary feature. I listen to content at 2x on youtube and on podcast stations anywhere from 1.5-3x. Let's go Rumble, keeping building up the platform, we're here for you!
Yes, I would love having speed controller on this. I never listen to things at normal speed. I have found myself watching the same content on the youtube app because I can increase the speed and can't do that on the Rumble app. If I access Rumble on my computer, I use the video speed extension to be able to increase the playback speed.
I would just like to agree on having playback speed options. In Podcast Addict I can listen at 1.3x/1.4x. On Youtube I can listen at 1.25x. It would be great if Rumble had a way to adjust the playback speed. Thanks.
No playback speed options.....??? super-darn! I usually listen at least at 1.5 -- at least 1.25. Back to YouTube for me -- at least until this is corrected, or I find a need as a video creator (which I am obviously not). Thanks for continuing this thread, though!

It's up and running!! On the android app I have playback speed options and it is working!!

The following selections are available:
0.5x
0.75x
Normal
1.5x
2.0x

A tachometer/speedometer looking symbol, right next to the new settings gear icon.

Now I everyone, let's get as many content creators over on Rumble. Message and leave comments on all the youtube channels you listen too.
It seems that people could make a lot more money on Rumble...I think perhaps even if not demonetized on youtube, you can make more money on Rumble at a comparable number of views.

BenW

Trustworthy Member
It's up and running!! On the android app I have playback speed options and it is working!!

0.5x
0.75x
Normal
1.5x
2.0x

A tachometer/speedometer looking symbol, right next to the new settings gear icon.

Now I everyone, let's get as many content creators over on Rumble. Message and leave comments on all the youtube channels you listen too.
It seems that people could make a lot more money on Rumble...I think perhaps even if not demonetized on youtube, you can make more money on Rumble at a comparable number of views.
It is on the IOS app too.

scottcped

0.5x
0.75x
Normal
1.5x
2.0x

Thank you very much. However, the scroll menu is too narrow, and impossible to scroll on both my iPad mini and iPad Pro. I’ve tried my finger and a stylus, no bueno.
As such, I rumbled Bonginoks latest vid, but went back to YT to watch the vid at 1.5x speed.
Thanks!

Kromwell

Looks like the web viewer does have a speed option. It works well, but isn't obvious at this point. Hopefully, they will fix that.

To adjust speed up or down, click the > or < keys. You can click them multiple times to increase/decrease speed.

Thinman

@Kromwell I don't see any <> keys to click and the keyboard keys don't do anything.
Where are those? As I find it annoying on longer podcasts I listen to as it can shave off 15 to 20 minutes sometimes at 1.25x.