People posting old videos as theirs

Joedaoud

Right now I'm rumbling and the 1st place with 159 likes is a video that was made 10 years ago. This person is now going to win the $50 1st place prize while others (myself and others) are being hurt by this.
Is there no rules against taking someone else video and then putting it in the Rumble?
I know it wont past this as hopefully Rumble staff realize that the video is famous but they still get the $50.
I know I sound like sour grapes but all you creators work hard to shoot videos and shouldn't be taken your chance away of making money by someone copying.
Thanks for your time.

OKIEdokie

Right now I'm rumbling and the 1st place with 159 likes is a video that was made 10 years ago. This person is now going to win the $50 1st place prize while others (myself and others) are being hurt by this.
Is there no rules against taking someone else video and then putting it in the Rumble?
I know it wont past this as hopefully Rumble staff realize that the video is famous but they still get the $50.
I know I sound like sour grapes but all you creators work hard to shoot videos and shouldn't be taken your chance away of making money by someone copying.
Thanks for your time.
I was thinking the same thing!!! I know I've seen this video before! I don't think it's fair to the actual creator's that submit original work! That user is stealing material.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
I think we can assume that the uploader is the owner of the video, or they have negotiated the rights to it. Rumble will likely have a better answer, but I bet they checked on this.

Joedaoud

I think we can assume that the uploader is the owner of the video, or they have negotiated the rights to it. Rumble will likely have a better answer, but I bet they checked on this.
Andrew Grantham is the original owner from 2011. Chances of that being the original owner is 0.000001%. I know probably after the battle and they are going to send it out for monetized, the human worker's will realize it's not his but he would still collect $50 as prizes get paid out instantly (as you know). Anyways thank you for your time

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
If there is a copyright claim and a strike, he won't think the $50 was worth it.
But let's loop Mario in on this to be sure.
@Mario
If this is all proper and correct, we will all be happy. And if not, Maybe the number two video owner will see his fair share.

Last edited:

chrisrumble

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Everyone,

Most videos get into the battle, but they do not go through out vigorous checks, just yet. The checks take a few days normally. If you find someone stealing content, please report it to dmca@rumble.com immediately so we can investigate. Stolen videos will not be recipients of our battle winners if their content is stolen, but they definitely may take up a spot in the winner's list. This is something we are thinking through on how to prevent. Since it's still in BETA, not everything is working as perfectly as a fully launched release.

Hope everyone understands.

Thanks
Chris

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
Hi Everyone,

Most videos get into the battle, but they do not go through out vigorous checks, just yet. The checks take a few days normally. If you find someone stealing content, please report it to dmca@rumble.com immediately so we can investigate. Stolen videos will not be recipients of our battle winners if their content is stolen, but they definitely may take up a spot in the winner's list. This is something we are thinking through on how to prevent. Since it's still in BETA, not everything is working as perfectly as a fully launched release.

Thanks
Chris
Thank you Chris. I think everyone is eager to hear if you are able to let us know if this was a genuine upload or something "borrowed".
And also, the cash prizes for the battles are an excellent incentive. Thanks for adding an exciting and lucrative spin to the platform.

chrisrumble

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Chris. I think everyone is eager to hear if you are able to let us know if this was a genuine upload or something "borrowed".
And also, the cash prizes for the battles are an excellent incentive. Thanks for adding an exciting and lucrative spin to the platform.
If you even have suspicions of a video, please let us know the username and video that seems suspicious and our team will always check. This will also help us in removing videos during battles so they don't take up winning spots. You can email us at dmca@rumble.com

Joedaoud

If their is a copyright claim and a strike, he won't think the $50 was worth it.
But let's loop Mario in on this to be sure.
@Mario
If this is all proper and correct, we will all be happy. And if not, Maybe the number two video owner will see his fair share.
Thank you. I'm #6 so
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
Chris
Thanks. The video is still #1 with 5 minutes to go. Its titles "Ultimate Dog Tease #1...LOL".

MimiRabbit

Thanks for your time.
Applauding for perceptiveness. It's good that someone is watching and writing about it in the forum. We are grateful to you.

nademedeiros

Thanks for your time.
Yeah, I thought the same thing... I've seen other famous videos appearing in the battles as well, just not as old...

winkeldinkel

Exactly my thoughts. That video has been online and on YouTube for ages and all of a sudden uploaded as a brand new funny dog video . I can almost guarantee it’s a copied version. We are all told that we must be the original owner in order to monetize and I’m almost certain this isn’t the case here.