Pelosi

maryeb

Ok, I have questions - I am not very well educated along political lines, so I welcome corrections so that I may learn.
1. Nancy Pelosi is up for election (as are all members of the House of Representatives) November 3rd.
2. Everyone is automatically saying that if the election results are not clear as of January 20, 2021, Ms. Pelosi will stand in as interim President until another Presidential election is held.
3. Why is someone not educating the public and even the elected officials in congress & Senate, the journalists, etc. to say that whoever is Speaker of the House will be interim President, rather than automatically saying Pelosi??
4. And why are they necessarily considering that it will even be a democrat as Speaker? If at the November 3 election more republicans than democrats are elected for House seats, then there will be a Republican Speaker, right??? Again, these are questions because I want to learn. I am not making statements for a point,

GeneCali

Ok, I have questions - I am not very well educated along political lines, so I welcome corrections so that I may learn.
1. Nancy Pelosi is up for election (as are all members of the House of Representatives) November 3rd.
2. Everyone is automatically saying that if the election results are not clear as of January 20, 2021, Ms. Pelosi will stand in as interim President until another Presidential election is held.
3. Why is someone not educating the public and even the elected officials in congress & Senate, the journalists, etc. to say that whoever is Speaker of the House will be interim President, rather than automatically saying Pelosi??
4. And why are they necessarily considering that it will even be a democrat as Speaker? If at the November 3 election more republicans than democrats are elected for House seats, then there will be a Republican Speaker, right??? Again, these are questions because I want to learn. I am not making statements for a point,
Hi, these are Good Questions that I think would be answered if you will post them in Political Discussions.( if you haven't already). Welcome to Rumble.

TheRightSide

Answer to question 2 is no. On December 14th the electorals cast their votes based on the information they have on hand at that point. One way or the other, either Trump remains or Biden takes over.

#4 - Whichever party has the House majority puts up one of their members for Speaker.

PS - Even though we call November 3rd "election day," it really isn't. Each state can technically direct their electorals who to vote for. Not that this wouldn't go unchallenged and reach the Supreme Court...

Ever hear of "faithless electors"? These are states that's aren't required to vote for who the public voted for.

Last edited:

maryeb

Answer to question 2 is no. On December 14th the electorals cast their votes based on the information they have on hand at that point. One way or the other, either Trump remains or Biden takes over.

#4 - Whichever party has the House majority puts up one of their members for Speaker.

PS - Even though we call November 3rd "election day," it really isn't. Each state can technically direct their electorals who to vote for. Not that this wouldn't go unchallenged and reach the Supreme Court...

Ever hear of "faithless electors"? These are states that's aren't required to vote for who the public voted for.
Thank you for your responses! Tho I have voted most of my adult life, I have only been really interested in politics for a few years. I want to be able to give the right information to people who do not understand how the political system works. It's more important now than ever to keep our nation free!

EKemp

First, Pelosi must win re-election, she will do that. Second, democrats must retain the house, most of us wish not. Third, She must be re-elected speaker of the house, this is questionable.

TheRightSide

Thank you for your responses! Tho I have voted most of my adult life, I have only been really interested in politics for a few years. I want to be able to give the right information to people who do not understand how the political system works. It's more important now than ever to keep our nation free!
Couldn't agree more!