Newbie User - Negative Rumbles Help

Jerminator

Hello all, I just uploaded my first video https://web3.rumble.com/v8send-hilarious-toddler-growls-like-a-puppy.html - And I've already got like negative fourteen (-14) rumbles. Is the video content that bad? I thought my daughter acting like a puppy and me cracking up was hilarious. OF COURSE I'm biased but is it really that bad or am I just not understanding something?

Thanks in advance for any help my fellow Rumblers!!!

cdngreenwaterdiver

Hello all, I just uploaded my first video https://web3.rumble.com/v8send-hilarious-toddler-growls-like-a-puppy.html - And I've already got like negative fourteen (-14) rumbles. Is the video content that bad? I thought my daughter acting like a puppy and me cracking up was hilarious. OF COURSE I'm biased but is it really that bad or am I just not understanding something?

Getting started and learning what works is a constant case of learning. I have been submitting with Rumble for almost 3 years and certain things still baffle me( on a daily basis). I watched your video, and to try being positive, I see the triple split screen is tough for me to watch. Always try to submit exciting, different subjects. Kids and pets seem to do well. I know what you mean about being bias towards your daughter, I am the same. Keep working at creations, you will become successful.

https://rumble.com/user/cdngreenwaterdiver/

Jerminator

Getting started and learning what works is a constant case of learning. I have been submitting with Rumble for almost 3 years and certain things still baffle me( on a daily basis). I watched your video, and to try being positive, I see the triple split screen is tough for me to watch. Always try to submit exciting, different subjects. Kids and pets seem to do well. I know what you mean about being bias towards your daughter, I am the same. Keep working at creations, you will become successful.

https://rumble.com/user/cdngreenwaterdiver/
Thanks, do you happen to know if I'm allowed to replace that version of my video with an updated one? Or does it require me completely deleting and then re-adding the video?

DavidMcNab

Thanks, do you happen to know if I'm allowed to replace that version of my video with an updated one? Or does it require me completely deleting and then re-adding the video?
The rumble battles are designed to get votes in the first five seconds of your video. If the message isn't clear or the action isn't happening promptly, you might get a downvote. But the point of uploading and building your channel is to create videos for a longer attention span. 30 second and longer videos do well on Youtube and Rumble. Although the rumbles are helpful, it's not the only thing that determines your success. I wouldn't worry much now. There's a lot more money to be made from other sources of revenue.
And yes, you can upload the same footage in another video without deleting. You can't upload the exact same video, but tweaks and changes will make it different enough that it won't be a duplicate. I often use footage in subsequent videos.

Kynnawah

I feel your pain Jerminator, one of my videos got -30 rumbles last week. It was just a video about a squirrel, I didn't think it was that bad! My account is negative overall still, but I guess I'll keep uploading and hopefully get to a positive number soon.

rumble.com/user/Kynnawah/

cdngreenwaterdiver

It can be frustrating but keep working at it. Here is my latest. check it out and a few RUMBLES is greatly appreciated .

DavidMcNab

I feel your pain Jerminator, one of my videos got -30 rumbles last week. It was just a video about a squirrel, I didn't think it was that bad! My account is negative overall still, but I guess I'll keep uploading and hopefully get to a positive number soon.

I've felt the pain of the negative Rumbles too. The internet can be harsh. But remember that your goals when uploading here are to produce something that tells your story, educates the world, inspires people, or entertains them, all the while making money and having fun. The template for a successful video on Rumble and other platforms is slightly different than the template for success in the Rumble battles. The judges get five seconds (or a few seconds more if they're curious and patient) to evaluate your content and they don't have the benefit of the title, narrative, or even the complete story in the video content to help them in the process.
A negative rumble can mean the action didn't happen quickly enough, they're confused about your point, they don't like that there was a snake (or a giant Amazonian grub in my case), or even that the video just before really grabbed them in comparison. It doesn't mean your child's singing wasn't good. Maybe they only saw the leadup. Maybe they completely misunderstood it all but would see it differently if they watched the whole thing.
The Rumble Battles are providing a little cash, some fun, and some data for the Rumble staff to use in ways we don't quite understand completely.
If seeing negative Rumbles on your video is upsetting, I suggest getting out a bottle of wine, and pouring two glasses before looking. Have a third glass right afterwards. If you're still feeling the pain, have a look at my giant grub video. Because yours won't be rated as harshly as that one was.
But definitely don't assume that those negatives mean your video was bad.
Never give up! :)

cdngreenwaterdiver

I've felt the pain of the negative Rumbles too. The internet can be harsh. But remember that your goals when uploading here are to produce something that tells your story, educates the world, inspires people, or entertains them, all the while making money and having fun. The template for a successful video on Rumble and other platforms is slightly different than the template for success in the Rumble battles. The judges get five seconds (or a few seconds more if they're curious and patient) to evaluate your content and they don't have the benefit of the title, narrative, or even the complete story in the video content to help them in the process.
A negative rumble can mean the action didn't happen quickly enough, they're confused about your point, they don't like that there was a snake (or a giant Amazonian grub in my case), or even that the video just before really grabbed them in comparison. It doesn't mean your child's singing wasn't good. Maybe they only saw the leadup. Maybe they completely misunderstood it all but would see it differently if they watched the whole thing.
The Rumble Battles are providing a little cash, some fun, and some data for the Rumble staff to use in ways we don't quite understand completely.
If seeing negative Rumbles on your video is upsetting, I suggest getting out a bottle of wine, and pouring two glasses before looking. Have a third glass right afterwards. If you're still feeling the pain, have a look at my giant grub video. Because yours won't be rated as harshly as that one was.
Pouring wine now....;-)

winkeldinkel

I think it's very cute but low light and vertical filming can hurt your chances too. Filming in the correct orientation helps. We all have videos filmed like that and sometimes if they are funny or engaging enough, they still make the cut. Good luck and keep on uploading...;)

Kynnawah

If you're still feeling the pain, have a look at my giant grub video. Because yours won't be rated as harshly as that one was.
Thanks for the encouragement. I saw your grub video during the rumble battle, I liked it and rumbled. Reminds me of my trip in Cambodia, eating crickets and silkworms 🤭
I since posted a couple videos of elephants that have gotten better reviews. I will keep at it.