NEW FEATURE! - Content Contribution

There was one page of videos available yesterday morning. These were videos that must have been the dregs, because they had been untouched for a long time. I looked later last night and they were all gone, the first time I've seen this. Hopefully an admin can tell us what's going on, as you need $50 of credit to cash out, which leaves those of us with less than $50 in a predicament. Did Rumble pull the program, or is this only temporary?

I have a feeling that they suddenly had a ton of people submitting contributions and they simply ran out of videos at the moment, I'm sure that new videos that need content will be featured soon. I think it took a while to catch on and quickly there was a shortage. I'm sure that @Mario will have some answer on this. I was successful in submitting about 12 articles but I did notice the list of videos shrinking the last few days.

There was one page of videos available yesterday morning. These were videos that must have been the dregs, because they had been untouched for a long time. I looked later last night and they were all gone, the first time I've seen this. Hopefully an admin can tell us what's going on, as you need $50 of credit to cash out, which leaves those of us with less than $50 in a predicament. Did Rumble pull the program, or is this only temporary?
Lol yes they were the dregs, I remember that there were about 10 videos that nobody wanted to make a description; in this way there were always the same videos, which for some reason we all agreed on not wanting to describe them (but rumble forced us) So I think it's about that, but like all of us I also hope that the list will be filled with new videos , because the time of this new feature is hardly a month and think that there are people who have not cash out the first time and could take a bad impression of the site. I came here for a publication of Rumble on Reddit and I found interesting the amount of videos per day to describe, since they offered hundreds of videos a day.

I have a feeling that they suddenly had a ton of people submitting contributions and they simply ran out of videos at the moment, I'm sure that new videos that need content will be featured soon. I think it took a while to catch on and quickly there was a shortage. I'm sure that @Mario will have some answer on this. I was successful in submitting about 12 articles but I did notice the list of videos shrinking the last few days.

That's just one of the things that I do not understand. I have noticed that the vast majority of videos that are in Rumble do not have a description, or they do not have 500 words, but still these videos are not sent to the Content Contribution list. I also thought that many people could come to Rumble with the intention of writing, since some are not good for the videos or have no luck with them. When many people arrive it would be very difficult to reach the minimum of cashout for the writer of videos, I just think that there will come a time when Rumble would have to grant some rank of "writer" to the users that he considers qualified to make the contributions of quality. This would save work to the people who review them and we would avoid this type of inconvenience.

Lol yes they were the dregs, I remember that there were about 10 videos that nobody wanted to make a description; in this way there were always the same videos, which for some reason we all agreed on not wanting to describe them (but rumble forced us) So I think it's about that, but like all of us I also hope that the list will be filled with new videos , because the time of this new feature is hardly a month and think that there are people who have not cash out the first time and could take a bad impression of the site. I came here for a publication of Rumble on Reddit and I found interesting the amount of videos per day to describe, since they offered hundreds of videos a day.
I did one cash out already, so Rumble does honor that. Now I'm on a new cycle. I guess I'm not overly concerned about earning enough to buy beachfront property, because writing is its own enjoyment. Someone near the beginning of this thread mentioned it's not easy to come up with 500 words, and they are right. I will write a paragraph, dawdle over the TV and coffee, breakfast, come back and revise the paragraph, write another graph, move sentences around, etc., until I like it. I consider myself the kind of writer who can take almost any boring subject and give it a makeover. I learned this as a correspondent for a community newspaper for five years, where I said I wanted to write tall tales and restaurant reviews, but they tricked me into covering town meetings. Eventually I did go on to have my own concert and event review column, "On the Marquee," or write the occasional sports article, and even cover state election conventions where I met and interviewed quite a few high profile dignitaries.

But back to Rumble: I started to write a description for the elephants drinking out of the pool, with the little girl watching, but I noticed that the video publisher had already written ~500 words, and as a matter of respect I didn't want to presume to do a better job than the original writer, even though the video was fair game. So, I do have a sense of ethics. My articles will be as "G" rated and family friendly as possible. Maybe Rumble would consider a cadre of tenured writers (raises hand!)?

Last edited:
I did one cash out already, so Rumble does honor that. Now I'm on a new cycle. I guess I'm not overly concerned about earning enough to buy beachfront property, because writing is its own enjoyment. Someone near the beginning of this thread mentioned it's not easy to come up with 500 words, and they are right. I will write a paragraph, dawdle over the TV and coffee, breakfast, come back and revise the paragraph, write another graph, move sentences around, etc., until I like it. I consider myself the kind of writer who can take almost any boring subject and give it a makeover. I learned this as a correspondent for a community newspaper for five years, where I said I wanted to write tall tales and restaurant reviews, but they tricked me into covering town meetings. Eventually I did go on to have my own concert and event review column, "On the Marquee," or write the occasional sports article, and even cover state election conventions where I met and interviewed quite a few high profile dignitaries.

But back to Rumble: I started to write a description for the elephants drinking out of the pool, with the little girl watching, but I noticed that the video publisher had already written ~500 words, and as a matter of respect I didn't want to presume to do a better job than the original writer, even though the video was fair game. So, I do have a sense of ethics. My articles will be as "G" rated and family friendly as possible. Maybe Rumble would consider a cadre of tenured writers (raises hand!)?
@Giggle, The same thing happened to me with a video listed under "write article" it did have 500 words but it seemed to be some kind of computer generated program that the article was written with. A lot of it didn't make sense and almost seemed to be written by a person who didn't speak English. I submitted my re-write and it is still pending so I'm assuming they decided to stick with the text they already had or possibly the person that wrote the original text did not agree to the changes. This is just a guess on my part, but it taught me not to submit any articles to a video that already had the required 500 word minimum even if it is poorly written.

@Giggle, The same thing happened to me with a video listed under "write article" it did have 500 words but it seemed to be some kind of computer generated program that the article was written with. A lot of it didn't make sense and almost seemed to be written by a person who didn't speak English. I submitted my re-write and it is still pending so I'm assuming they decided to stick with the text they already had or possibly the person that wrote the original text did not agree to the changes. This is just a guess on my part, but it taught me not to submit any articles to a video that already had the required 500 word minimum even if it is poorly written.
I can't tell you how much I detest article spinners. Those are the computer generated copy that you describe. I used to work for an online writer's community, and also partnered on an article website back in the day when Google was less fastidious about the quality of articles they indexed. The thing about the low quality article spinner type content is Google can tell the difference between quality and quantity, so it really behooves a site such as this to go with the educated, experienced talent rather than auto-generated or even bad English copy.

Speaking of which, inevitably I read one of my articles after it is published, uneditable, and cringe when I see a mistake. Also, I would go one to say that sometimes post-edited articles can be a blessing (if they clarify some technical detail of the video), or they can really botch the article with some horribly written interjection. With that said, I'm actually all for collaborative efforts, where the original video author might want to add a personal touch to my work.

B.T.W., I had one rejection (can't miss the red ink "rejected"), but inexplicably it was later approved. If I had to guess I'd say the original video author rejected the article, but the more knowledgeable Rumble editors wisely overruled the rejection ;)

I think the same, I put myself in the place of the person who with his effort wrote a description for his video, and for that same reason I did not want to make the description of some videos. Although I have made descriptions that already have a couple of paragraphs, I have always tried not to eliminate it completely and leave it as intact as possible, by making minimal modifications so that the owner of the video can see transmitted what he wanted to convey in his description original. I do not like to impose a description when the video already has one, which although incomplete is the scoop of the person who has recorded the video.

Lol it seems that we have written the same article, because I have a pending contribution since Thursday and I have approved several after that, and true, the original description did not make sense and even so the one I sent is still pending, what I think was some type of inconvenience; because the original have 500 words, for that reason I thought a lot about doing it. Unless ... they have not yet decided between any of the two contributions, because I think we're talking about the same video.

I figured that they had to be auto-generated articles because some of them were complete gibberish and basically saying the same thing in 10 different ways. If anybody is relying on those kind of programs you aren't cut out for any form of writing. that's just lazy and almost insulting to the reader .

DavidMcNab

Going back to a few of the comments regarding cash out and Rumble honouring the agreement, I can tell anyone that without question, Rumble earnings will make it to your account. There is a delay for those who upload videos, and that lag seems to trouble people, but once you start being able to cash out you'll see that money is reliable and steady. I don't think there is such a lag for writer's contributions, except to get to the $50 minimum, but have no doubt that the money is real and will never be withheld.
I've also met the Rumble staff at their office in Toronto. They are all exceptional people.
Welcome to Rumble. I think you'll find the earnings here are better than anywhere else.

Going back to a few of the comments regarding cash out and Rumble honouring the agreement, I can tell anyone that without question, Rumble earnings will make it to your account. There is a delay for those who upload videos, and that lag seems to trouble people, but once you start being able to cash out you'll see that money is reliable and steady. I don't think there is such a lag for writer's contributions, except to get to the $50 minimum, but have no doubt that the money is real and will never be withheld.
I've also met the Rumble staff at their office in Toronto. They are all exceptional people.
Welcome to Rumble. I think you'll find the earnings here are better than anywhere else.
I mentioned that sometimes I re-read the article after it's been approved, and cringe to see typos, spelling, grammatical errors, etc. Well, it happened again. The spelling and line breaking were so egregious that, to quote Bart Simpson, "I feel another repressed memory coming on." Then I forced myself to read the article again, and compare it with my last draft, only to find the mistakes were definitely not mine. There is some post editing going on, and sometimes it comes out worse than the original. No worries, I've lived with editorial privilege before, and I tend to survive it.

Here's a sample from my latest article, where clearly spelling and incorrect line breaking were inserted after my submission:

Published version. Notice it's not just that "money" is misspelled "moeny", but the line breaking is wrong:
Printing your own moeny
is not, strictly speaking, counterfeiting money, just as long as the money you print is of your own design, and doesn't try to pass as what the government is printing.
Here's the version I submitted:
Printing your own money is not, strictly speaking, counterfeiting money, just as long as the money you print is of your own design, and doesn't try to pass as what the government is printing.
Believe me, I'm not gunning for anybody's job, but I would caution that all of us, content contributors, and myself included, need to double check our work. Thank you.

I mentioned that sometimes I re-read the article after it's been approved, and cringe to see typos, spelling, grammatical errors, etc. Well, it happened again. The spelling and line breaking were so egregious that, to quote Bart Simpson, "I feel another repressed memory coming on." Then I forced myself to read the article again, and compare it with my last draft, only to find the mistakes were definitely not mine. There is some post editing going on, and sometimes it comes out worse than the original. No worries, I've lived with editorial privilege before, and I tend to survive it.

Here's a sample from my latest article, where clearly spelling and incorrect line breaking were inserted after my submission:

Published version. Notice it's not just that "money" is misspelled "moeny", but the line breaking is wrong:

Believe me, I'm not gunning for anybody's job, but I would caution that all of us, content contributors, and myself included, need to double check our work. Thank you.
Welcome Giggle. Not sure what just happened but everythig wrote disappeared when i clicked post reply. So if this is a duplicate i appologize. But everything Dave said it true. The cash is real. It takes a bit to start rolling but once it does and with continued submissions, at times the amount is very pleasing. Welcome to your new addiction, that is real as well. ;-) I will check out your channel and subscribe, please reciprocate.

I have subscribed. I see you have no videos uploaded as of yet. I look forward to seeing some of your work.

Ah ok. It frustrates me as well at times seeing changes to my descriptions. But i have realized as long as my submission is being benefitted by a new description that hopefully will make me more cash, then i am ok with that. I like accuracy within descriptions.

Same thing happened to me @Giggle. I keep a copy of what I write on file even after submission and someone changed the word dachshund to a different spelling later.... At least our names aren't published with the articles so people won't think it's our screw-up...lol