NEW FEATURE! - Content Contribution

DavidMcNab

In fairness, I looked for my narrative description in a file where I normally neep a copy as I submit the video. I didn't find a copy saved. I had also submitted a second video that is about the same foal and the same farm. I'm wondering if I somehow didn't submit a completed narrative properly.
I've gone in and submitted it on the "write description" tab.
It's possible that my video lacked a description (beyond the first sentence, which is definitely my words) and that Rumble obviously needed more.

But my concerns are still the same and I hope we can arrive at a policy that helps us all. This weighed heavily on me last night. It would change a lot of what I do if our videos are altered without our consent. Some of them wouldn't concern me. Others would.

I see this as a great concept and idea. I think Rumble is onto something good. I just hope they allow us a little needed input.

Coincidentally, we all probably just saw our cash out updated. It's a reminder for me of how well Rumble has provided me with incredible opportunities.

Last edited:

Tripwire

Well at the end of the day Rumble is a business and as businesses grow changes are going to happen and all I can say is to not upload anything that may be sensitive to yourself or others., I personally do not, and don't care what people write about, either as a description or in the comment's some people can be quite rude and put nasty comments, but I always remember why I am here and my goal is to make money for my wonderful family and myself doing what I love to do, video my beautiful dogs and family, I am not easily upset or offended and I think you need a thick skin when doing this job.I have had articles wrote about my videos and I had no input in these, so I really don't see a difference .

Mario stated, "Don't be afraid to repeat yourself using different phrasing, it actually does help." Here is a tool that will help with this. It's called "Spinbot", a text rewriting tool. https://spinbot.com/ It's free and will give you words you never would of thought of using! For example I spun Mario's post from above and the result was:
"To be straightforward now and again it might appear an overwhelming assignment, exceptionally for shorter recordings in light of the fact that there's so much you can expound on before it ends up redundant. Try not to be hesitant to rehash yourself utilizing distinctive stating, it really helps."

BenW

Mario stated, "Don't be afraid to repeat yourself using different phrasing, it actually does help." Here is a tool that will help with this. It's called "Spinbot", a text rewriting tool. https://spinbot.com/ It's free and will give you words you never would of thought of using! For example I spun Mario's post from above and the result was:
"To be straightforward now and again it might appear an overwhelming assignment, exceptionally for shorter recordings in light of the fact that there's so much you can expound on before it ends up redundant. Try not to be hesitant to rehash yourself utilizing distinctive stating, it really helps."
Great rewriting tool! Thanks for the link. I already tried it and it works great.

sloggervlogger

Yes I agree, it's a great find! Thank you! I use something similar for my tags. I use it for my photography and videos. http://microstockgroup.com/tools/keyword.php

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
In fairness, I looked for my narrative description in a file where I normally neep a copy as I submit the video. I didn't find a copy saved. I had also submitted a second video that is about the same foal and the same farm. I'm wondering if I somehow didn't submit a completed narrative properly.
I've gone in and submitted it on the "write description" tab.
It's possible that my video lacked a description (beyond the first sentence, which is definitely my words) and that Rumble obviously needed more.

But my concerns are still the same and I hope we can arrive at a policy that helps us all. This weighed heavily on me last night. It would change a lot of what I do if our videos are altered without our consent. Some of them wouldn't concern me. Others would.

I see this as a great concept and idea. I think Rumble is onto something good. I just hope they allow us a little needed input.

Coincidentally, we all probably just saw our cash out updated. It's a reminder for me of how well Rumble has provided me with incredible opportunities.
Hi David,

We understand and appreciate your input as always, as we know most creators currently in this thread live and breathe Rumble and they want the site to be the best it can be.

We're going to take this back to our team and build in a new feature that will allow users to decide whether they would like extra help writing their descriptions or not.

This will allow creators to select the option to not have contributions made to their video and to keep the description written by the creator themselves during upload.

We've always believed in being transparent with our community so we advise that if descriptions don't contain 500 words it may prevent us from promoting the video on sites like Facebook, which accounts for a lot of our traffic. We wish we could promote every video, however the internet is evolving to prioritize videos with interesting written content and I'm sure our creators will understand our need to want to be relevant.

We would like to clarify that these user contributed descriptions are fully vetted by our editorial team. The editorial team is ultimately responsible for ensuring descriptions are optimized for user engagement.

Your video alone can still make an impact, but the sum of all these parts can make an even bigger impact in the long run, and we want our creators to understand that, hence why we created the option to allow other users to contribute descriptions.

Great videos+Great title+Great description is the trifecta of online video success.

DavidMcNab

Hi David,

We understand and appreciate your input as always, as we know most creators currently in this thread live and breathe Rumble and they want the site to be the best it can be.

We're going to take this back to our team and build in a new feature that will allow users to decide whether they would like extra help writing their descriptions or not.

This will allow creators to select the option to not have contributions made to their video and to keep the description written by the creator themselves during upload.

We've always believed in being transparent with our community so we advise that if descriptions don't contain 500 words it may prevent us from promoting the video on sites like Facebook, which accounts for a lot of our traffic. We wish we could promote every video, however the internet is evolving to prioritize videos with interesting written content and I'm sure our creators will understand our need to want to be relevant.

We would like to clarify that these user contributed descriptions are fully vetted by our editorial team. The editorial team is ultimately responsible for ensuring descriptions are optimized for user engagement.

Your video alone can still make an impact, but the sum of all these parts can make an even bigger impact in the long run, and we want our creators to understand that, hence why we created the option to allow other users to contribute descriptions.

Great videos+Great title+Great description is the trifecta of online video success.
Thank you so much Mario. That addresses my concerns perfectly.
I believe the idea to allow this feature is a terrific idea for many. I think it removes obstacles for those who struggle with the narratives. I appreciate you building in the new feature about creator input for this decision.
I see Rumble growing and evolving and I know that embracing the changes will help us all.
Thank you for addressing this so quickly.
And as always, thank you for what you and the team do to make all of this possible.

DavidMcNab

Well at the end of the day Rumble is a business and as businesses grow changes are going to happen and all I can say is to not upload anything that may be sensitive to yourself or others., I personally do not, and don't care what people write about, either as a description or in the comment's some people can be quite rude and put nasty comments, but I always remember why I am here and my goal is to make money for my wonderful family and myself doing what I love to do, video my beautiful dogs and family, I am not easily upset or offended and I think you need a thick skin when doing this job.I have had articles wrote about my videos and I had no input in these, so I really don't see a difference .
My skin is thicker now too. I'm more worried about the skin of the people I collaborate with. But your approach is very sensible. :)

I would have a question:

Let's say, I have a good video, that I want to upload. I am sure it will get full, but I have no inspiration at all. How do I proceed?

1. I upload the video with minimum description, and risk to not get the full distribution, however if it dose, it land automatically into the "Content Contribution" container?
2. I write a text, it gets full, and lands automatically into the "Content Contribution" container?

As how I see, there would be great to have an option, that allow us to actively push a video into the container, without having to write any description. Obviously, the video would land there, if it gets full.

What I don't know at this point, is how much weight dose the description has in the acceptance process? Meaning, can a good video with no description still get full?

Yes, I have had videos get full with a very limited description. That was before the 300 word minimum came into effect. This video here is an example of that. I do believe all the videos will perform better with a more detailed description. I think Mario said we may be able to do re-writes of some of our own previously promoted videos if the description is lacking. Maybe that is only if we see the "write article" appearing on our video.
https://rumble.com/v33rvi-feline-money-grabber.html

That sounds good Mario, to have the option for assistance. Thick skin, heck at first a negative comment caused my back to arch. Now any comment is welcomed, hey if it starts a battle of coments, perfect, more views to return to the battle. Although, one of my recent videos did get a rewrite, which to me the results were quite odd, as did another friend think. I just am not into talking killer whales i guess, discussing how they are going to eat a seal etc. Anyhow, if it brings in thousands of views and revenue for me, cool. Just my 2 cents worth. Keep up the good work everyone.

sloggervlogger

Even though I had 300+ words on two of my videos , they still ended up in the "write article". I was quite disappointed at first. I think it's more because you know how much time and effort it takes you to write the description but I also knew I'm not a good writer and I have to say who ever wrote the article done a brilliant job! Something I would of never been able to do myself, so I'm quite grateful for that. I do still think we should have a little tick box or something just to say we're OK with the description being rewritten. I probably would tick it on most of my videos, but like David said there are some videos that have personal attachment or I can imagine if someone made a video of their own small kids where you really wouldn't want someone else to write something about them. Just the option would be great.

Hello Rumblers,

As we all know, a good description can make a big difference on our platform given its importance in engaging viewers and also allowing your video to be found via other websites. Especially now that search engines have updated their requirements to improve content delivery to users as a way to keep them watching. ...
Just english?

David, thank you so very, very much for expressing these concerns in such a detailed way. I had them as well, but I couldn't quite put my finger on them to explain them. It would be nice to give us a choice of a description change and have some control in some sort of way.

I came to the platform on the recommendation of a friend, she assured me that here I could get some extra money as a writer of publications related to the videos.
I understand the instructions perfectly, however, I do not find videos available to write, you just said that there will always be a lot of videos available, at this moment there is only one.
How do I write if there are no videos available?
Greetings.

I came to the platform on the recommendation of a friend, she assured me that here I could get some extra money as a writer of publications related to the videos.
I understand the instructions perfectly, however, I do not find videos available to write, you just said that there will always be a lot of videos available, at this moment there is only one.
How do I write if there are no videos available?
Greetings.
Yeah, I've been having the same problem.