New feature added? "x Rumbles"

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
If the nickname is included in the cookie, then the user will not remove it, even if it opens additional pages, the cookies will follow the original link through the link.

For now Rumble Do not use cookies.
The problem with this approach is that users could create an account and spam their links everywhere online just to get the referral payout without doing any of the actual work to engage and help new users join our site.

Another reason for us to encourage users to share their referral links with friends and family is to make sure that this doesn't happen. As you can imagine having a cookie following an user around that then is referred by a friend would mean the original referrer would get the 5% pay instead of the person who actually made the effort to get this user to sign up.

As a solution, if you do have a referral who has recently signed up but forgot to use your referral code then you're welcomed to have them reach out to support so we can fix it.

As long as it is a legitimate request we will honor it.

rasrad

The problem with this approach is that users could create an account and spam their links everywhere online just to get the referral payout without doing any of the actual work to engage and help new users join our site.

Another reason for us to encourage users to share their referral links with friends and family is to make sure that this doesn't happen. As you can imagine having a cookie following an user around that then is referred by a friend would mean the original referrer would get the 5% pay instead of the person who actually made the effort to get this user to sign up.

As a solution, if you do have a referral who has recently signed up but forgot to use your referral code then you're welcomed to have them reach out to support so we can fix it.

As long as it is a legitimate request we will honor it.
Yes it is reasonable, I understand.
Thank you for the clarification.

It would be nice to see links to accounts or nicknames.
Not all referrals are confirmed in writing that they used the offer.

DavidMcNab

Ray,
Mario might be able to add him afterwards. He will likely just need to confirm with Rumble that he intended you as his referrer.

chrisrumble

Administrator
Staff member
"Rumbles" will become a very important part of video metrics in 2019. This is our first rollout to help our loyal users get a head start in building their authority. I would highly suggest commenting, upvoting and downvoting comments you like and don't like.

DavidMcNab

This sounds exciting. It feels like one more way that we are in on the ground floor of something that is really growing.
The Rumble Viral YouTube subscribers are growing at an increasing rate, nearing 800,000. Rumble is becoming much better known on social media too. It's been a while since I've had to explain Rumble to somebody.
What exactly will video metrics mean for the content creator? I have heard the term but I'm pretty sure I don't really understand what it is. I assume there will be others in the same boat.

BenW

"Rumbles" will become a very important part of video metrics in 2019. This is our first rollout to help our loyal users get a head start in building their authority. I would highly suggest commenting, upvoting and downvoting comments you like and don't like.
Like David already said: "This sounds exciting". You suggest commenting, upvoting and downvoting, but is it possible to downvote? (although I don't like to do that)

RitaAnn

If the nickname is included in the cookie, then the user will not remove it, even if it opens additional pages, the cookies will follow the original link through the link.

For now Rumble Do not use cookies.
What about asking on the register page "who referred" as well as in the link itself? In hopes of cutting down on the cheating as well as helping ensure people get proper pay.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
What about asking on the register page "who referred" as well as in the link itself? In hopes of cutting down on the cheating as well as helping ensure people get proper pay.
We already do that, there's a referrer link that's auto filled when you open a link sent to you by your referral, if you're sent a blank link or you don't use it right away it gets deleted as it's not a cookie.

RitaAnn

In other words, if I send people to this page from the forum, or embed it into my page, my link is already there so nothing is needed from me?

I just sent a little blog post type thing out to my page; I probably won't get credit for that link then. Hmmm. I altered the link with my info. on it.

Let me know so I can change that.

Thanks for all you do to help others earn.

You Rock!

RitaAnn~
...on Rumble

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
This is your referral link,

it's the only link that will work unless your referrals manually type your username into the referral field before they complete their registration,

No other link works, and this link won't work after they'er finished creating an account.

rumble.com/register/RitaAnn/