Negative Rumbles?

MircaTheHusky

What's up with the negative rumbles? I just uploaded that video and don't get why it gets negative rumbles.
And how is it possible to get -3 rumbles(from +2) and have only 1 view?
I just decided to give a try on Rumble and I already regret it.

brenmichelle

No it just means it was in the rumble battle so people watching it on the battle have to pick up or down. Don’t worry about these numbers, I’m finding some of the best vids get low numbers, I’m guessing it’s competing creators that want to win the battle. If your vid goes to YouTube on rumble’s channel, I’m sure you will see a much different picture. As for the view count, I think it’s just a bit delayed.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
No it just means it was in the rumble battle so people watching it on the battle have to pick up or down. Don’t worry about these numbers, I’m finding some of the best vids get low numbers, I’m guessing it’s competing creators that want to win the battle. If your vid goes to YouTube on rumble’s channel, I’m sure you will see a much different picture. As for the view count, I think it’s just a bit delayed.
This is correct, plus negative Rumbles don't affect your account in any way. It is a feature in testing, so there's still room to perfect it.

DavidMcNab

What's up with the negative rumbles? I just uploaded that video and don't get why it gets negative rumbles.

Don't worry about the Rumble battles votes. Your main goal is to create videos that make a point, tell a story, express your views, entertain the world, and make money. The battles are specific to the audience reaction to the first five seconds of a video. The world might have expected something different or missed your point. Watching the full video on Rumble or their YouTube channel, they might react differently. They can't see your title or narrative.
Don't give up. Plus, your husky seemed to be fine with it all ;)

winkeldinkel

I think we owe it to everyone to vote based on reaction to the video and not on trying to win the $5. For me, it's not enough money to buy my vote. I hope it's not enough to buy the votes of anybody :)
I agree David. I don't like competing against each other. I give positive rumbles to any video I like and if I don't like it I would rather just ignore then give negative rumbles. Not willing to hurt peoples feelings over 5 bucks..lol

MircaTheHusky

I don't know that is that thing with the 5 bucks.

I just hope it doesn't affect the algorithm in way that it doesn't make the video perform well. Well, I believe most of us are here because of Youtube's failed(imo) algorithm-policies, came here hoping to fing someting better, more friendly-creator.
Already lost a big channel(car channel) on Youtube, hope here for a new start :)

winkeldinkel

I don't know that is that thing with the 5 bucks.

I just hope it doesn't affect the algorithm in way that it doesn't make the video perform well. Well, I believe most of us are here because of Youtube's failed(imo) algorithm-policies, came here hoping to fing someting better, more friendly-creator.
Already lost a big channel(car channel) on Youtube, hope here for a new start :)
I believe you will do much better here with Rumbles YouTube channel. If it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't have made a dime on my own and with all the new subscriber rules and watch time hours, its nearly impossible for the small creator when you try to "go it alone"...

BenW

I can't play the battles yet, because I wait for the IOS version, but I noticed that some of my last uploaded videos did the battle before going 'Live' (it was Rumbling) Does the voting has effect on if it gets limited or full distribution? My second to last video (horse video) won a battle with +30 rumbles and got full distribution. My last uploaded video (Coots with chicks) got limited. That one had at first -9 votes , but It see this morning it changed to +7. (resurrection 😂 )

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
I can't play the battles yet, because I wait for the IOS version, but I noticed that some of my last uploaded videos did the battle before going 'Live' (it was Rumbling) Does the voting has effect on if it gets limited or full distribution? My second to last video (horse video) won a battle with +30 rumbles and got full distribution. My last uploaded video (Coots with chicks) got limited. That one had at first -9 votes , but It see this morning it changed to +7. (resurrection 😂 )
Does the voting has effect on if it gets limited or full distribution?

NO

TonyFisher

Maybe the content of the video. No offence, but, well......

cdngreenwaterdiver

I am not sure if those negative rumbles will bring some thing "positive" to Rumble, people will just quit from. I got the same -14 negative on my last video.. No coments, no info... looks a litle bit coward
I agree somewhat. It makes me feel that some just give negative votes for the heck of it. No views and no comments

DavidMcNab

The negative Rumbles come from the Rumble battle. Remember that people are seeing a mere five seconds of your video on a tiny screen, without title and narrative and they don't always understand the point of the video. The negative Rumble can occur for many reasons. If your goal is to win the $10 and nothing more, you'll be disappointed, but then you're missing the biggest opportunity to make money on Rumble with promotion and views.
My feelings get hurt for all of three seconds and then I get back to why I'm here. I'm making videos that are aimed at people who will watch on Rumble and other platforms. There's a lot more money to be made there.
Rumble battles are fun, and I'm making enough to add a few dollars to my account, but Rumble is accomplishing some other things that we might not understand through this app and the data collected.
I say try to shrug it off and look at the performance of your video overall. The biggest audience is elsewhere. :)

cdngreenwaterdiver

The negative Rumbles come from the Rumble battle. Remember that people are seeing a mere five seconds of your video on a tiny screen, without title and narrative and they don't always understand the point of the video. The negative Rumble can occur for many reasons. If your goal is to win the $10 and nothing more, you'll be disappointed, but then you're missing the biggest opportunity to make money on Rumble with promotion and views.
My feelings get hurt for all of three seconds and then I get back to why I'm here. I'm making videos that are aimed at people who will watch on Rumble and other platforms. There's a lot more money to be made there.
Rumble battles are fun, and I'm making enough to add a few dollars to my account, but Rumble is accomplishing some other things that we might not understand through this app and the data collected.
I say try to shrug it off and look at the performance of your video overall. The biggest audience is elsewhere. :)
Possibly this should be tweaked a little, so viewers see more than a few seconds, or else what is the point of it all? if viewers aren't watching more than 3 seconds of a video,( which like movies giving the. more than that may not be useful). Titles should, im my opinion, be added at least.