My limited distributed video by Rumble goes Viral but I can’t earn money with it.

BenW

Trustworthy Member
It is a pity that Rumble doesn't claim a limited distributed video that goes viral on my own Youtube channel. With some 200 views per hour it has reached 63.000 views now.

Although rumble support answered my request properly twice, it is still unsatisfying and strange that they don’t want to claim it, moreover because I can’t generate income from my own YouTube channel because of as YouTube calls it “reuse of content’( claimed videos by Rumble)

@chrisrumble and @Mario; Hope there is in one or other way a possibillity.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qub76lwsEQ

Mario

Head of the Support Team
Staff member
We would love to claim every single piece of content that can't be monetized by creators, but YouTube has made it really difficult. On purpose of course.

If we claim every piece of content then everyone's videos get derranked and we get penalized for oversharing, because (and I'm being very sarcastic here) YouTube is such a bastion of quality and has so little space they can't afford the bandwidth 🙄

BenW

Trustworthy Member
We would love to claim every single piece of content that can't be monetized by creators, but YouTube has made it really difficult. On purpose of course.

If we claim every piece of content then everyone's videos get derranked and we get penalized for oversharing, because (and I'm being very sarcastic here) YouTube is such a bastion of quality and has so little space they can't afford the bandwidth 🙄
Thanks for your answer Mario. Well appreciated, although it is of course very dissapointing. The video has some 300 views per hour now (16.000 in 48 hours) Total views 84.500. Hope I can generate income on YouTube myself with my next request (3rd time) for the partner program.

Last edited:

Mario

Head of the Support Team
Staff member
Thanks for your answer Mario. Well appreciated, although it is of course very dissapointing. The video has some 300 views per hour now (16.000 in 48 hours) Total views 84.500. Hope I can generate income on YouTube myself with my next request (3rd time) for the partner program.
fingers crossed, we are all at the mercy of YouTube and their ever changing rules.

BenW

Trustworthy Member
fingers crossed, we are all at the mercy of YouTube and their ever changing rules.
Unfortunately YouTube didn't accept my entry (for the third time) to the YouTube partnerprogram, because of reused video content. (videos of mine claimed by Rumble) That's a pity because my video (that wasn't claimed by Rumble) still goes viral and already reached over 150.000 views (27.000 the last 48 hours)
Still sad Rumble can't or doesn't want to claim it.

ray1876

Unfortunately YouTube didn't accept my entry (for the third time) to the YouTube partnerprogram, because of reused video content. (videos of mine claimed by Rumble) That's a pity because my video (that wasn't claimed by Rumble) still goes viral and already reached over 150.000 views (27.000 the last 48 hours)
That stinks. I am wondering if it is better to upload to Rumble and avoid putting things on my own youtube channel for that reason.

BenW

Trustworthy Member
I had a lot of benefits too, because two videos on my own YouTube channel that do well are monetized by Rumble even when I didn’t had enough followers. One has almost 1,5 million views and the other 320.000 views. But for the last year they don’t claim all videos that got accepted on Rumble anymore. Like this video that does so well and that’s a pity.

sloggervlogger

I think it's really bad. That stops creators, especially new creators from uploading to Rumble, because if they know they might never be able to monetize their own YouTube channel because they giving their video to Rumble. I know Rumble can't help YouTube rules. I do think this needs to be made very clear to all the creators so they have a choice and know what might/could happen to their YouTube channel. I'm not saying it always happens as it clearly doesn't because some of us do have a monetized YouTube channel. I think it might be a % of videos? So if you give 100% of your YouTube videos to Rumble ( or any other video licence agency for that matter) then your channel won't be monetized on YouTube? Maybe auto syndication is to blame as well, as it automatically uploads all the videos? So Rumble has got the video first, then it will get uploaded to your YouTube channel and that makes YouTube think you are using re-used content when in fact it's your video and you're not reusing it. I really don't know, but really would like to find out as I've got channels as well that I'm building up to get monetized. If we knew what causes YouTube to say that it is re-used content. We could do something about it and say
ok I need to make some videos that I just keep for my YouTube channel and only upload my best videos to Rumble.
When accepting limited it's even worse. At the moment the chart still says limited gets uploaded to the Rumble YouTube channel, which is obviously not necessarily the case anymore. That is fine, I know Rumble can't help it as they are limited on videos they can upload, but then the chart needs to be changed, and reflect the current changes, as people that sign up think, Ok I don't have a monetised channel I upload to Rumble and accept limited if that's all I can get and get paid through Rumble. With @BenW video it's such a shame, when he accepted limited it wasn't known that his video might not end up on the Rumble YouTube channel. So he couldn't make an informed choice. Which isn't right.

Don't get me wrong, Rumble is a great way of earning an extra income or even enables you to give up your job and make a living out of it! I myself are very grateful for what Rumble has enabled me to do. So do use Rumble, it really can change your life if you work hard at it. You just need to know what is best for you, and for that, we need to know all the facts and how we can go about it without being penalized from Youtube. Rumble is always open to discussions and open to changes so that is brilliant and maybe we can figure all this out together.

Last edited:

cdngreenwaterdiver

It is a pity that Rumble doesn't claim a limited distributed video that goes viral on my own Youtube channel. With some 200 views per hour it has reached 63.000 views now.

Although rumble support answered my request properly twice, it is still unsatisfying and strange that they don’t want to claim it, moreover because I can’t generate income from my own YouTube channel because of as YouTube calls it “reuse of content’( claimed videos by Rumble)

@chrisrumble and @Mario; Hope there is in one or other way a possibillity.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qub76lwsEQ
I feel your pain, I had similar happen.
https://rumble.com/user/cdngreenwaterdiver/

cdngreenwaterdiver

Makes you wonder why your video received limited in the first place .

BenW

Trustworthy Member
I always upload the video first to my own YouTube channel before I upload it to Rumble. (so I can provide the YouTube link of my video when I upload it to Rumble) In the previous years all the videos, full distributied and Limited distributed videos were claimed by Rumble, so I could earn money with my videos on YouTube and that was really great, because for a long time I hadn't enough followers. Now things are different. Limited videos are not claimed anymore and even my last full distributed video hasn't been claimed yet (one week old)
I'm afraid YouTube won't accept my entry to the YouTube partnerprogram in the future, or I need to delete all the videos claimed by Rumble. That's not really an option, because some of them do really well too.

I agree with @sloggervlogger that Rumble is a great way of earning an extra income and that Rumble has to deal with what is possible on YouTube.

BenW

Trustworthy Member
Makes you wonder why your video received limited in the first place .
You'll never know in advance how well a video will do, but maybe there is a possibillity that if a video does very well they can change it to full distribution. I almost don't dare to watch the numbers, but at this moment it has 1000 viewers in 1 hour (41.000 in the last 48 hours) Total views now: 184.000

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
I find it very inappropriate to start identifying other community members and making assumptions and addressing their "expected response".
I try to share my knowledge and experience because I've been successful here and I just think anyone else can do the same. It actually doesn't benefit me personally to try to help other users. And I don't comment to "defend Rumble".
You're entitled to your own opinion but it's no more valid than the opinion of others.

Last edited:

sloggervlogger

I find it very inappropriate to start identifying other community members and making assumptions and addressing their "expected response".
I try to share my knowledge and experience because I've been successful here and I just think anyone else can do the same. It actually doesn't benefit me personally to try to help other users. And I don't comment to "defend Rumble".
You're entitled to your own opinion but it's no more valid than the opinion of others.
I do apologize David, I didn't mean to offend you. I know you're only trying to help. I had one of those days and I thought you sometimes miss the bigger picture and don't think that other people might do it differently than you or want something different, but yes you're right I shouldn't have done that. Let me know, I'll edit the comment above.

sloggervlogger

I do apologize David, I didn't mean to offend you. I know you're only trying to help. I had one of those days and I thought you sometimes miss the bigger picture and don't think that other people might do it differently than you or want something different, but yes you're right I shouldn't have done that. Let me know, I'll edit the comment above.
I edited it anyway. Again my apologies.

Last edited:

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
I edited it anyway. Again my apologies.
Thanks Slogger.
I have a lot of respect for your success on both platforms, and for your wealth of experience and opinions.
I know that most new Rumble creators need to carefully weigh the options and your input is a very valuable thing for them. I do get caught up in my enthusiasm when it comes to Rumble. I owe the staff a great deal, and I think I know them better than most uploaders because I drop in and see them personally. But mainly, the enthusiasm comes from believing that everybody can have a lucrative channel if they follow the same recipe.
All good, my friend.
Cheers!

BenW

Trustworthy Member
Thanks Slogger.
I have a lot of respect for your success on both platforms, and for your wealth of experience and opinions.
I know that most new Rumble creators need to carefully weigh the options and your input is a very valuable thing for them. I do get caught up in my enthusiasm when it comes to Rumble. I owe the staff a great deal, and I think I know them better than most uploaders because I drop in and see them personally. But mainly, the enthusiasm comes from believing that everybody can have a lucrative channel if they follow the same recipe.
All good, my friend.
Cheers!
Yes you are very succesfull and helpfull, but I can't follow your recipe, although I know it works well for you. I don't have time enough to film a lot or have enough good footage to upload each day, but I found another way that worked for many years and that was my own YouTube channel. Some do very well and better than on Rumbles YouTube Viral, but since Rumble only claims a few videos (since a few months) it is getting harder for me to earn money, certainly because YouTube won't let me join the partnerprogram because of "reused' (claimed videos by Rumble) footage. So I can't earn money with my video that is still going great. At the moment 220.000 views (43.000 in the last 48 hours) I can't sell it to others too because it got Limited distribution here and at that moment I didn't know and wasn't mentioned that Rumble doesn't claim limited videos anymore.
This will be my last message about this problem, because the message is clear and I don't want to bother all of you with it again.

Last edited:

cdngreenwaterdiver

Yes you are very succesfull and helpfull, but I can't follow your recipe, although I know it works well for you. I don't have time enough to film a lot or have enough good footage to upload each day, but I found another way that worked for many years and that was my own YouTube channel. Some do very well and better than on Rumbles YouTube Viral, but since Rumble only claims a few videos (since a few months) it is getting harder for me to earn money, certainly because YouTube won't let me join the partnerprogram because of "reused' (claimed videos by Rumble) footage. So I can't earn money with my video that is still going great. At the moment 220.000 views (43.000 in the last 48 hours) I can't sell it to others too because it got Limited distribution here and at that moment I didn't know and wasn't mentioned that Rumble doesn't claim limited videos anymore.
This will be my last message about this problem, because the message is clear and I don't want to bother all of you with it again.
same here with earnings. I feel the same about the recipe, it doesn't work for everyone, possibly no one.